Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bkc56

Buddy List mantanence

*sigh*

Well, you could queue several #list_buddy requests and search for all id's at once in one pass but too much work for something not so important.

Create a list when char is created

id# | playername

1 atlantis

2 wexy

then you just take line #<id number> and thats name of person

kk

Well yes, that would be the solution but you would need to edit everyones buddy list and make it that format.

id# | playername

1 atlantis

2 wexy

kk

Again, a client-side file would not work on multiple computers.

This data, I am sure, is part of the data in the 100k files learner is talking about. Searching and grabbing every time a player logs on? With 500+ concurrent users? Not likely.

Swapping to a database may be a useful idea, but it probably isn't worth the work for something this simple.

id# | playername

1 atlantis

2 wexy

kk

This data, I am sure, is part of the data in the 100k files learner is talking about. Searching and grabbing every time a player logs on? With 500+ concurrent users? Not likely.

Swapping to a database may be a useful idea, but it probably isn't worth the work for something this simple.

I think Atlantis is talking about server side list not client side.

And another thing, If all buddy lists are converted so that they contain a name too there's no need to search thru all those 100k files. You seem to have missed few last posts :medieval:.

id# | playername

1 atlantis

2 wexy

kk

I think Atlantis is talking about server side list not client side.

And another thing, If all buddy lists are converted so that they contain a name too there's no need to search thru all those 100k files. You seem to have missed few last posts :medieval:.

Any change like that requires rewriting the save file format, converting 100k+ files, scanning all the files for id * names and updating 100k+ files, and writing new code so that when a buddy changes names they are still on everyones buddy list.

Anything like this is LOW PRIORITY at this time and is a lot more work then you people think.