Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

More health?

So..

With the extra 150hp from Helmets..

People will have over 400hp..

Thats.. Not good.. :/

No, it will not eb cumulative with the helms or other HP increasing stuff.

Only the 'natural' HP will be affected.

I think that could work out well with the added adjustments you mention. When you mention tactics I do also then think that some form of ranged weapon and skill could also be added (archery) to further increase the tactical aspects of the game. Right now a high level fighter can destroy several other fighters in close combat and even with increased HP that may still be true to some extent, by added ranged attacks that could change quite a bit. The downside may be that many other aspects of game play would also have to be chaged though also such as random damage events, potions and so on. May turn into a huge amount of work and reworking of the current systems I think.

Storm

I do like the sound of this, however it gave me another thought, If you also do this with etherial points, summoners will be able to operate again also...

:) brilliant! would help those of us that can't afford that snazzy new helmet

Guest stalag

i can only agree if coord and other attrib. would also be put in consideration for that raise...

So what u say is better reset and put everything in phy now? to have more hp with the double stuff? not fair to whom have spend the pp not knowing this cuz with this new info some changes would apply in spending the pp.

Edited by stalag

So..

With the extra 150hp from Helmets..

People will have over 400hp..

Thats.. Not good.. :/

Ahh right. :)

I don't see anything wrong then. :lurker:

So those players that have spent all pickpoint in physique will be even more dificult to kill heck yea lets screw the system up even more..... but I think a pp reset should be allowed so that I can put everything in physique also......

Affected, but how then? At first I thought you meant 'just' an increase in MP but then a helmet would just add 150 to it so... I think you mean the 'x 1.5' different than I first thought, but no idea how.

I say keep it the way it is, multiplying everyones health by 1.5 is another way of making our veteran players more powerful and the newbies weaker. Then theres the task of getting the monsters attack and defense levels or amount determined, frankly, im tired of the updates, each one hinders us more and more. How can this make pvp more tactical when ya hindered us with cooldowns? I understand the cooldown on rings, but on food and select potions...CMON! Just gettin pathetic. The game was enjoyable at one point, now with each "addition" it becomes more and more of something unattractable.

If ya add this multiplier, alter the defense of the monster maybe, but not the attack. To make it easier...just dont add it at all. <_<

Edited by Sepultura

...which means...and update downloading...
Actually, changes such as this are server-side, and wouldn't require any downloading.

yes! yesss! please? :)

that would be very very very nice ^_^

and it would indeed make battles a little bit longer and your chances of surviving in pk areas a little higher!

-Kat

I see this idea in combination with adjusting cooldowns. And it could be a good idea imho.

Why do i think its related to the cooldowns?

The last invasion i was participating. Where i got killed by armored gobs (duh!). I got attacked by a group of 4-5 gobs, they nearly killed me, restauration failed as usual in combat, i was out of BR's, so i used a diss ring.

No offense to the gobs, they played fair. After i used the ring, they stopped fighting. But, little green meanies they are, they called some friends. And before i could click on the teleport ring to escape, i was again involved in combat and so i died because i couldnt use the diss ring anymore, because of the cooldown.

For gods sake Kinalor got my bag, but unfortunately followed me to underworld a few minutes later. When i was only some squares away from the place where he was. With my bag............

So, a higher amount of hitpoints would have avoided this very unique situation. Maybe i wouldnt have died, maybe Kinalor would be able to keep my bag.

Other problem in invasions, masses of monsters can kill you, because of the cooldown. You cant heal, because SR's are still cooling down, you cant diss coz the rings are still cooling down.

So a higher amount of healthpoints would change the situation, you dont need to use potions/rings so often.

Well, some thoughts ive got after finding myself down in underworld :-)

Piper

IMHO this idea makes sense ONLY if increase of health is "reciprocal" (i used this term in lack for a good one) to OA, so users with small OA would have bigger increase of health, and users with big OA will have just a few HP increase.

An example: player with OA = 10 would have full increase of 1.5 * players_mp , but player with OA = 100 should imho have increase of 1.5 * players_mp * some_correction_value , so that player will not get total 1.5 * players_mp, but just few HP increase.

