Eternal Lands Official Forums
pennifuin

Snow Bound

"Lets head for the docks. The others have already boarded the vessel we have accuired for the trip to the mainland" said the Chronicler, not paying too much attention to the horse incident.

The cold morning gripped the very souls of the adventurers as they trotted down to the docks. The smell of smoked Shalmon, was to be the last they would ever be able to recall from this village.

As soon as the three straggling adventurers reached the docks, they saw that the term "docks" was grossly exaggerated. There were a few fishing boats and two seagoing vessels anchored at the beach.

Quickly they stowed their gear onboard and when the rugged sea captain approached the company, querying about the course of action, the Chronicler simply replied: "All accounted for. We are ready to sail."

As the captain shouted orders, preparing the ship for departure, the Chronicler turned to Lan: "Please take me below. I can't stand this cold much longer"

As they closed the cabin doors they heard a sharp call: "Hoist the sails!" and then the ship began to move.

Edited by Derin

Pennifuin rounded the corner, only to hear the words 'Hoist the sails!'. The ship was leaving without him?! Pennifuin, quick of mind, ran to the end of the jetti, and nimbly jumped. Mid air he delved his hand into his traveller's satchel and grasped at the essences inside, pulling them out and holding them firm in his palm, fist clenched, muttering a spell as he did so.*poof* the crew and captain alike were surprised to find the elf appear midship, looking very tetchy.

((sorry, I thought you were already onboard))

The Chronicler sensed that something wasn't right, something was happening. He opened the cabin doors and gazed upon the deck. In the middle was master Pennifuin standing, while the crew and the remaining adventuring party stood in a circle surrounding him.

"Over her, master Pennifuin!" shouted the Chronicler, not realizing that the almost sailed whithout the elf holding the key to this puzzle. "Come and share a tankard with me. We have things to discuss" the Chronicler said and reentered the cabin, assuming that Pennifuin would follw.

Edited by Derin

LadyWolf watched as Penn ran to the edge of the dock and jumped, then dissappeared in mid air. She watched carefully, her heightened draegoni senses at work and settled her eyes on a spot, just as Penn appeared in it. She smirked at having gauged his spell right, but quickly hunkered down on the deck with her steed, not wanting to let him out of her site. She buried against his side, and sat, cold, and hungry, but content that she was with her friend.

The ship was off, heading north to the mainland. Lan insured the cabin was secure and that everything was set and ready for the Cronicler. After everything was set Lan headed out of the cabin, making sure the door was locked behind them, Pennifuin and the Cronicler inside, along with one of his fellow guards. Then Lan set about the ship, speaking to everyone he came to. The speaking was good for him, he lacked in people skills and found this a wonderful oppertunity. The original purpose of talking to people to learn about what they did not tell him. Lan had a knack for reading people, finding hidden motives and secret thoughts. This he did whenever he could so that he could detect (or at least try) wrong doers, in an effort to protect the Cronicler. He sat with Ladywolf for a while and talked, then continued on to the crew and a good deal of time with the captain. Who was the strangest character of them all, speaking in that classic sea-speak. After Lan's head was whiling with the strange captains speech. He left to find a place to sleep. Normally a stable, but on the ship he would likly sleep in the crew quarters or even on deck.

Edited by Brom

((mind me joining in?))

She awoke with a start, the dreams becoming more intense. I should know them, she thinks, as her mind clears. Rolling over, she gazes at her companion, a white wolf. It had been standing guard over her the day the citizens of palos verdas found her, unconcious and barely alive. The only items she had been carrying was an amulet of exquisit detail, but broken and a letter, but noone could read the language.

She does not remember anything before the people of Palos Vertas found her, not even her name. Who am I? how many times has she tried to remember. Does it matter? the wolf thinks back to her What is a name? Laughing, she stands up to enjoy the sun turning everything colorful.

She had been told she was elven, which was something else that eluded her, but she did know she was happiest within the forest among the woodland creatures. But lately she had been dreaming, strange dreams of people she did not know and felt the urge that she had to do something. What will we do today? came into her mind, she looked back at her companion and thought to it I don't know, I feel i have to go somewhere, but i don't know where too....... It does not matter, you will find your way the wolf thought back.

Sighing, she turned to gather her few belongings, she traveled light, a few knives tucked in handy places, a sword, the letter she could not read and the amulet. Thinking of it, she drew out to look at, it was a carved piece of deer bone, in the shape of an animal she should remember but like everything else eluded her.

