Eternal Lands Official Forums
Suessie

Today is a special day also for the bots

MSG:Today is a special day:

Acid Rain Day

English: Each minute you spend outside when it rains, there is a chance for the items you WEAR to get damaged and dissapear.

Role Playing: Our scientists have discovered an increase in the acidity of the rain, due to the increased pollution from the d

warf and gnome factories. Anyone being hit by the rain might lose some of the items they wear.

MSG:One of the items you were wearing was lost or degraded due to acid rain.

MSG:Your Wooden Battle Hammer has been destroyed

MSG:Your Fur Boots has been destroyed

MSG:Your Fur Torso has been destroyed

Thats what I found this morning.

Is there a way that the bots wont involved in this special days?

Or just don't wear anything????

Year :)

And what about:

Today is a special day:

Solare Flares

English: Today, if you are out at daytime, you lose 2 hp/minute.

which means iluna is dead in about 40 minutes! :icon4:

It could always be worse.... Why not put the bots inside?or take them off for that period of time?

Edited by sparhawk

You can always give some healing potions to the bots, no?

Year :P

And what about:

Today is a special day:

Solare Flares

Actually, adequate armor that has radiation protection will nulify the effect of that day.

Actually, adequate armor that has radiation protection will nulify the effect of that day.

until the acid rain day?

I think special days should only affect players, not registered bots

until the acid rain day?

I think special days should only affect players, not registered bots

First of all: Happy new year.

Thank you ttlanhil, this is exactly my opinion, too.

remote heal: this means we have to be online all time to check the day and heal them ?

healing pots: waste all slots with healing pots and teach them to drink ?

You can always give some healing potions to the bots, no?

Year :bow_arrow:

And what about:

Today is a special day:

Solare Flares

Armor would be fine, when they had the human nexus. If they had the human nexus they will lost the armor at acid rain :D

Bots should be protected from just about all effects, they will not be attacked in invasions (i think they need MM perk though) so it might just be a small oversight of the developer where they forgot to stop the effect for bots.

I don't know if this is something that would need to be added to the bot flag or could be a separate flag.

Possibly, if the latter is the case, maybe included in a bot application could be the request for immunity to the special days...bots such as store bots I would imagine would be an excellent choice for this. (Of course current bots would be able to request immunity as well). A bot that just "is" for silly or useless purposes can sit in a house if need be.

I think that any bot that actually has a reason to exist such as a store bot or a guard bot should be exempt. These are on 24 hours a day and serve a purpose to the players. It is totally unreasonable imo for a player to have to constantly check to heal these or refresh armour or move them back from the underworld because of these events.

Update:

Bots will be protected from the acid rain and the solar flares, effective next update, whenever that is ;)

Until that time, you may temporarily move your bot inside.

*Official info straight from the horse's mouth* :)

Update:

Bots will be protected from the acid rain and the solar flares, effective next update, whenever that is :)

Thank you Aislinn.

That sounds good ;) so we will be able to bring up our new bot in C2 after the update.

Update:

Bots will be protected from the acid rain and the solar flares, effective next update, whenever that is :)

Until that time, you may temporarily move your bot inside.

*Official info straight from the horse's mouth* ;)

Hello Aislinn :(

i moved her temporary into the house WSC at 293,312.

thank you

thunderous

Guest Trojan_Knight

Old thread.. But since it was mentioned here.. I thought to bump this with my questions, rather then making a new thread..

~Are bots immune to invasions?

~Does this also conclude that monsters like the Dragons, that attack wheather you have either the mm perk/cloak or not, also will not attack you?

~Lastly, is the mm perk / cloak required in order to be immune to having your registered market bot unattackable? Meaning, bot is clarified immune if has perk / cloak.

Been a long while since I've owned a bot or etc.. And thought to get my questions out of the way, prior to registering. :)

~~> me <~~ :P

Old thread.. But since it was mentioned here.. I thought to bump this with my questions, rather then making a new thread..

~Are bots immune to invasions?

~Does this also conclude that monsters like the Dragons, that attack wheather you have either the mm perk/cloak or not, also will not attack you?

~Lastly, is the mm perk / cloak required in order to be immune to having your registered market bot unattackable? Meaning, bot is clarified immune if has perk / cloak.

Been a long while since I've owned a bot or etc.. And thought to get my questions out of the way, prior to registering. :)

~~> me <~~ :P

Bots are immune to special days like acid rain or solar flares

Bots are ignored by any invasion monster (and all invasion monsters ignore MM, not just dragons)

If a bot is in a map where there are monsters which would attack it (because its def level is too low, for example), it MUST have MM perk or cape (rule 22.8)

Are you sure? I thought bots need MM because stupid creatures like goblins die lots because they auto attack (normal creatures not invasion)

Bots are immune to all monsters, including invasions.

No, bots are immune to invasion monsters. They still have to worry about normal monsters. A bot on a map with monsters needs MM (cloak or perk).

Guest Trojan_Knight

Thank you everyone for helping me better understand. I greatly appreciate it :icon13:

~~> me <~~ :pickaxe: