Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Thawn

Comp freezes?

you have a memory leak .

:P if you're right that'd be a pretty nifty diagnosis...

thrawn, how long does it take to happen?

has this always happened? if not, when did it start? what changes were made to your computer around that time?

anything of interest in your error log (C:\Program Files\Eternal Lands\error_log.txt)?

are your graphics drivers new?

It depends its happened alot in the tavern when my FPS gets close too 200+ I figure its just murdering the inside of my comp when the FPS gets that high, it happened alot till i put the FPD block on 100, it hasnt happened sense, IM hoping thats it.

Other then that, Everything is updated and brand new i believe the game was overclockin my processor lol

yeah, sounds like an overheating problem. most people won't notice much difference between 50 and 500 FPS, so using the limiter should be fine

It depends its happened alot in the tavern when my FPS gets close too 200+ I figure its just murdering the inside of my comp when the FPS gets that high, it happened alot till i put the FPD block on 100, it hasnt happened sense, IM hoping thats it.

Other then that, Everything is updated and brand new i believe the game was overclockin my processor lol

Limiting FPS is a good thing if you have a very fast computer. I think you can go to less that 100 though. I would try something like 50 if I were you. Just to be on the safe side.

And regarding drivers and such just double check that you have the latest Catalyst drivers for your computer's graphics card. Even if the computer is brand new, it doesn't have to mean that you have the latest drivers.

Guest draconis

Limiting FPS is a good thing if you have a very fast computer. I think you can go to less that 100 though. I would try something like 50 if I were you. Just to be on the safe side.

And regarding drivers and such just double check that you have the latest Catalyst drivers for your computer's graphics card. Even if the computer is brand new, it doesn't have to mean that you have the latest drivers.

Hey, I'm trying to get the game started up. I'm allowed to create a new character however after about 10 seconds the entire computer freezes regardless that I don't actually do anything. It seems like the same problem, but I have no idea how to get to the FPD to slow down the frames before the game crashes.

I'm running a

pentium 4 2.9 ghz

512 MB RAM

WINDOWS XP

ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9700

FPS above 30 is already more than a normal eye can see IMHO. I limit the FPS always on 15 (since I tend to have a lot of other apps / compiling business open in the background)

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this