Why do you worry so much? thought the wolf to her it's a good day, will we run today? She could not help but laugh yes, we will as they set off towards the unknown.

((Not at all, Im not sure how you are going to join in the group, but I think you can work it out. We are still on the ship heading for the mainland, Palon Vertas is in the middle of the mainland. Good Luck.))

((OOC- Welcome wolfmom....Lan..you did it again in your last post.....

After Lan's head was whiling with the strange captains speech. He left to find a place to sleep. Normally a stable, but on the ship he would likly sleep in the crew quarters or even on deck. ))

LadyWolf sat and talked with Lan when he showed up. She was very cold, but the heat from her steed helped. A crewman walked by and saw her shaking and tossed her a horse blanket. She nodded in thanks and curled up next to Shadow and draped the blanket across them. The horse nuzzled her and laid his head protectively over her as she drifted off to sleep.

Edit: By Brom :dry:

Edited by Brom

The Chronicler had drifted off to sleep, and Pennifun roam'd the deck in the brilliant moonlight. There was not a cloud in the sky, and the stars could be seen as clearly as Pennifuin could ever remember seeing them. He was pondering what could lay ahead and what it might uncover. His thougths strayed to the preceding events, his previous expedition but still, in his ever growing health, Pennifuin cold not recollect it wholey, just a mixed feeling of emotion; sorrow, angst, horror. He shuddered and gripped the gnarled and weathered gunwhales tightly, his knuckles turning white. His mind darted from memory to memory, stumbling from before he set out, his home, arriving in Idaloran, Inveron...then nothing. To the tavern, Iscalrith...Katherine. His eyes widened, his heart fluttered as he looked upwards into the skies. Doing so he wondered if she had felt the same attraction, that spark. Had he let his heart get ahead of his head again? was he just fooling himself? was he suffering from the same old premature affection? He hung his head, shut his eyes and sighed deeply, slipping back into the somewhat meditative state, trying to crack into the memories that could hold the answer to what had happened. He had tried so far not to show his true feelings and worries to his travelling companions, but it wold be a matter of time before they catch on to his true inner anxiety.

The sound of waves crashing against the bow woke Pennifuin from his trance.Seaguls were cawwing and menacingly circling the ship. Seaguls do not fly far out to sea he mused. They were nearing the coast of the Irillion mainland.

Edited by pennifuin

((sorry, long hours at work))

She was reaching out with all her senses, listening, searching, had she been here before? She can't remember ever being here before, but it seemed familiar somehow. The white wolf is waiting by her side, patient, silent, only the movements of its ears revealing that it was trying to listen for something also. The normal sounds, birds chirping, small animals scrurrying about their business, seemed to be absent.

Suddenly its hackles rose, but it emitted no sound. 'Down' came to her mind, she threw herself to the ground instantly, her companion would know better then her. The underbrush hid what was walking past, but to her mind came a madness, something that was twisted by magic forces. What kind of force would do that to another living being? 'So very sad' her companion send to her. 'What is?' she thought back to the wolf, 'Best that you do not know' came the reply, but she had the feeling that it left the "yet" out on purpose. 'It is past' it finally send to her, rising she wondered what creature it was, that had just passed.

'We best turn back, it's starting to get dark and we could use a fire tonight' she send to the wolf, sometimes she had the feeling, that if her companion could, it would just shrug its shoulders. Small thoughts like that made her smile to herself. Who says I can't do that? It's just not worth the effort, would mess up my fur.Sitting on its haunches it looked at her, tongue lolling out of its mouth and she had the feeling it was laughing at her, she grinned back at it.

After backtracking several miles for safety, she made a fire for the night, eating some bread and cheese her pack contained, given to her by somebody. Thinking about that, she, for the hundereds time, wondered how that person knew. Instantly something came to her mind. "Well, it was about time you thought of me for a change. Yes, I know what you can do, you are not the first and will not be the last of your kind with the ability. It is a rarity, but you are not the only one." She flinched, she knew she wasn't being lied too, but wouldn't be told what she desperately wanted to know either and it was no use asking. "You know, I will not give you the answers you seek, you have to find them for yourself. While i will not actively seek contact, I do know you are safe still. Your ability will help you and possibly some other people, it will be up to you how to proceed."

The voice was gone again, the wolf looked at her 'Sleep, I will watch if you promise we run again tomorrow and find me a rabbit, but not your way, my way. Laughing she turned to her side and let sleep take her.

((will be working long hours all this coming week, my part for this week is done, unless i get a break.....maybe))

edit: typos

Edited by wolfmom1