Eternal Lands Official Forums
Tropicano

Various graphical bugs.

okay... ive had some problems with this and that for a long time now.. but there are still a few things i havent been able to sort out.. I dont know why they happen or what they mean. Was hoping you guys could help me with that :D

First off: I cant use shadow mapping. It drops my FPS from 90'ish to 1-2(max). No idea why.. The shadows looks just fine whisle its activated, but they result in bloody low fps.

secondly: I get alot of flicker with textures and elevated areas, look at these two screenshots:

http://www.walldie.se/EL/elbug.jpg

http://www.walldie.se/EL/elbug2.jpg

it loks like that and then it flickers on and off... I also experience flickers on roads and ground tiles.. All of these bugs started to show when i changed graphic card from an 9600pro to a x800xt. Forget the drivers, ive tried numerous of different versions, the problem does not lie in them. And im not experiencing flicker in any other games. The GPU rarely reaches above 65c, wich is normal..

system:

Amd Athlon 2800+

1gb DDR 3200

x800xt

everything running at stock speed.

A lot of peepz have flickering floors, like me, but it is caused by the drivers of ATI (I think it is) because before I updated to the last drivers of ATI it wasn't flickering, but since I use them it flickers all the time :D

that flicker bug looks the ATI bug thats been reported before.

ill add -DATI_9200_FIX to the zep.tfm.ro clients, check the site tommorow and try it, Maybe that'll fix that issue.

ill add -DATI_9200_FIX to the zep.tfm.ro clients, check the site tommorow and try it, Maybe that'll fix that issue.

A fix like that should be a run time option, not a compile time option.

A fix like that should be a run time option, not a compile time option.

Please change it by all means, either way, those clients are only ever going to be pure cvs.

Edited by Zep