Possible scenario:

player1: OA = 10, MP = 40

player2: OA = 80, MP = 140

player1 would get full 1.5 increase, which means he'd end up with 60 MP.

However, player2 is much more experienced, and he IMHO should not end up with 210 MP, but just +20MP (or something similar), so player2 will have 160 MP.

In short, MP increase should be inversely proportional to OA, and only that makes sense to me.

noobs arent gonna be dueling....unless there...well..."noobs" so the newbies wont benefit from the pvp tactical factor nor longevity, however, the change of attack and defense of low level animals such as rats, beavers, deer, etc coudl be less dramatic as those put on monsters, so that the lower levels could last and not die in a sad battle. It woudl be balanced that way, giving both the lvl 60 and the lvl 16 a challenge, and not having a beaver commit over kill on the 16.

Alter low-level mosters less than ya do the stronger ones.

Im warming up to the idea, but still would prefer no change. I know yall will add this anyway, so keep that in mind when testing with the damage and such.

I do like the sound of this, however it gave me another thought, If you also do this with etherial points, summoners will be able to operate again also...

:) brilliant! would help those of us that can't afford that snazzy new helmet

I think that an increase in ethereal points would perhaps be a better move. Summoning has been probably the hardest skill to devise new approaches to after cooldown, and incresed mana would benefit people on the pk field as well, provided they are going in their mana at full capacity.

One drawback of increased health would be how it would affect pvp. Cooldown has not affected pvp much in my view, but incresed health certainly would. If damage were to remain constant, 50% more health would probably allow me to gain an att/def level almost on a daily basis with an evenly matched partner.

On the other hand increased ethereal points may allow that one last restore that saves u (or dooms your opponent) on the pk field, and working on magic leveling (which i have abandoned because it is frustrating now) may be a bit more feasable.

Oh, hey, I'm a deer!

Edited by anthropologist

I was starting to fight Cyclops some time ago, but atm they are too strong for me, so I returned to Ogres only. Maybe with this extra health I would be able to fight some Cyclops, so, personally, I would welcome such a change :blink:

personally, I'd like more than 1.5x... but yes, I'd like this. the fights are too short and especially for those with a higher ping, there's not much chance to use strategy

P.S. We might have to adjust the damage of the animals though, since we want this feature mainly for PvP not for easier killing the monsters.

why? just increase their health the same way. the fight is longer, but the match-up is the same

I see this idea in combination with adjusting cooldowns. And it could be a good idea imho.

...sooo... this increased health is because of a fighting problem introduced by cooldown - and cooldown was started because of a market imbalance - and the market imbalance happened because... :blink:

why? just increase their health the same way. the fight is longer, but the match-up is the same

I agree with ttl, just multiply their health by the same factor, it would be great that way, maybe even make those battles a bit tactical(specially against bears and such in teh 100s :blink: )

I like the idea, but I don't like the factor used for figuring... I mean, 150% of current health becomes Matter * 7.5 = Material Points. We already know about where the game decides to "drop off" decimals, and just not use them (like where selling veggies at .5gc will give you 0gc for one veggie, but two veggies suddenly gives you that one... (on a similar note, I still find it a bit curious that lupines sell for .42gc, but selling 100 only gets 41gc...) Also does the same with attributes (why getting 11 physique is just as good as 10)).

To make this simple, either the game needs a better way to figure decimals at least for stats, or a factor of increase that doesn't use a decimal... just my opinion here...

That won't happen with the health, as it is in multiples of 2 anyway, right?

It was my understanding that the Cross Attribute "Matter" is multiplied by 5 to get the amount of Material Points. 1.5 * 5 = 7.5, which would cause this problem.

Physique and Will affect Matter (not like I have to tell you this, it is your game; just getting this straight for me) in such a way that (p + w) / 2 = matter. so, a theoretical use of 10 physique and 4 will would amount to 7 matter. 7 * 7.5 = 52.5 material points.

I may be missing something in my figuring, but if what I've thought was right about the consideration of decimals, then in this example, the player would only have 52 MP until they raise thier physique or will by 2... ok, so a loss of .5 isn't that big of a deal really, but it's just something that's always bugged me.

It may not be THAT big of a problem...