Eternal Lands Official Forums
lorddeath202

I am a mystery shopper.

beware !!!!!

today i made $100 doing a mystery shopper location.

The store was not compliant .

The store had 100 not compliants on the location.

the store was dusty , smelly , and the cashier was not in uniform so i had to take a lot of points off for it.

Best job i ever took .

:(:D:)

any one work in mystery shopper ?

Im a student and thats kinda of a low paying job....(As a student)

But when im going to my local grocery store ill ask them is they are darklord202.

Edited by sparhawk

I used to work for a bank...I've done it and had it done to me. Lol the bank I was at mostly had regular customers, so a mystery shopper was very easy to spot for us.

It is pretty fun, I do agree. :whistle: Although I tended to be more lenient, since I have been on the other side of the counter as well! :sneaky:

My two pet peeves: When somebody didn't greet me right away (I wasn't picky HOW, as long as they acknowledged my existance and that they would help me as soon as possible), and gum chewing (it is soooooo unprofessional to look like a cow chewing her cud)...

I used to (until fairly recently) work for a government department in their training team, keeping the staff up to data with new technology, laws etc. I was quite often seconded to do mystery shopper roles as my experience made me a perfect candidate ('who doesn't know what they are talking about?')

I found mystery shopper to be an eyeopener into the human psyche, and I never understood why people would give answers that were illogical, misinformed and at times downright lies ('I am a new member of staff and I am unable to answer your query') - that from someone who had been in the department for 12 years!

The best fact of all was that people knew when a mystery shopper would call (it was told in team meetings so everybody knew), and that the questions were any one from a set of three possibles, that had the questions - and the correct answers - written in marker pen on a board clearly visible to everyone in the office.

Mystery shoppers? Maybe it should be called "how to be lied to by a government official when you both know the truth"

I never saw anyone have anything negative happen to them no matter what the outcome, it was always "oh well, try harder next time" if anything at all.

I can't say which department I worked for, but I knew more than the office manager about the role within the first two weeks (I was actually given a warning to stop asking the Manager questions because she felt too intimidated to tell me she didn't know the answers) - I went to her because I believed that if one person in the entire organisation *should* know it would be the management.

I've done a couple of mystery shops in my time. The last one I nailed them. It was a gas station, the kind which has a kiosk for the cashier to sit in, and customers pay at the window. There was one person standing at the employees door to the kiosk halfway in and out talking to the cashier (she appeared to be a friend of the cashier or an off duty employee) and she was smoking a cigarette, which is a big no-no, as the closest fuel pump is only about 10 feet away (or about 3 meters, I guess for the metric world), well under the safe distance. The cashier was not wearing the proper vest or nametag, but the big deal was the smoking.