Eternal Lands Official Forums
Nintenduh

Pyrotechnics! :D

I've been thinking about this one for a while. I think it would be neat if one could create different pyrotechnic displays by alligning sigils while having certian essences in their inventory to set off stunning particle effects.

Anyone have any ideas?

Ohhh, how about you can use this as a skill so you can escape from combat, cloud and hide your name-tag/character, and etc.

However I like this idea as well as visual spell effects, but there is one small problem - who will code it? Out devs are buried with work at the moment.

So, I say let's do it, but only if the dev team will have time for it.

(Can you imgine such effects like in LotR 1 - Gandalf's fireworks? - *keeps daydreaming*)

won't that only be visible for those that have advanced video settings?

I'd imagine that players with poorman's setting won't be able to see it.

And wouldn't it cause enormous lag?

However I like this idea as well as visual spell effects, but there is one small problem - who will code it? Out devs are buried with work at the moment.

This is a very strange comment. Who will code any of these suggestions? Do you post this every topic? Using your logic, should we just get rid of this forum altogether?

I like the idea of the new skill, btw.

This is a very strange comment. Who will code any of these suggestions? Do you post this every topic? Using your logic, should we just get rid of this forum altogether?

I like the idea of the new skill, btw.

I can understand this being a skill, an extension to magic really. Just for fun and for looks Im not sure, but it would be great in combat. And Vanyel is probably saying that so that people understand in the forums that it will take time to get things built such as this and that the developers are busy with more basic things. He said it like I say it, so that the players can know what is going on and why we cannot just create all suggestions and that some, such as this will go to the bottom of the list because more important things need to happen first... Did I explain that well enough? I could try again. Ohh and please do not take this the wrong way, Im not going against you, its just that I am trying to explain why things are the way they are.

I never expect that any of my suggestions get implemented. A few have which makes me smile from ear to ear :) Somthing like this would take alot of time and effort. Even if it was to be added, I would imagine that it wouldn't be for a long long time.

Meh, since I was quote above. I will try to explain what I meant (howver Brom did it quite well).

I love this idea. Something like this would just amazing addition to the great game, but...

I find it just on the one of last postions of stuff to add (just my opinion). I would love to see just graphic spells effects. Nothing big, like the Gandalf's fireworks (ah... :daydreams a bit longer:), just small ones.

Saying this, I didn't want to tell that this suggestion was misplaced or wrong. Sure we shall suggest many things to give devs materials to pick something from.