Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sMooMs

First step

I keep privacy off.

1 - I keep my buddy list available only to people in my guild and simply tell people when they ask.

2 - I wish I could say I was proud of my stats... but if you've ever looked at them you'd have a good laugh. Still, they are mine and I don't mind if anyone ever looks at them... even if it is for the purpose of entertainment.

it's so boring looking at the top 50, sometimes i think, why is there a top 50 if nothing too see?

I couldn't agree more. I'm at work right now, but when I get home tonight I will #set_privacy off

I've never used privacy, I'm too proud of what I have done, and it pisses me off to no end when I want to see how far I have to go for tops lists, but everybody has it blocked...

Got privacy on, if u want 2 know my stats just ask me in-game and i'll tell u.

This is not directed at you Entris, but not everyone in the game is honest about their stats when you ask them. I wanted to fight AttackingGod (benhe). Was pming him and we were both discussing stats, I asked him his stats and he told me "I dunno, but I got noob stats." I knew he was lower than me in a/d but it was his p/c I was worried about.

I keep privacy off.

1 - I keep my buddy list available only to people in my guild and simply tell people when they ask.

2 - I wish I could say I was proud of my stats... but if you've ever looked at them you'd have a good laugh. Still, they are mine and I don't mind if anyone ever looks at them... even if it is for the purpose of entertainment.

1-yay for me!

2-says the person who has one of the highest crafting levels...

but on topic....

I never really used privacy, pretty much becauseI dont really care if people look at my stats. If someone starts bothering me about something, I will just #ignore, simple as that. It might be the fact that I have only had someone ask to be on my buddy list who I didnt really know (i.e. because I could make useful items). Personally, I think that #ignore works just fine, it can be used on a player by player basis, rather than just blocking everyone.

It's not only the top 50 players i'm asking everyone!!

*NOTE* You dont have too!

But.. I'm trying to get is slowly back to normal like it used to be..

Mine are off...Then again, they never went on. No reason to hide my stats, They are what they are.

I never turned my privacy on, but to each their own, IMHO. I really don't care about stats, but of course, I don't PK.

You all have to remember, not everybody has their privacy on because of pking or because they want to hide their stats.

You all have to remember, not everybody has their privacy on because of pking or because they want to hide their stats.

no, but hiding stats is probably the most common reason

Hiding ur stats...are u ashamed of them??

i am... i keep privacy on :icon13:

lawl! :icon13:

Only cause you reset RR :)

I too have turned privacy off..

Why would people want to hide something that they have worked for? Showing your stats, shows what you have done or acheived in the game. :icon13:

Nothing wrong with being proud, is there? :icon13:

Edited by WoodeH

Guest Enyo

Hey all ,

I took the first step i took my privacy off!!

Shouldnt we all be proud of our stats? and show them?

I think we should be proud!

I hope more people will follow and take it OFF as well!

I want to get rid of the privacy it's so boring looking at the top 50, sometimes i think, why is there a top 50 if nothing too see?

Bravo for you that you had the freedom and CHOICE to remove privacy since that was what you wanted. Bravo also for those who choose to have it on as it is also THEIR freedom to choose. The whole point is that it is a choice for all and not a dictatorship. We can each "choose" to have privacy on or off so please don't say that you want to get rid of it because that shows your lack of concern/respect for the rights of others who choose to have it on.

Edited by Enyo

WTF is this all about.. "Dictatorship" i never said YOU HAVE TOO did i ?

If i did please show me :)

Guest Enyo

It's not only the top 50 players i'm asking everyone!!

*NOTE* You dont have too!

But.. I'm trying to get is slowly back to normal like it used to be..

Normal? lol.. that word is an engima in a game like EL which is still in Beta. Its more exciting this way.. the new "normal".. its also giving everyone a right to choose if they want to disclose their stats or not. Its better this way.

I gues someone missed the *NOTE* thingy.

W/E Enough posting in this topic, it was a nice clean topic would like to keep it that way.

Cya.

Guest Enyo

WTF is this all about.. "Dictatorship" i never said YOU HAVE TOO did i ?

If i did please show me :)

Did I say that you did? Show me if I did? lol.. But what you want is to take the right of choice away from people and that is a form of dictatorship. I'm simply expressing my humble opinion like everyone else. Its called freedom of speech, much like freedom of choice.

I gues someone missed the *NOTE* thingy.

W/E Enough posting in this topic, it was a nice clean topic would like to keep it that way.

Cya.

So, its not clean now because I'm posting and have a difference of opinion from yours? hahaha.. Ciao.

Yes, i made another post, that's because i saw you got your privacy off atm.

So how come you have a differend opinion from mine? LOL?

lol.. But what you want is to take the right of choice away from people and that is a form of dictatorship.

How is he taking the right of choice away? rofl, it isn't like he has made it so u can't turn privacy off anymore, he's just "suggested" something.

You're back 2 days and already you're posting bs... wow welcome back enyo

Edited by Logger

Guest Enyo
lol.. But what you want is to take the right of choice away from people and that is a form of dictatorship.

How is he taking the right of choice away? rofl, it isn't like he has made it so u can't turn privacy off anymore, he's just "suggested" something.

You're back 2 days and already you're posting bs... wow welcome back enyo

Hey, thanks for the sweet "welcome back" .. it feels GREAT to be here!! And to answer your question.. try reading my response to Smooms. Its in English so you should be able to understand since you are from the UK, lol. As for BS, since when did expressing one's opinion equate to BS? lol ...

Yes, i made another post, that's because i saw you got your privacy off atm.

So how come you have a differend opinion from mine? LOL?

hahaha .. do I really NEED to explain myself to YOU ??? I don't think so. But, I've already explained WHY I have a difference of opinion and this has ALWAYS been my opinion since the onset of the whole privacy issues. My opinion has not wavered.

#set_privacy on

... but that is only to block the annoying buddy requests.

well learner what do you expect? being friends with you puts you safe from teh evul ant army hehehe

other then that i don't know about putting privacy off really.. altho since i quit pking mostly because it isn't anymore how i liked it i don't see any reason to hide, i'll think about taking it off but anyway if you wanna know any of my stats just ask it, i won't lie. but i'll keep my a/d p/c secret unless i take privacy off.