Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Cooldown log

Yes Don, I do know they aren't stackable, but the way he was talking was that he couldn't use them at all because he couldn't make them. Find a friend or get the guild together , have 5 or 6 people haul 35 back to storage at a time and you have plenty in stock, until they make them stackable. (which i do remember entropy saying they might do.)

Because they aren't stackable may mean that you may need to go mine your ores and store them then sit at storage to make whatever you are making, instead of the old way of taking stuff to the ore..

Doc..use bread or cooked meat when making feasting pots..that's what i did

lol omg u get together in guild to gather pots at mira. lol lol lol, kk injoy the game omgroflmao ;)

Yes Don, I do know they aren't stackable, but the way he was talking was that he couldn't use them at all because he couldn't make them. Find a friend or get the guild together , have 5 or 6 people haul 35 back to storage at a time and you have plenty in stock, until they make them stackable. (which i do remember entropy saying they might do.)

Because they aren't stackable may mean that you may need to go mine your ores and store them then sit at storage to make whatever you are making, instead of the old way of taking stuff to the ore..

Doc..use bread or cooked meat when making feasting pots..that's what i did

When failrate was on 43 on magi i went to mira to get vails bringing filled up ess to burn of while drink manapots, but else wander to mira to get 35-36 pots back i can only laugh about, try think time=xp and u migth start gain some xp lady!!

Correct me Ent/ uother mod guys, u main conern is ballance in game items rigth?

I STILL claim LOWER monsterdrop rate will help to that alot more than what u do now, i just sold 200 titlong for 90K gc, 1 titlong requieres besides other items require EFE=4-5K, why do i sell???, i tried like 1 year to sell em, but thats not the ?, how do i get 200 titlong, EASY kill alot cyc/chim they drop em like crazy.

It should be that way if u get a titlong in a monstordrop, u criedout LOUDLY in GM YEARRR I GOT A TITLONG FROM XX monster, not thinking, ohh another titlong do i bother pickup i got 3 allrdy in invertory and 7 books other drops, i have to rember space for my SRs.

The Mod's/Ent dont play the game they c statistic, not playing they do c it, if we want to make the game as we like, we have to comment on their ideas on forum.

hmm mostofem ;)

To Ent/Mods WHY do monsters HAVE to drop SOO much??, dont it have to be that way: u earn ur trip to gain some a/d xp ?, here its other way around u start figth to be rich !!!!!!, not suposed to be soo, the drop rate lowering is AIMED on ALL monsters, not only fluf, let monster drop gc bones, RARELY items, let manuer/crafter/alcher make the items needed in game, stop make game annoying!!

U want balance in game rigth?

Let "rare" items become rare.

The excamples on unbalance/(things implemented afterthat never thougthaboutdoitstillhaverelavanceor what). excamples r indefient!!

Start a link let people (where players can tell what they think make gameunballanced)make u eyes open whats REALY wrong, i did try other games, i love EL

foolish things that have always been soo no1 ever thougthabout why r they soo. like coord pot nonestackable, WHY where coordpot unstackable, there migth have been good reason for it earlier, but ty they r now :P 1 positive thing about update.

I repeat let manuer manu crafter craft alcher alche and let monsters die, we all do what we best at!!!, the worls peace migth come and eternalwar be in EL.

TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

less figthing in EL too much manuer's/crafter's/alcher's

All have a good dieing day

Entropy, people do not like cool-downs because it makes stuff take too long. 1 minute to eat vegetables is not a very good time span. A friend of mine made 1 batch of he's and this took him 7 minutes! But anyway I have a question for you Entropy.... why did you create cool-downs? :icon14:

Cooldown huh

OK neat idea and bad idea

testing through food which makes things diffulcult specially for lower level characters who are new to the game and make batches of fe etc once they have figured out all the wizz bits and pieces then they step up to bigger ess going for those higher levels

Personally the food cooldown is a bad move as I think it puts a natural part of the game which is just as much a part of our everyday lives into a bigger hassle and I think it will risk gaining EL community new members as some join the game just to make stuff (which requires a lot of eating)

as far as fighting hmmmm restrictions on the big boys (which the cool down is really only affecting in a positive way) means the high levels get higher and its so damn slow now to level up for the newbies

just observations not bitching but owing to the above this will be edited to suit what the mod likes and people get suspended for speaking their minds

If you guys just pay attention to the facts and not the abusive crap around the bitching maybe we might get somewhere with the game which is what we are all striving for isnt it?

