Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Ok, should the cooldowns stay or not?

I want the cooldowns to stay..but bit feeling like blackmailed..though that didnt change anything...

And poor Chance..after all these "nothings" he will get a 1 month ban from the game ..:medieval:

What are you talking about? Has Chance been banned and why? ~Sandcastle

Well I voted NO...Only one simple reason for this. And that is in the "hopes" that the large part of the great EL community that was lost during the implementation of the cooldown, will return.

Which is negligible.

Has the forums membership numbers been reset at all?

Coz Entropy is number 2, Burnout is 4850, which would give an average 404 players per month enroled on forums between those two getting forum registered.

Then there's Anamir, number 10542, mid november this year (roughly start of cooldown), then theres hotboy above, joined today number 11660. Average in that month of 1118 forum memberships made during the cooldown period (give or take a week or two)

I assume theres more coming in than going out, is that what you meant Entropy?

I like the cooldown, but since we can even produce more and I don't sell anything I voted no. Not just because I think it's bad (I really loved the idea) I vote just no, with the use of delays I was able to sell things because people hated to wait, but since every items just has the same mixing time, it's impossible since everyone makes his own stuff now ... So there was a good part on this idea, but the bad thing took the overhand ... It's sad but true :medieval:

To the_antiroot: I want a divorce, just beacause you want the cooldown to stay :medieval: j/k

On a more serious note:

I like the quickness in which things are made, but hate the extra costs of the feasting pots and the fact they arent stackable.

You say you are going to fix the summoning issues, which it sounds great, but....I just don't know if it's enough for me to want to keep it.

I have a lot of friends that pk, and I occasionally like to go to KF, but saw on no drop day just how much the sr cooldown/diss cooldown hurts.

So all in all I have to say NO to the cooldown staying.

Entropy, if you would stand in a room full of EL players and say: 'All in favor for the cooldown, raise your finger.'

I will raise all 10 of my fingers. Cooldown stays, it is a good thing.

:P With the cooldown it makes it harder to do lots of manu and it takes longer. To me it just seems like a waste of time.

This just isn't true. It is easier to produce things now with cooldown in place. This claim of it being harder and taking longer is just FUD.

I do not really HATE it but i vote NO i do not want it.

I said YES

With how close it is, I don't think either decision should be made right now, I believe that it should be kept and played with longer before another vote or maybe tweak is made.

I agree with pyderz. I voted yes.

Let's see what the new changes with cooldown are on this next update. I'm just barely in favor of KEEPING cooldown; mainly because of the production speed increases.

Well, after spending several hours doing alch, manu and crafting for the first time in a few months I have to say I'd beg to keep the cooldown stuff in place if I thought that would help. It is so much better then ever increasing delays that it replaced. I'd totally given up on the whole manu/craft/alch thing because it was just way to tedious. That is not the case anymore. If anything I think the cooldown on feasting potions should be increased. I wish I'd been paying closer attention when this happened because I hadn't realized until today that the cooldown addition meant the delays had been removed.

I understand others have some problems, but from a game mechanics point of view this is such a vital change. It lends logic and consistency to EL that just hasn't been there in the past. This isn't to say there couldn't and shouldn't be some tweaks to what is currently in place, but throwing out cooldowns would be a huge huge mistake. And I'm generally somebody who complains about every change.

I voted YES. All changes are hard, but i think cooldown makes the game more interesting (if you change the cooldown time a bit), and we need more items, and more interesting things in EL.

I'm not certain that it has been long enough for the effects on the economy to be telling... but I think the concept of the cooldowns is a good and interesting one, it's a little more strategy than delays, so I vote to keep them