Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Used

Need Help! [SOLVED]

:confused: I need help, after the game loads and everything it asks to create a new character. When i try to create a character i click on new character and it freezes right after i click the button, what should i do and can anyone help me. Thank You :confused: Edited by Derin

That is usually pretty easy. Firs find out what kind of video card you have.

On windows you you can probably just right click on the desktop and select properties, and look for diplay drivers.

The you need to locate the manufacturer for that card, I suggest you try google to search for the card.

Once the manufacturer is known, look at the "Graphics problems?" thread that is pinned in this forum and choose the correct link, for your drivers. Follow the instructions carefully on the respective driver page.

EDIT: I merged your two topics

Edited by Derin

That is usually pretty easy. Firs find out what kind of video card you have.

On windows you you can probably just right click on the desktop and select properties, and look for diplay drivers.

The you need to locate the manufacturer for that card, I suggest you try google to search for the card.

Once the manufacturer is known, look at the "Graphics problems?" thread that is pinned in this forum and choose the correct link, for your drivers. Follow the instructions carefully on the respective driver page.

EDIT: I merged your two topics

I tried it and it doesnt say any manufacture. That isnt my problem, its when i try to create a character i click on new characther and it freezes and does nothing. :icon8:

Also i have a quesiton if linux version is faster than windows and how do u install it (need steps).

Edited by Donnie

oat least for me linux is faster than windows, probably grafics driver problems in windows i don't know, don't use it too much, but it's much faster, to install just download, unzip it in to some directory and give el.x86.linux.bin execution permission (that is chmod +x el.x86.linux.bin).

You need to have your graphics card drivers well set. So first try to find out what card you have.

ok, thank you now i might be able to play, im installing linux right now so i should have it down in a little bit. ^_^

ok, thank you now i might be able to play, im installing linux right now so i should have it down in a little bit. ^_^

Good luck then :icon8:

and post here if you still can't play EL.

:icon8: I don't understand why when i click on the create character button it just freezes i installed windows 3 times and everytime it just kept freezeing, can anyone make me a character please post back saying u can. When i look at the error log it always says something like this: No Anim: ./animations/player_slash1.caf and this alot of times: Warning: computing inverse of cingular matrix. Edited by Donnie

:D If anyone would be willing to make a me a character plz repost or get to me on my email at, EnglandDH3@bellsouth.net, Thank you. :) :axeman_rune:

If you have Bellsoth Canada as your internet service provider you have a ISP ban. This means that your entire ISP is banned, and to be able to play you need to post in the whitelist thread in the BANS section of these forums.

Here is the link:

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=20179

I don't know why i can't even create a character because when i click on the button nothing happens it just highlights is and freezes but i can still exit and everything i just cant create a character. :D

Did you try to redownload the game?

Also, what CPU do you have?

ya i redownloaded 3 times today, i have Windows 2000 on a dell.

Edited by Donnie

I got a question about downloading linux version, how do u unzip it, never really figured out how to do it. :blink:

I got a question about downloading linux version, how do u unzip it, never really figured out how to do it. :blink:

erm... depends what you have installed.

`unzip zipfile.zip` or use the archiver with your desktop environment (ark for KDE, or whatever else you have)

erm... depends what you have installed.

`unzip zipfile.zip` or use the archiver with your desktop environment (ark for KDE, or whatever else you have)

What about WinRAR ZIP archive, is that the same thing (I'm not that big on computer so i dont understand some stuff). :)

What about WinRAR ZIP archive, is that the same thing (I'm not that big on computer so i dont understand some stuff). :blink:

erm. if it's a .rar then you use `unrar` or your archive manager

What about WinRAR ZIP archive, is that the same thing (I'm not that big on computer so i dont understand some stuff). :blink:

erm. if it's a .rar then you use `unrar` or your archive manager

Okay i have that thank you for the help. :)

Read this topic carefully and post what we need to know (see post #2 in the troubleshooting thread)

Link: http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=18846

:( I don't know how to do that but it always says this:

Vertex Arrays enabled (memory hog on!)...

Window size adjusted to 780x550

Hmm... This mode seems to fall back in software 'acceleration'.

Trying to disable the stencil buffer.

Hmm... No luck without a stencil buffer either...

Let's try one more thing...

Damn, it seems that you are out of luck, we are in the software mode now, so the game will be veeeeery slow. If you DO have a 3D accelerated card, try to update your OpenGl drivers...

Couldn't find the GL_ARB_multitexture extension, giving up clouds shadows, and texture detail...

Couldn't find the GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array extension, not using it...

Couldn't find the GL_*_point_sprite extension, not using it...

Couldn't find the GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap extension, not using it...

Shadowmapping disabled (need newer hardware)

Connecting to Server...

Hi, and welcome to Eternal Lands! If you're new to the game and need help, please read the newbie helper guides on the main website. If you would rather learn by doing, talk to the Tutorial NPC, which is at the start point. In addition to that, you can type #help_me and your question to get a live response if there are helpers online. Click on the screen to continue!

To customize your character and select name/password, press the buttons at the bottom. I even tried to get a name on the whitelist (havent got posted back yet). I have bellsouth but i dont know if it is Canada becuase i live in Flordia. :)

Edited by Donnie

Ouch. You *really* need to update your drivers.

Warning: computing inverse of cingular matrix.

This means that it's trying to find the inverse of a matrix whose detriment is 0. It's a "divide by 0" error, but it shouldn't happen, beacuse it shouldn't divide by 0. I think this happens during map load, maybe someone more familiar with the code can help.

You can't tell who made your video card? Right click "My Computer", go to "Properties", then click on the "hardware" tab, click on "Device Manager". Then click the "[+]" next to "Display Adapters". There should be only one thing under there, post that here, please.

Btw, you should set your siggy's "white" to #eef2f7, it'll blend in with the "light" rows on the forums.

Edited by freeone3000

Ouch. You *really* need to update your drivers.

Warning: computing inverse of cingular matrix.

This means that it's trying to find the inverse of a matrix whose detriment is 0. It's a "divide by 0" error, but it shouldn't happen, beacuse it shouldn't divide by 0. I think this happens during map load, maybe someone more familiar with the code can help.

You can't tell who made your video card? Right click "My Computer", go to "Properties", then click on the "hardware" tab, click on "Device Manager". Then click the "[+]" next to "Display Adapters". There should be only one thing under there, post that here, please.

Btw, you should set your siggy's "white" to #eef2f7, it'll blend in with the "light" rows on the forums.

ok thanks for the tips. Can't fix my computer because i need my dads help (not big on computers) he can help me update everything because he travels alot so i never see him. I think my video card is a Intel Corporation 810 Graphics Controller Hub.

Edited by Donnie

What's the result of:

Right click "My Computer", go to "Properties", then click on the "hardware" tab, click on "Device Manager". Then click the "[+]" next to "Display Adapters". There should be only one thing under there, post that here, please.

What's the result of:

Right click "My Computer", go to "Properties", then click on the "hardware" tab, click on "Device Manager". Then click the "[+]" next to "Display Adapters". There should be only one thing under there, post that here, please.

Intel Corporation 810 Graphics Controller Hub :(