I like the cooldown idea but it definitley needs modification and if you would like me to test times etc within the game gimme a yell

PS if it aint broke don't fix it.....

cooldowns r Okay with me only the times need to change abit

i think srs should go back to normal for sure

and diss rings/damage rings to 10 sec

Even if you make them, you have to make feasting pots USING FEASTING POTS!!! Which means your actual production rate of them IS ABOUT A HALF!!

Make 5, drink 1. That's not half.

Ummm..u get 5 attempts per potion drank, not 5 new potions.

This was my experience with a potion level of 36:

100 attempts on feasting pots...87 succesful potions made. This required I drink 28 of the potions..leaving me with 59 for storage.

I will say that using the potions as food source made cooldown pretty much unnoticeable.

Edited by anthropologist

cooldowns r Okay with me only the times need to change abit

i think srs should go back to normal for sure

and diss rings/damage rings to 10 sec

I agree. Cooldown is not problem for me if i'm training. But in last 2 days i havent seen any1 in pk maps.Every1 is affraid of 30sec diss and 20sec srs :( Like xanter said...when he met me and matess in arena he had no chance to escape and only thing what he could do was watching like his HP going down :( and he is top50 a/d player.....and 30sec diss ring makes mutli fighting(for example 3vs3) impossible :( i agree that cooldown has positive effect on market prizes but and if no1 fights no1 will buy armor,weapons and other pk stuff.....this is just what i noticed in last 2 days.

and cooldown icon is red clock now, i think it should be grey when used and it get the color back of it item its more pro if u know what im saying ;p

"Ummm go buy feasting pots from mira if you don't have the veg nex to make them yourself??"

I think you missed the part where I said I wanted to buy books for manufacturing items. Not everyone has the goal to just run to Mira for potions all the time.

Well, the best alternative for me is to harvest a ton of stuff and sell it for now, and maybe make essences for personal use sporadically. I don't want to buy feasting pots from Mira unless I have enough money to burn.

I just thought of something... couldn't there be another potion seller NPC set up somewhere? In truth, Mira isn't too far from any place I think of, but she would be as swamped as the storage guys if she'll become that important so soon. Noticing about four storage guys being swamped at once is something, but to imagine one potion NPC getting that much traffic boggles my mind.

Okay, I've never posted before, but here's my (lengthy and otherwise not very astounding) cooldown essay.

When I logged in on Friday, Cooldown caught me a little off guard. At first, I was horrified, and I resolved that I would play for a day or two, gathering everything I hate about cooldown, and then write it down on one major bitch log.

We are being told to try it out first, and had I not done so, I would not have come to the conclusion that I've come to now.

I don't really hate cooldown. The major bitch log I was planning is severely lacking. It's true that I work more slowly now. HEs, my main form of substinence in game, are going to take longer for me to make, but that doesn't mean I'm going to stop making them. I'm just going to have to change the way I make them. Now, for example, instead of sitting for a few hours, clicking and feeding, making nothing but HEs, I'm forced to watch the chat and get up every so often to cook meat and hunt. The horror, right? Exploring? Doing other things? Playing the game? Gah! No!

(Side Note: Someone asked me in chat the other night about my failure rate, and I sort of spaced. Sorry about that. Was watching a movie and keeping an eye on my daughter at the same time. Anyway, I usually get 36 HEs out of about 40 ingredients, at level 32 of alchemy. Have not kept track of how much food I consume during, and have yet to try Potions of Feasting, as they aren't cost effective for me yet.)

I guess one thing cooldown has helped me see is that things were getting a little monotonous as they were. I'd all but stopped training in attack and defense, which is silly. Fighting and moving about, or at least exploring the world, should be the fun part of the game. I'm certain that alchemy isn't.

A lot of us are going to have to grit our teeth and rediscover why it is we were first attracted to Eternal Lands. :D

The only possibly negative adjustment I've made is that I seem to have all but lost interest in fruits and veggies. Compared to cooked meat, the cooldown times on these are nearly painful to sit through. I don't even harvest them anymore. When I want to do some high level harvesting, I harvest ores in the CC.

Now, I don't know why that comes off as negative, but it does feel a little unbalanced to me. Or maybe just odd. Of course, there are probably other uses for fruits and veggies that I'm not aware of (I'm new-ish, and haven't tried everything yet), so it might not mean anything at all if one or two players stop eating them altogether.

Otherwise, though, I'm okay with this cooldown. I do hope that the future "tweaking" of the cooldown times involves lowering the cooldowns for fruits and veggies, and not "tweaking" in that other direction. But, even then, we'll adjust. I never would have expected it, but I've adjusted, and things aren't nearly as different as I thought they would be (it certainly isn't the end of the world, anyway). For the most part, it's still Eternal Lands, and it's still the game I've become addicted to over the past several weeks. Gotta thank the game's developers for that, right?

couple things i noticed (few i already spoke with you on ent):

1)dis. rings if accidentally clicked instead of an sr (outside a fight) will go into cooldown...this is rather odd since the item wasnt used just clicked

2)in fights with people of higher levels or numbers your chances of survival are slim to none...my old style of dis and pick off in order from weakest to strongest is no longer of use...the ability to dis and tele is almost not possible with the fight lag is by the time you are out of combat whatever backup in the area is already on you and thus when you cant manage to tele and the rings go into cooldown even though none were used.

3)the SR cooldown makes the sword that i love, thermal serp, a hazard for me to wield. the serp itself can take over half my health (i think it is like 135 now or something) in 1 hit. kinda makes the 90$ waste away in storage.

4)Harm killing: now made a much more effective way to kill people since when they run out of mana they will dis and try and get away or hope cooldown on the sr go finishes before the 5 seconds are up. enough time to harm the crap out of people effectively getting the job done.....so there are more advantages to the cooldown other than for groups or stronger people.....just a matter of finding them.

5)this isnt a comment on the cooldown rather a couple suggestions of which i could add to later...instead of when you use an item and it and the other items simular to it go into cooldown make it so only that item starts the count down..would help minimize some bitching..for example: your in a fight you are getting your ass beat so you flee, by clicking or homekey to avoid using diss unless you have to, and click votd ring but the backup enemy attacks you before you can get away so you dis and click the ws ring and manage to get away...

6)another plus to the cooldown: made mana drain useful...i mean think about it if you drain an enemy of all their mana and they drink a potion and you cast again they are screwed (providing you have enough mana

to be able to effectively do this and heal yourself)

incase anything i said was mistaken for bitching, i appologies. it wasnt ment as bitching just informative....but im a simple person so i cant think of many different ways to put things....anyway thats my 2 cents for the time... l8er :smartass:

Ha! New strategy:

Feasting potions just rock for manu and alch, but use raw meat (I train summon) and wine (time to get, plus cost). For those like me that collect bones while hunting: (also for new players)

get 40-50 vials. Make reasoning potions (bones powder=0 food cost, reasoning pots = 1 food ea). 30 reasoning potions = 35 feasting potions plus 100 gc.

I did this while a friend mixed feasting potions (once all ingreds were together) He netted 28 feasting potions for the same time I made 40 reasoning potions and made 1 trip to Mira and back. Netted 35feasting potions, 100 gc, 10 reasoning potions left. and will have 5 extra vials when I use the feasting potions.

so this looks like a pretty good strategy to me.

Tigs

I personaly like the idea. It makes things a little bit more interesting. It also makes planning more important.

I had a little boar summoning session today and it doesn't seen to slow me down too much. I was at -30 food so I chugged back a PoF which brought me to 15 but I forgot to bring another. I loaded up the supplies (bones,meat,LE and SR), equipped my conjurer cloak and walked out into the desert. The SR cooldown isn't too bad but since I have Power Hungry I burned through my 15 food points pretty quickly and had to go for a little walk to a veggie patch in the NE corner of DP. :P Sadly, Ant_46 thought he would try to fight one of my boar and expired :P

Combat hasn't been effected too much for me. I found out the hard way that I cannot fight bear with the BR chugging approach I used to use. Fighting orcs is still pretty much the same. Initially I thought that all potions would cool down eachother (Like a SR would start cooling down BR) but they seem to work independant of eachother so that is really nice.

I haven't been doing much alchemy since the cooldown mainly because I've been working since it was implemented. I tried making Magic Essences in DP storage today with just PoF's and it was great! It takes about 15 PoF's to make 50 Magic Essences but It seems to go much faster that using fruit or veg. Also, your ctrl-# fingers dont get numb :hug:

I want to try out manu and crafting out with it but I don't suspect it will be too bad. I have yet to try potions too but I'm starting to think it may involve using the vials from the PoF's I drink while making them :P

All in all it isn't too bad. I think it may require some tweaks here and there.

Okay, I've never posted before, but here's my (lengthy and otherwise not very astounding) cooldown essay.

I thought it was great Grackle :P .

Another observation, which I am sure a lot have noticed but may help grac with his failure rates:

Bars are soooo easy to make now. I was whipping them off like nothing today. Good way to level your alch as well so your he's are more succesful Grackle

4)Harm killing: now made a much more effective way to kill people since when they run out of mana they will dis and try and get away or hope cooldown on the sr go finishes before the 5 seconds are up. enough time to harm the crap out of people effectively getting the job done.....so there are more advantages to the cooldown other than for groups or stronger people.....just a matter of finding them

ya but then you run out of mana urself ;p

Edited by Hardcore

Just an example of crazy bar runner..:)

Used this method already before cooldown because always had low carrying capasity. This way can make more bars faster than by carrying first all the stuff to storage.

So..how to make 46 iron bars and 2 steel bars in 30 mins with only one (long) cave trip and carry emu 360

The only item which is ready in storage is sulphur.

1.2 pickaxes+cape+ 9 feasting potions+98 sulphur from storage and then run to veggie field.

2. 10 veggies and then run to the house and pick 98 red snapdragons..

3. next run to coal cave and harvesting red roses and making fire essences and eating every now and then to keep cool..;)

4. next to coal cave and harvest 120 coal..emu full...

5. back to veggies..eating "stomach" full and then run to tele which takes near northern cave entrance..

6.running to iron and begin harvesting...always when enough iron for 5 bars( 35)..mix them

7.if food under -4 then drink feasting and mix more and harvest more, if only -1..4 harvest until lower

8. continueing this way until 40 bars done if no failures

9. then fill up with 60 ore

9. about 20 food left and then back to veggies using tele and eating full and taking 5 veggies and maybe dropping couple of ore

10 .again to coal cave where mixing 6 iron bars more and also can make 2 steel bars

11 done..additional surplus coal to storage and ready for next trip or..logoff..;)

Summa summarum: less than 30 mins to make 48 bars and harvest about 1500 emu load which would need a lot boring mindless carry only trips and sure take a lot more time.

Wrote this to show for those who think everything is spoiled by the cooldown. It sure is made more difficult but also more challenging than just mindless carry to storage and then sit mixing there. And its even faster to make bars now...before cooldown i needed 1 feasting more because mixing took a lot more time.

Sure cooldown can easily get someones (mostly old players who only look to past) pissed off but I would say that someones get also pissed off of boring and simple and timeconsuming mindless methods. It sure takes some time to fine tune this kind of logistics for everyones emu and failure rate.

yes..i am crazy..;)

Just back from a couple of weeks holiday in the sun :) so haven't had time to get to grips with the cooldown yet. As soon as I noticed it I came to the forums to have a read of peoples comments.

Am I right in thinking that it has been introduced to help the market economy? I'm not sure if any of the devs are economists or if they have experience in that area so please don't be offended by my suggestion. Would it be an option to approach a professor (or two) of economics at one of the major colleges/universities and ask them for their opinion on the EL market. They may be able to help by suggesting a different method for managing the market or provide the devs with some advice or tips.

I quickly switched to feasting potions and don't see a problem with them. I use feasting potions for making everything except FEs, for which I use a combination of Feasting and Fruit. One fruit when food level is down to 25 and the Feasting when it is down to 0 again. You usually only have to wait a few seconds to be able to use the PoF at zero food. A bit cheaper than just using Feasting.

Just an example of crazy bar runner..:)

Used this method already before cooldown because always had low carrying capasity. This way can make more bars faster than by carrying first all the stuff to storage.

So..how to make 46 iron bars and 2 steel bars in 30 mins with only one (long) cave trip and carry emu 360

The only item which is ready in storage is sulphur.

1.2 pickaxes+cape+ 9 feasting potions+98 sulphur from storage and then run to veggie field.

2. 10 veggies and then run to the house and pick 98 red snapdragons..

3. next run to coal cave and harvesting red roses and making fire essences and eating every now and then to keep cool..;)

4. next to coal cave and harvest 120 coal..emu full...

5. back to veggies..eating "stomach" full and then run to tele which takes near northern cave entrance..

6.running to iron and begin harvesting...always when enough iron for 5 bars( 35)..mix them

7.if food under -4 then drink feasting and mix more and harvest more, if only -1..4 harvest until lower

8. continueing this way until 40 bars done if no failures

9. then fill up with 60 ore

9. about 20 food left and then back to veggies using tele and eating full and taking 5 veggies and maybe dropping couple of ore

10 .again to coal cave where mixing 6 iron bars more and also can make 2 steel bars

11 done..additional surplus coal to storage and ready for next trip or..logoff..;)

Summa summarum: less than 30 mins to make 48 bars and harvest about 1500 emu load which would need a lot boring mindless carry only trips and sure take a lot more time.

Wrote this to show for those who think everything is spoiled by the cooldown. It sure is made more difficult but also more challenging than just mindless carry to storage and then sit mixing there. And its even faster to make bars now...before cooldown i needed 1 feasting more because mixing took a lot more time.

Sure cooldown can easily get someones (mostly old players who only look to past) pissed off but I would say that someones get also pissed off of boring and simple and timeconsuming mindless methods. It sure takes some time to fine tune this kind of logistics for everyones emu and failure rate.

yes..i am crazy..;)

you make it sound like Mission Impossible O.o'

if you are interested in another pk experience with cooldown then listen to this:

i was in the arena.. in the sand when tornado attacked me, becuz of the cooldown it was only a 5 seconds fight lol then i had to dis and run. (no more mana everything was cooling down)

normally i could have fought him longer and have more fun fighting.

now it's 5 seconds fighting , dis and then run.

well..im quite sure that clever programmers also handle things like a game economy lot better than any real life professor. Professor's first problem sure would be: "wtf is levelling". And even real life professors cant even handle real life economy ..the real life economy handles them.Just check some real life countries which are trying to develop new economy after "crash"...total chaos..and mafia rules..:).Professors sure talking there bs about how things should be done and what was done wrong but..thats it.. :battleaxe_rune:

and economy already getting better...but in real life also..bad times come and go..

Before cooldown :-(A somewhat typical day and this was a crafting session) logon go straight to sulphur and and mine till i'm content. Being the tight arsed git i am and not having to spend gc's (only at times of desperation or tools, I make all my own stuff from fe's to my tele-rings), not caring much about the harvesting time i then proceed to get my couple thousand flowers... EMU 680 do me nicely :) . Then a few runs on the coal,and it's back to the mines for silver and gold ores. (usually taking along enough Essences to heal myself and a few others around me) . Then it's off to the veg patch to stock up on 500 food. Off to srorage we go and convert it all to usable materials in the crafting department.

After Cooldown...logon with an empty inventory i grab my capes and head off to the diamonds 10 mins and i'm full...off to harvey to sell (avg 600 gc's for normal load of 200 diamonds) this is the start of my pocket money for this day's session of EL playing( this will be used to buy a few tools if i need or some grub pots for a session of making some essences or bars), If i wasn't strong enough i would fight boars for 3 food, But i go for teddy bears cos they give a fur aswell, I wrestle with them until they give me enough raw meat and defense exp that Conan the barbarian would be hard pressed to acheive such a testosterone level. By now i'm ready for the harvest time so it's mitts down and tools up while we swear and curse and get nagged at by mother nature and her minions for another 10 minutes of diamonds this gives 6-7k exp for me, so she's worth it in the end... Apparently her daughter is pretty kool..nudge, nudge, wink,wink "say no more... :P " This again is sold to Harvey for more pocket money that goes towards feast pots and tools and a new idea is planned

All in all my gameplay has changed to suit the new way, and although i'm no longer mass producing i am still making all the stuff i used to just in smaller doses but more frequently yet still having a laugh with the new things i'm embarking on :D

Thanks for the tips, Anthropologist and Ratman. Looks as though I'll have to read those metal smelting books after all. Probably going to have to up my carrying capacity as well.

It's just another way to grow along with the game.

I have soo far only 1 thing to say, MAKE FEAST POT STACKABLE !!!!!!!!!!!

lol---that sure is problem for most...having huge carrying capacity and dreaming that could carry 1K feastings from Mira or then use that much in silver cave. Maybe too huge change to do..at least with current price it would almost spoil whole cooldown update. But if price would be 25 gc or more from Mira ..then it might have some sence. Would be easier to decide to begin making them myself..:)

But keep on "praying"..:P..u never know about teh G0d

Guest stalag

I had very doubts about cooldown but after a few days of playing i think with pots of feast at 10c from mira no problem at all. I could complain cuz i lost a full plate cuz SR took too long but thats the price to learn the hard way.

About putting pot of feast in stack i do agree if the price dosen't climb up if it does is better this way and whom of u complain about it do more team ,guild, work and u will see it's not a big issue.

I also think when bigger changes like cooldown happens avatars u have neg perks could have the chance to remove them, cuz when neg perks are picked they are based on some enviroment if that changes the decisions also changes and its not fair changing the rules in the middle of a game...imagine that in a soccer game or any other sport...