Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
scarr

Equip level requirment

i think equip should have some level requirment,

xx attack level needed to hold a xxxxxx

xx defend level needed to wear a xxxxxx

this way noobs with 3a/d dont wear serp, i think its weird

and there will be less Equipment ingame wihch make it expensiver i think ?

now evry1 have same equip, and its boring, makes other weapons quite usuless

also i think we need more diff weapons on the same level

like a weapon simlair to a serp but maby with less damage and more acuration , so u have to choose a weapon insted of buying the best one from the market

evryone look the same, its so boring

Edited by scarr

i think equip should have some level requirment,

xx attack level needed to hold a xxxxxx

xx defend level needed to wear a xxxxxx

this way noobs with 3a/d dont wear serp, i think its weird

and there will be less Equipment ingame wihch make it expensiver i think ?

yes yes yes!

I've said this sooo many times myself! (no this isn't a "you should have searched" comment :P )

It gives lower level players a goal to shoot for, it gives higher level players pride in accomplishment, and it just makes sense.

I agree, there is nothing so silly as a newbie wearing plate to fight deer. :D

yer only problem is magic weapons. people bought them and cant use it then if to low lvl

serp would need like 75-80 att :P

yer only problem is magic weapons. people bought them and cant use it then if to low lvl

serp would need like 75-80 att :D

Hmmm how many people buy them and actually use them? The only people I've seen actually use them (and I could be very well mistaken since I don't pk and avoid pk maps like the plague) is higher level players anyway.

How would this have less equipment in game and raise prices? I see it as lowering the demand some for the highest level equipment (lowering their prices if anything). It would increase the demand for med level equipment, but not enough to affect the prices since so many people can make them.

people wont make/buy what they dont need

K maby it doesnt effect much in to economy, but i realy think there should be a lvl requirment

Edited by scarr

yea i think this a good idea because when you see somebody with full plate its like meaningless, they could have bought it from the el store it doesn't mean they r good. if u make it like you need 50 defense to wear plate than if you see ppl in plate you will actually know they r skizzled :D

Edited by TheDoctor

I agree on this idea, it should be inplented ages ago.

When a noob create character and he play for a week he will find out so quick a serpent is the best weapon, he wil harv flowers and sell to get the sword, people dont care about other swords.

Because having a steel two edged is so not cool right?

You also see people with 20 a/d in full plate serp and mirror cloak standing at votd pretending to be a very rich and pro player ( show-off ).

People will train hard because they really want to be able to use a better weapon/armor.

omg, pinch me...I agree with scarr...I was on IP just this morning collecting bunny furs (don't ask) and some guy with 25 health (checked stats and he had like 6/6 a/d) he was killing bunnies with a serp and in full plate..was just so funny..

I don't have really high stats, I do own a plate or two...but only used for formal reason's (weddings, aliance meetings) I just don't feel like I have a need to wear it....yet ;)

lol is it so bad u have to agree with me ?

It just surprises people is all :P

I like the idea as well, don't think the restriction should be based solely on a/d stats. The criteria suggusted here would exclude someonme like Lochnesslobster from wearing plate :) . perhaps some sort of overall criteria

Edited by anthropologist

the problem is, how much less demand would there be for replacement parts if people can no longer use stuff waaay below their level? as I understand it, this is (one of) Entropy's obections to required levels.

other than that I'd vastly prefer it... and in the long run so would the newbs who break their plate fighting rabbits and can't afford to replace it.

personally, apart from sales, it wouldn't affect me... I still use steel chain and I fight trolls & ogres... with 100 SRs and no cooldown I would even be able to take out the toughened clopsen :(

i totally agree with this idea. It is very realistic because you need "practice" to get better at using weapons in real life so why not have level requirements for weapons in game :P that way you could also see if someones wearing a serp then stay away from then coz chance are they are at a certain level to wear it.

this sugegstion has been talked about lots in pk maps and when epople are training im glad scarr put it on the forums :hug:

Sounds like a grand plan to me. People should have to work for and earn what weapons and armour they wear.

the problem is, how much less demand would there be for replacement parts if people can no longer use stuff waaay below their level? as I understand it, this is (one of) Entropy's obections to required levels.

What do you mean they can't use smaller stuff.. If you can use a full plate and tit serp, surely you can use leather and a iron sword?

What do you mean they can't use smaller stuff.. If you can use a full plate and tit serp, surely you can use leather and a iron sword?

if you save up for a few weeks, buy plate, and are using it waaay below the appropriate level... it's more likely to break (as I understand it). hence there's more market for replacement equipment. if you require people to be sensible about what they buy, less breakages, less replacements (but regular upgrades)

Edited by ttlanhil

I've been saying this very suggestion for a very long time.

Don't think its gonna happen though :-\

quite a few people have been pushing for this for a long time without much luck :)

Edited by ttlanhil

quite a few people have been pushing for this for a long time without much luck :(

yup, ive suggested this before to was like a year ago or so. maybe ent should consider it again since a lot of ppl actually would prefer this. ok ok i know its ent who decideds and he well they say he doesn't listen to us but somewhere i think he does and if you ask me he knows as well as we do that theres a reason for ppl who keep asking for this option... just one simple question and i would like entropy to explain why... tell me in detail WHY you did not choose to have this function? maybe if you give good arguments players will agree on it and MAYBE they will stop asking :P

Hype

P.S he prolly doesn't have time for this but hey its worth the try :P

Dare I ask!? Yep. Why will it not happen? I have been all for it for some time. I think if we were to make a poll greater than 3/4ths of EL would want this to go into place. of course they will complain about the level limits but thats just complaining and it can be dealt with.

::Crosses his fingers in hope.

I am not high level at all, but I think when setting requirements for armor/weapons/amulets and the like we need to take into account that more and stronger items are going to be added later, so Iron Plate armour will not be the highest setting. Perhaps Titanium plate would be the highest whenever it is/might be created.