Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Ok, should the cooldowns stay or not?

Sure Entropy, I understand that, and that is completely okay. I just felt necessity to say that all my guildmates are behind that vote - that is all. :) Chers! And btw HAPPY NEW YEAR to all Seridians!

I voted "no."

1) Cooldown didn't solve the problem it was supposed to solve (market surplus & deflated prices, which, IMHO, weren't really key problems);

2) There have been more "natural" and focused alternatives proposed;

3) Cooldown has unintended consequences - if it stays, the devs would have to "patch the patch" or ignore the complaints of fighters and summoners;

4) Yer not gonna get this mule to walk by waving a few carrots in my face :glare: Probably would never be able to afford any of those "special" items anyway.

Don't get me wrong - I appreciate the time and effort the devs and mods put into this game. I just don't see how cooldown was supposed to work, or why it should stay.

If that was too much "no" for someone's taste, I await my one-month ban -_-

Or those not going anywhere.

I'm tempted to vote each way, some new items and only minor time adjustments don't seem enough to pull me in, though..

I'll be going No, but waiting to vote on the last day, incase more or differant information is given.

yay me to, i wait to vote :)

Guest stalag

"The coodlown was put to save the market it didnt do its purpose so i say NO"

but i will (am) vote YES!

why?

1 - save the market NO

2- more challenge YES

3 - more items YES

4 - Entropy will have more work YES :-)

So that's 3 to 1 to YES !

I said NO

reasons behind this

Cooldown does not make the game harder it makes it more tedious...delays what will happen anyway so instead of spending 6 hours and getting the result I now spend 12 hours (Mrs is going nuts)

lol

I agree to certain aspects of cooldown such as item specific such as brs and diss rings but at the same time this just encourages bagjumping etc as those that really need them are only newbies and not powerful fighters etc

However for new people entering the game its highly frustrating just learning to eat let alone waiting for food to cooldown? (how does a veggie cool down when its plucked from the ground :medieval:)

I am sorry I have gone into it in more detail than what was requested but I have noticed that a lot of key players have done so to but would not be surprised if I get banned

all the same I think people should go with how thy feel about the cooldown and not let others influence them

such as new items :icon4:

with kindest regards and best wishes in the New Year

Dragonstriker (Guild Master Eternal Mystics)

I vote YES!

Always able to have food in storage, no more loading up with tons of fruit, great also for players with minor carry load.

No need to make a bag anymore..I love cooldown :medieval:

Jez

Guest lasermouse0

yes the cooldown should be here yes it should.because its resting the server of to many poeple.so theres a better system keep it going! :icon4: :lol: :mellow: :pickaxe_rune: :medieval: :miky:

Guest Booble

I'm voting Yes. I like the cooldown and the prospect of more interesting gameplay. Regardless of the intention of the cooldown, shouldn't it take time to consume food and potions?

My US$0.02... :medieval:

Well I voted NO...Only one simple reason for this. And that is in the "hopes" that the large part of the great EL community that was lost during the implementation of the cooldown, will return. Is it more realistic, yes to a point. Does it make things harder. Only for PK'ers and Summoners (if you can afford festing pots.) Does it do anything to balance the market. On lower level items. yes, nothing for the hard to make items though. So there is some god and some bad that came of it. But I think the worst of it was losing all the players that quit due to it. I know you don't care how many people leave Ent, but to me...the players are what makes what the game fun.

Burnout

Guest Enyo

May I PLEASE retract my "no" vote and change it to a "yes"? I've been thinking.. I only experienced the cooldown for 3 days.. with patience it could be good thing. Thanks.

Edited by Enyo

I'm kind of confused how people could think the delays are better then the cooldown system. In fact, in another thread there is a poll about bringing back the delays and it is losing by a huge margin. Whereas this vote is much closer.

Seems to me people would prefer neither, but if given a choice the cooldown is the lesser of two evils. (Depending on your primary focus in playing EL of course.)

I'm kind of confused how people could think the delays are better then the cooldown system. In fact, in another thread there is a poll about bringing back the delays and it is losing by a huge margin. Whereas this vote is much closer.

Seems to me people would prefer neither, but if given a choice the cooldown is the lesser of two evils. (Depending on your primary focus in playing EL of course.)

I would gladly take th cooldown over the delay for making items, it is the rings and drinking potions that has a cooldown now that had no delay before, that is what changes the vote. It's the PK aspect and as to where I am not much of a PK person, ALOT of players left due to these issues. that, I believe, is the descrepancy in the vote.

Burnout

:medieval: With the cooldown it makes it harder to do lots of manu and it takes longer. To me it just seems like a waste of time.

Well I voted NO...Only one simple reason for this. And that is in the "hopes" that the large part of the great EL community that was lost during the implementation of the cooldown, will return.

Which is negligible.

Summoners get all the attention. What about the healers? I USED to heal random players (newbs and advanced), but i don't since "cooldown". It takes way too long to replenish ethereal points now. I just heal my guildmates now.

I want the cooldowns to stay..but bit feeling like blackmailed..though that didnt change anything...

And poor Chance..after all these "nothings" he will get a 1 month ban from the game ..:medieval: