Eternal Lands Official Forums
bkc56

New harvest events

Radon packets do 35 damage with plate, cuisses, and greaves. A moon med really helps with the walls

I don't know, I almost never wear armour when I harvest (mostly titanium, sometimes diamonds) and I've been hit from 1 to 38 from walls and events, and the obvious 50 now from radeon or radon or whatever it is supposed to be. I know I was told at some point (by somebody I have every reason to believe knows what he's talking about :doze: )that armour does nothing (not including plate for the radon) for any harvesting events.

radeon or radon

radon. a gas that forms from the decay of uranium. has a half-life of about 3 days, and can be a health hazard if you're exposed to it for a long time (and don't bother mentioning that pockets of radon large enough to kill people in one hit are very unrealistic... nor that people on Draia would have no idea what radon is... most players don't...)

radeon or radon

radon. a gas that forms from the decay of uranium. has a half-life of about 3 days, and can be a health hazard if you're exposed to it for a long time (and don't bother mentioning that pockets of radon large enough to kill people in one hit are very unrealistic... nor that people on Draia would have no idea what radon is... most players don't...)

Bah that's what I thought it was, and that's what I called it until I saw most people call it radeon. That's what I get :doze:

Thanks for the clarification.

After some more testing, wearing cuisses and greaves I hit a radon pouch for 40 again, and walls hit me for 6 and 10.

I took off all armour, a wall hit me for 33.

I soppose than that wearing mirror cape/having mirror perk would have some effect too? :doze:

In regards to blocking cave in damage, I noticed that wearing leather armor, pants, and the boots prevented me from receiving the (estimated) maximum of 37 from cave ins. With the armor on, the highest I ever went was with 31 out of 640,000 harvested silver alone. You can guess how many times I was hit by cave in events in that time. To not hit even 32 or more once was obvious enough hint to me.

As far as radiation damage goes, I'm sure the iron armor could block it (it DOES block radiation damage if you bother to put it on and #armor)

Every time I have been hit by Radon it has been for 50 hits exactly. I do not wear armour when mining (this may have to change...)

My experience (for what it's worth).

Armor does help with falling walls. Wearing TI armor and a helm I can keep the hits from walls <5.

Armor has no effect on Mother getting, umm, upset.

Plate/cuisses/greaves each have a +1 radiation protection. From what I've seen and what others have reported, each piece will cut the hit by 5 points. So wear all three you you'll take a 35 hit instead of 50. Of course they weigh a lot which cuts into your harvest load. But that's the trade off.

One other thing I've noticed, these radon pouches are WAY more frequent than other harvesting events. Something that painful should be at the same rate as serp/rost stones. But I'd say 1/4 to 1/3 of my harvesting events (in the TI mine) are these 50 point hits. That seems to high.

I haven't harvested anything with pickaxe since I've read this thread, because my max hp is only 50.

The last couple of days I've been harvesting sulphur (for FE), because I thought that wearing gloves to pick the sulphur you can't hit the radon pouch.

Now a guildmate tells me he got hit by the radon while harvesting suplhur.

Is this a bug or is this supposed to be so.

(if so it means I can only harvest flowers and food from now on) :)

Here's my experience -

Mother Nature - random hit, as high as 20. Armor cannot mitigate the impact.

Bees - about the same as Mother Nature event, but only on flowers.

Cave Walls - random hit, they can do up to about 40, but armor does (at least seem to) mitigate the damage. Wearing just a moon med, the highest to hit me was about 24, and wearing steel chain and shield, iron helm, leather boots and pants, and a moon med, damage is usually around or under 10, quite often hitting for less than 5.

Radon Pouch - straight 50 shot, no randomization. Plate armors offer some mitigation - 5 points per piece.

Also, another thing noticed - out of 10 events at the diamonds (WS Diamond Mine), it's not uncommon to see 4-5 radon events.

So, I read that there was a new update today and the Radon damage is lowered.

Anybody know for how much it hits now?

So, I read that there was a new update today and the Radon damage is lowered.

Anybody know for how much it hits now?

so with full plate it's probably not that big an issue :)

ok. ty

Another question:

I was just harvesting lilacs and it went slowly (as slow as harvesting vegs).

Is it just me or was it made slower?