Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Ok, should the cooldowns stay or not?

As you know already, Eternal Lands' government form is despotic dictature, where the admins and owners and staff cheat and abuse the poor players, not unlike the government of North Korea.

However, every once in a while, we do give our players the right to vote on stuff, and occasionally we actually do what they vote for.

So this time we are going to do whatever you vote for.

You had almost one month now to decide if the cooldowns are good or bad. I already have an idea of how much you love them, but just wanted to give everyone the chance to vote.

As you can see from the poll, this is an yes or no vote. No maybes, no IFs.

If the majority votes no, then the cooldowns will dissapear and everything will be as it was before, including the manufacturing delays.

Obviously, some of the new items I planed to implement (the coding was even done for them) will not be implemented because they were designed to work in conjunction with the cooldowns. Without the cooldowns, they are too powerful and will not be used. I am not going to tell you what those items are, not until this poll is closed, on 6th of January. I am not telling you because a lot of you bitched about the cooldowns before the "no bitching month" expired, and if you think your actions have no consequence, well, think again.

Obviously, the half mana required for summoning animals insdide the 'summonary' will not happen if there are no cooldowns.

If the majority votes yes, then we will perform some minor tweaks (nothing really big, just a few seconds here and there) but we will have some really cool new items in the game that will make the combat much more interesting, especially for fighters, mages and summoners.

If you decide to reply to this thread, in addition to voting, then just reply with "yes" or "no". No IFs, no BUTs, not question marks, no nothing. Anything other than: "I want the cooldowns to stay" or "I want them to not stay" will be deleted, and there is the chance you will get a 1 month ban from the game if you post anything but that.

Oh, and Happy New Year!

i say get rid of the cooldown :icon4:

Edit: sorry didn't read the last part of ur post Entropy ;/

Happy new year to you too :)

Edited by Hardcore

Couldn't you do some minor tweaks FIRST then post something like this after another 2 weeks?

I voted yes - for them to stay

Edited by MagpieLee

It'll be interesting to see how things break down in regards to long time versus fairly new players expressing an opinion in this thread.

The cool-downs are a good part of el. It makes the market more competitive, and makes this less of a "potion guzzling contest" for some fights with players. It also gives a use to feasting pots, and creats a gold coin sink at mira. Keep'em :lol:

I want them to NOT stay, and all my guildmates (13 of them) are behind this vote (they're not comming to this forum, so I am just relaying their opinion).

:icon4: i didn't like the coold down because you couldn't eat and make stuff at the same time it was to hard to do i love the game but i am sorry i o vote no more cool down

Edited to remove the missuse of the font tags.

Edited by Entropy

Yes, cooldown stays. But give the chance of those who have Power hunger and anti-social (buying feasting pots at Mira) to chance without reset.

Edited by bep

As much as I hated the cooldowns to begin with, once I started manufactuing and alchemy with them they aren't so bad, ok so when you run out of food you have to wait to restore it all which can be annoying but its not as bad as everyone makes it out to be, especialy with lower level items so I voted Yes.

Can someone change my vote to Yes and delete this? Thanks. No.

Edited by Dunian

Well, I have to say that I really like the cooldown idea and I hope it will stay. It would be wonderful if the food cool downs were a little less, but I think they are great.

Also, Cooldowns on potions and rings makes a wonderful change in Pking. You can't just slam pots and stay alive forever. Please keep the cooldowns, and just tweak the times on food items to make them a bit more bearable.

Thanks for continuing to do your best to improve the game :icon4: