Eternal Lands Official Forums
bkc56

New harvest events

After the update, I was harvesting TI and I got the following harvesting event:

While harvesting, bkc56 upset a radon pouch, and was hit for 50 points of radiation damage.

So it looks like we have some new events in the game (cool).

The above hurt, but wasn't fatal. But it makes me wonder just how high radiation damage can go. Falling walls usually were in the low 30's max. Where does radiation damage top out?

It also makes me wonder what other new events have been added in harvesting. I hope there's a new good event to go with this new bad event.

When the radon pouch was first introduced it was always 50 points. I suspect that will be the case now - I'll be doing enough harvesting to check . . .

neeeeeeeeat!!!!!but...im yet to see positivety from da update,i dont want to be radaited BURN THE GREEN FROGS :D

When the radon pouch was first introduced it was always 50 points. I suspect that will be the case now - I'll be doing enough harvesting to check . . .

I thought it hit on diamonds for 60.

That's not new, it's just a very old event thatw as disabled. I will revise it a little bit, didn't know it will affect so many people so badly.

So far in a couple of hours mining silver hit 4 radon pouches for 50 damage each.Healing more.No big deal as i'm getting mage exp.Did see 1 guy die(kept mining with 14 hit pts.)

Wall collapses about 7 (20-32 damage),

Broke maybe 10 picks.

3 teleport nexus.

Found 4 bags of gold (4-16 gc). 1 rostogol stone (my favorite item for invasions.ty devs).

last night, was mining diamonds - found a radon pouch after a couple other events. Out of 90 MP, I was down around 20. My health climbed back up to 50 (with help of FR cape), and then I hit another pouch.

Need some way to mitigate Radiation damage...

I got two 50 radiation damage yet

7 here, 3 of which in less than a minute...left me with 8HPs... :)

Edit: 12 radeon pouches meanwhile :icon13:

Edited by Soldus

I've only gotten one radiation damage (50 hp loss mining titanium ore) since the update up to this point.

Edit: :icon13: LOL in the 5 minutes since I posted this, I got hit twice with radon pouches! (both 50 again from titanium)....is that freaky or what?!

that the RNG (Random Number Generator) for you.

some of these posts kinda remind em of similar talk on both roguelike newsgroups and other mmorpg forums.

some people run into trouble after trouble in a roguelike while others go from rare treasure to rare treasure.

and on mmoprgs some people can kill monster after monster and never find the random loot they are after, and the next person can kill 10 and find 10 of the same item...

0ctane suggested in the cooldown post (of all places) to implement somehting like a geiger counter for these radiation pouches. I propose something similar: an amulet or medallion that has radiation protection, instead of having to wear plate armor. Or maybe a gasmask so you do not breath the radon in? A low level anti-radiation spell? There should be at least something a lower level character can do/possess to reduce this.

Edited by Drakos7

Sue me Drakos7. I will hunt you down. It was a long post.

But more seriously, maybe a new potion or spell that uses, say, those earth/air essences. Or black roses or some other unused harvestable item. Like a prophylactic shot, or like the shield spell. Something to reduce that insane damage. I got hit once last night, and three others around me got hit in about an hour.

Oooo... Maybe a lead cape! Then you have to choose between the excavator cape or it. Hmmm.... doing cost-benefit analysis.... OOOooo, and the cape could have a superman logo on it! JK

(edited for superman comment)

Edited by 0ctane

143 damage in one mining session (2 radon pouches + some walls) .... this seems a bit excessive. :) Can't be that uncommon either as I heard the_antiroot say last night that he'd had 160 too.

I did get 640 harvesting bonus though (mind you with diamonds, that's only 11 freebies).

Can anyone confirm whether the max damage from Radon Pouch goes over 50 for diamonds or any other mining?

If you've got a fairly large EMU, and the nexus to wear cuisses and greaves, possibly even an iron plate too, you'll reduce the damage from radon and walls (unless walls were reduced anyway?).

Wearing just cuisses and greaves I hit a radon pouch for 40 damage, and walls were in the single numbers, first was 3, then 9, although I did get a 19 a bit later on. You could probably get 30-35 from radon if you wore a plate too.

I thought armor didn't protect against harvest events that cause damage. It helps against radiation?

Dave

That's what I thought too, armor doesn't help you any from harvest damage... O.o

Radiation I have no idea, I haven't had any radon hit me enough to justify worrying about it.

Hmm, well I'll test it some more today, with and without armour, but I've never had walls hit me for less than 15 damage before.. maybe they just put more range on it, 1-35 rather than 15-35 for example.

Off for more testing... :pickaxe_rune:

That's what I thought too, armor doesn't help you any from harvest damage... O.o

Radiation I have no idea, I haven't had any radon hit me enough to justify worrying about it.

Armour really does help against walls (not Mother Nature though). This one again, mining rubies while armoured:

cavern7bm.gif

I haven't tried plate against radiation yet :doze:

Armour really does help against walls (not Mother Nature though). This one again, mining rubies while armoured:

I haven't tried plate against radiation yet :doze:

But how do you KNOW it helped and you wouldn't have gotten hit for just 1 anyway? O.o

But how do you KNOW it helped and you wouldn't have gotten hit for just 1 anyway? O.o

True, i can't be 100 % sure, but this was the only time I was only hit for 1 mp and the only time I harvested armoured like that :doze: