Sign in to follow this  
Guest dna

The Cooldown Bitch Thread

Guest dna

See how long this thread lasts.

Viva Free Speech!!!

Edited by dna

He just got suspended for 800 days.

The thread will remain, feel free to voice your oppinion. However, by doing so you understand our reluctance to have you among us.

its always interesting to see people bitch about something.. but seriously.. if you dont like an update, try to adapt to it, i adapted nicely simply because all i do is eat a veggie and read :D

Posts like dna's is also incorporated to the cooldown system.

Freedom of speech have a 800 day long cooldown.

Edited by Derin

Just chill people, things will work out alright in the end. I know you're thinking more delays, but actually we're planning a change of the manu system to have similiar delays as in the old days; this is only a part of our plan for overall improving the game and balancing the different skills.

Currently manufacturing, alch, crafting, etc. have a huge disadvantage over fighters since there are extreme delays - this along with addition of many new items etc. will overall create a LOT better and more balanced game.

Edited by Wytter

i admit i was mad i at first,but within time i realized this is actually going to become a good thing people just need to get over it,the game has never been easy as 1,2,3 but eventually this will balance it out...i think.

not whining just stating that

Well considering there used to be no food or anything in the game when I played, just chat, I'm not really picky on updates, do what you want, I won't mind :D

*Pulls EL CD out of computer, grabs box, manuals, and warranty cards and burns them.*

Oh wait! There was no CD or product box. I downloaded this BETA game of of the internet for free! Oh, and its a beta test, so that means different things are tried and somethings are kept and some are tossed out. Like them or hate them, I'll just cope and move on.

If people want a game to moan about, check out some of the Message Boards about Star Wars Galaxies. Those are folks who paid for the software, as well as a monthly fee to play. :D:)

Edited by Winston

will the cooldown times get edited?

Some tweaking is inveitable, but not until after some testing. There is no point is tarting to tweak a system that we know so little about (effect-wise). So give it some time and test test test. :D

Start >> Control Panel >> Add/Remove >> Eternal Ladns >> Uninstall.

And waiting until the things get better.

No play, no pain, no bitching.

Oooh! ooooh! Someone knows the meaning of perseverance then. :D

Start >> Control Panel >> Add/Remove >> Eternal Ladns >> Uninstall.

And waiting until the things get better.

No play, no pain, no bitching.

Just.. one minor thing..

You can't un-install EL that way..

You gotta go to EL folder and use the un-install program..

So GL trying to do that.. :icon13:

ust.. one minor thing..

You can't un-install EL that way..

You gotta go to EL folder and use the un-install program..

So GL trying to do that.

Whatever :icon13:

ok, why did you do it? it thought your amount of players was growing, why change anything in the game? :doze::blink:

Changes can result in even more players. Also some changes are needed to make the game more fair/playable.

Changes can result in even more players. Also some changes are needed to make the game more fair/playable

Adding cooldown system didn't make the game more playable... and I think, some players, especially the youngest one, can leave the game after that... I am already addicted to EL, so I can't stop playing just like that... ;P

Before cooldown making items needed a lot of time and work, reaching high levels was tough, and each update makes things more and more harder, but the last one, should be awarded with gold medal... :| When EL reality becomes as though as the real life, no one will be willing to play... or play fair...

Edited by BloodSucker

ok, why did you do it? it thought your amount of players was growing, why change anything in the game? :doze::blink:

As I understand the reason why Teh God has created our World, was to make people from all over the rl worl to work, play and excist together in a fantasy based World.

Without difference of race, age or background.

Most of us understand the laws of cooperation or working together, some still dont, and some never will.

Still, if I understand corectly, that was the intention of Eternal Lands being created.

Now..we have been through many changes here. We had the introduction of pickpoints, the chnage of server to go with that and te item wipe. And what to think of the manu delay, the harvest damaging?

Many have bitched about that but now..some even left...but its accepted by all of us here.

Why? because te newcomers dont know any better and the old gang decided it was worth a try.

We, humans, elves and dwarves (and draegonies, orchans and gnomes) have the habbit of fearing anything new and unknown, its in our nature. Nothing wrong with that, but fearing the unknown is solutionable.

Get to know the unknown..deal with it, make a way to live with it.

And here we come to the point of cooperation again; talk to eachother, ask advice, speak your opinion, share your thoughts..in a civil constructive way.

Its working together guys..remember? the essence to this game, the intention of our World!

Dont get me wrong, Im not saying its easy, cause its not, but same as with all other adjustments and changes..we will find a way to deal with it, as long as we keep a civil conversation open.

Nobody is getting anywhere by bitching and treatning to leave..this World WILL continue spinning...even without you..there will always be newcomers to roam these Lands.

Do I like this cooldown thing? No, I dont, but in given time, Im sure the bad things will be tuned and if not or for the rest; I will find a way to deal with it, same as I have to deal with bad things inlife.

You know why? Because life is NOT a bed of roses, and things like this keep you alert, keep you on your toes.

Dont expect life being handed to you on a silver platter, you have to earn all you want..

A wise man keeps telling me..over and over again..we live and learn J., we live and learn...

*hugs*

Jez

edit: with a full apologee, I added Orchans, lol :)

Edited by Jezebelle

Okay, now I am mad. Here is why...

We, humans, elves and dwarves (and draegonies and gnomes) have the habbit of fearing anything new and unknown, its in our nature.

What about us Orchans??? We may be fanged, but we too are part of the EL community!!!!!!!!!

Its working together guys..remember? the essence to this game, the intention of our World!

Lol, after cooldown all my guild mates, including me, stopped to help each other... potioners don't make potions for cheap prices (for guild members), I closed my store with HE's for silver ore only. Earlier I colud make 10k, 20k, 30k HE's just for 2 silver ores each. And that was price only in guild. Everybody finishing orders tooked before cooldown, and nobody takes new one. It need to more time now. And prices didn't rise up, we just stopped making new items. In-guild orders was taken not for money, not for gold, they was used to gain exp and to help others. And that's was the essence to being in a guild. What's left to us? Whitch profits we gain after joining a guild? It seems military only, because no one is willing to help us no more. And that's a waste.

Cooldown isn't a way to develop team work, in my opinion.

Everyone need to calm down, This is only the first step so there will be many disadvantage take a break from EL trianing skills or keep cheking with forums. or just harvest. EL is improving so some advantage must be taking away in the mean time.

Lol, after cooldown all my guild mates, including me, stopped to help each other... potioners don't make potions for cheap prices (for guild members), I closed my store with HE's for silver ore only. Earlier I colud make 10k, 20k, 30k HE's just for 2 silver ores each. And that was price only in guild. Everybody finishing orders tooked before cooldown, and nobody takes new one. It need to more time now. And prices didn't rise up, we just stopped making new items. In-guild orders was taken not for money, not for gold, they was used to gain exp and to help others. And that's was the essence to being in a guild. What's left to us? Whitch profits we gain after joining a guild? It seems military only, because no one is willing to help us no more. And that's a waste.

Cooldown isn't a way to develop team work, in my opinion.

so..when the going gets tough..you guys just quit? On eachother no less? Nice guild you have there!

Especialy in times of need, in times of changing, you shouod stick together as a guild.

I am so glad i am in a guild, in a family, that is holding on to eachother, helping eachothr and, most important, finding ways to work with this new system.

For example; when you have low alch, its a drag to make he now. So, we suggested to let the highest alchemist make em, while the others supply him/her.

Same with potions..

I sugegst all guilds call a guildmeeting asap and discuss this, and find new ways to do things.

See it as a challenge guys, not as a punishment!

Goodluck!

*hugs*

Jez

I've read everything about the Cooldown and 90% of it is bitching..

WHY?

Why bitch about something that someone has done? Ent has taken a long time to make and get this game working, and he does 1 thing then you all sit there bitching about it.

PK'ers - Now would be a good time to TRAIN your Atk/Def levels. - And IF you wonna PK someone why not use Spells to your advantage? I mean god 99% of PK'ers have Magic over 40.. What Spell can you do at level 40? MANA DRAIN! So in PK fights why not use these sorts of Spells to your advantage, if someone has no Mana How can they Heal themselfs?

The only other thing people bitch about is Alchemy / Potions

Well, why don't Alchamists carry a few DIFFERENT types of Food, Maybe carry 20 Fest Pots, 10 Bread, and maybe 100 Fruit, that way when the Fruit/Bread is cooling down you can use a FeastPot, this way you'll be able to make things at the same pace as you normally could. And don't say it dosn't work because I made 200 DE in the same time, if not quicker than befor.

One last thing..

When someone makes a change why does everyone look on the Negative side of it and not the Positive? And don't say there is no Positive side to the CoolDown because everything has it's good & bad points.

You just need to find what they are and use them to your Advantage.

Well, that's my 2 cents.

Any comments? :whistle:

Greets,

Woodeh

Comments? Sure! :D

Well, i have a lot of respect for Ent, and for whole work he did (and the rest of the team), but simply i think cooldown was unnessesary and it was lost of time, Ent precious time. In my opinion, this time could be spend on creating new items, or developing skills system (adding new, one in example). Old manufacturing system was OK, it was easy to learn how to play and how to master it. It was also quite realistic.

I think cooldown has been implemented by force and it complicates the game, witch is no good at all. And also I simply can't see its positive aspects... besides that it's working fine :P

I regret that I don't have skills to join dev team. I can just present my opinions and ideas... I can't tell those guys "do this, leave that!", and I'm not trying to do that.

The game is good as long as we enjoy playing it.

Does anyone like when he fails to pass another level of game 10th time in a row? No. And now I'am afraid, that EL will become too hard to play, sucking all pleasure of play from me :/