Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Items cooldown test

If you would like to help us test the items cooldown, please log in to port 2001 (if you don't know how to do that, don't do it).

Let us know of any bugs you find.

And please no comments about the cooldown concept, anyone who posts such things will be suspended for a moth from the forums.

finding a bug was quick and easy ^_^ .

the text colour change that's done for the quantity number isn't put back to white. so anything after a cooling item will have its quantity written in blue (and I just cvs-up-ed to make sure it's not already fixed)

ed: the whole picture is blue-ed out as well, even after the blue clock-sweepy thing has gone past that part

Edited by ttlanhil

Dis rings and fruit seem to be in the same category.

With fruit in slot 0, and dis in 1, They would activate the cool down for both.

It apeared that at times, when the cooldown was activated via the fruit, the circle on the dis would stay full for a while, then start to disipate.

Spirit rests and extra mana, are in a different category then the other potions. such as vitality defence and co-ord pots.

Using the dis ring causes half the fruits cooldown circle to show up.

*edit, Apears its dis rings and all food

Edited by Zep

When using a teleport ring during combat it says that it can't be used because you are fighting.

As well the number of rings doesn't decrease, so you actually don't use a ring, but the cooldown phase of the teleport ring starts anyways.

So the item is not used but cools down. I don't think it's supposed to be like that or is it?

Sorta what zep was saying, when I used a veggie, my diss ring started as well

Yeah and the other way round.

Bread normally has a cooldown of 20 secs. When using a dis ring break suddenly cools down for 30 secs. o.O

Wasn't sure if this is a bug, when I was just STANDING there, not fighting at all, I clicked on a damage ring, it didn't use it, bu did start the cooldown. Then it said it couldn't be used outside of a battle like normal. Wasn't sure if that was a bug or not. In battle it seemed fine

Edited by Bosnian_Child

Dis rings and fruit seem to be in the same category.

With fruit in slot 0, and dis in 1, They would activate the cool down for both.

It apeared that at times, when the cooldown was activated via the fruit, the circle on the dis would stay full for a while, then start to disipate.

Spirit rests and extra mana, are in a different category then the other potions. such as vitality defence and co-ord pots.

Using the dis ring causes half the fruits cooldown circle to show up.

*edit, Apears its dis rings and all food

Fixed :P Dis ring was a kind of food.

Wasn't sure if this is a bug, when I was just STANDING there, not fighting at all, I clicked on a damage ring, it didn't use it, bu did start the cooldown. Then it said it couldn't be used outside of a battle like normal. Wasn't sure if that was a bug or not. In battle it seemed fine

Same this with diss ring

Useing items, like dis rings when not in combat, food while your food level is full(and carnt actually eat), and such, causes the cooldown to start.

I noticed somebody said their item was "blued-out" when the cooldown started...mine are red.

Also, when I used an item and the cooldown started, all items in all groups were "blocked out" but didn't have the countdown. I could use other items from other groups though even though they were covered in red.

I noticed somebody said their item was "blued-out" when the cooldown started...mine are red.

could be because my client is more up-to-date, I think the plan was for it to be red a while back but it was changed to blue

Also, when I used an item and the cooldown started, all items in all groups were "blocked out" but didn't have the countdown. I could use other items from other groups though even though they were covered in red.

ere they blocked out, or just redded-out, with the colour affecting them? if the second, that's what I reported above, the colour is turned on for the item in your inventory, but isn't turned off again, and hence all the ones after it are also coloured (and the 'wearing' slots are at the end, so they'll be affected too)

Along the lines of a suggestion to improve usability:

I wanted to eat as soon as the food cooldown completed but I found that after the last little wedge of blue was gone I got "there is still 1 second of cooldown left on this item". Could the cooldown display be adjusted so the last second of cooldown was large enough to still be visible (at all screen resolutions) or have some other indicator added (maybe a strip around the edge of the item would be blue for the entire duration of the cooldown).

Along the lines of a suggestion to improve usability:

I wanted to eat as soon as the food cooldown completed but I found that after the last little wedge of blue was gone I got "there is still 1 second of cooldown left on this item". Could the cooldown display be adjusted so the last second of cooldown was large enough to still be visible (at all screen resolutions) or have some other indicator added (maybe a strip around the edge of the item would be blue for the entire duration of the cooldown).

I had the same, even a 2 sec of cooldown after the 1..

And..for players with power hungry perk..its REAL hard to get a little bit food..by the time they take one bite..their stomache is empty again :wacko:

Perhaps decrease the cooldown period on that one?

Jez

And..for players with power hungry perk..its REAL hard to get a little bit food..by the time they take one bite..their stomache is empty again :wacko:

Jez

That doesn't have anything to do with cooldown testing itself. That belongs in the bitching thread

However, this will give a larger use to the feasting potion

when you have alot kind of boost potions in ur inventroy and drink lets say a Attack potion, all boost potions recharge

and when you drink a 5+ mana potion , your Spirit rest potions recharge aswel

when you have alot kind of boost potions in ur inventroy and drink lets say a Attack potion, all boost potions recharge

and when you drink a 5+ mana potion , your Spirit rest potions recharge aswel

supposed to be like that shiv...the cooldowns activate in categories so if u eat like a veggie all foods will cooldown

Odd since you cant use all boost potions per minute now..

i think they should be 1 second to use or so

there is only a 10 second wait, so you could still drink them all in undr a minute, but you couldn't do it in a matter of seconds now, meaning you will have to plan a while befor the fight, instead of using them at the last second :D

I take it your gonna fix the cooldown text? Doesn't really make sense.

"Not ready, this item still has a 55 cooldown"

should be

"Not ready, this item still has a 55 second cooldown"?

I had the same, even a 2 sec of cooldown after the 1..

And..for players with power hungry perk..its REAL hard to get a little bit food..by the time they take one bite..their stomache is empty again smile.gif

Jez

Thats a damn good thing, negative perks are supposed to be negative?...Anyway, this isnt the thread.

[edit]

Cooldown on dis. rings are still activates when using one not in a fight

An item cooldown activates when it is used, not when it works. So if you don't want a cooldown for diss rings while being used out of the battle, well, don't use them out of the battle.

Ok, anyone else having the problem Aislin has?

An item cooldown activates when it is used, not when it works. So if you don't want a cooldown for diss rings while being used out of the battle, well, don't use them out of the battle.

I think I might be, I don't quite understand what she is saying though. Can you explain a little better and/or post screenshots?

Yes, I have the exact same problem that she described (tested this morning).

Edit: A screenie:

http://web.mit.edu/user/a/m/amynar/Public/EL/cooldownbug.PNG

Edited by Tanyia