Eternal Lands Official Forums
Jezebelle

Calling all guildleaders

My goals are:

Make newcomers feel more welcome and therefor more commited to stay

get rid of bad-behaviour ingame

work together as Leaders of Guilds (I know this World was created to have ppl work together, this is not done as much as it was intended to be, this is a great chance to show how cooperation should be done, not so much in manufacturing or combat, but on a social level)

ok make newcomers feel welcome? we got newbie channel and the people on IP for that.. don't need a guild council for that..

Thats not realy enough imo, its my experience that newcomers respond more posiotive to a personal aproach the to an anonymous #help_me. Ofcourse we still need the newbie channel and the mods assistence for helping out the newbies but we, as old-time players and guidleaders can achieve so much more, if we want to, that is :ph34r:

get rid of bad behaviour ingame? pretty much impossible to reach as some people just don't give a damn about what they do and what others think of it

There are more affective way to deal with troublemakers then just a mods punishment, and for many 'bad behaviour" are nod mod punishments. We, as a community can deal with this kind of behaviour.

we have channels for raising the social lvl...

The public channels are and will always be tere to raise social levels. But you dont seem to get my point, Gohan..I dont blame you, but thats exactly what I mean. This game is not just about raising levels in manu, alch or combat. It has to do with social skills, and it takes working together as well to be able to do that right. It has to do with listen to eachother, respect the others opinion, discuss things in a civil, mature matter.

And in the end, perhaps reach a compromise..now THATS social interaction..;)

Gohans result of thinking

GET NEW GOALS...

We live and learn, Gohan, we live and learn..every day :)

I also like this idea very much as well.

EL is definitly in need of this. It should bring the community together and hopefully get ideas and etc out better. :P

-kat

Edited by kat

Overall it seems like a resonable idea.

I would set it up as something like the United Nations and provide a forum for guilds and guild leaders to talk with eachother. It could be a forum where people can discuss and resolve conflicts between guilds for example.

The group would not have any direct power but it could have some effect if members agree to a "code of conduct" that would promote better behavior between those guilds that agree. It could also be possible for members to agree on things like minimum prices for items.

It is up to my guild wether the "EL Linux Community" (lnx) or who is the representative is up to the fellow guild leaders.

ok..heres the link to our website. http://wandw.freesuperhost.com

If all guildleaders will be so kind to register on our forums there, I can aprove you asap and we can get this thing started :)

I have noticed not all guildleaders have responded yet, perhaps its a good idea to remind them through pm or when you see them ingame :hiya:

A good guildleader is always busy, so i understand things dont happen overnight..but the sooner we get started, the sooner we get things done :P

Oh..and to all those who DID respond: Thanks! Its good to see most of the guildleaders are willing to make a difference and make a change here.

We do not need a game-tech power to make things happen..its in my experience that the Power of the Mind is much more affective :)

Jez

Jez

Edited by Jezebelle

It's a great idea, and been tried before, but hopefully this time It will work. I can't speak for the_antiroot, but sounds good to me, and I know that antiroot was talking about such a project.

I think it is a good idea. there have as has already been mentioned a number of similair initiatives which have fizzled out. We should perhaps also look into why they fizzled to avoid suffering the same fate.

Still, I cant see any reason for SegV not to become involved at this time.

We do not need a game-tech power to make things happen..its in my experience that the Power of the Mind is much more affective :wacko:

I've had the same experience. :wacko:

This is an excellent idea, but I think that we should use a seperate forums for communication instead of having it be part of a guild's forums (I will not be a part of this until that is done).

The goals should be changed too. The point of an inter-guild council is so that guilds will cooperate with each other (I see no other reason). There are already newbie helpers, and there is nothing we can do about outlaws. RICH will not join unless clear and acceptable goals are determined. And if you don't want us to join - that really defeats the purpose of having a council.

These operations fizzle out when the larger groups decide not to be involved.

We do not need a game-tech power to make things happen..its in my experience that the Power of the Mind is much more affective :wacko:

I've had the same experience. :wacko:

This is an excellent idea, but I think that we should use a seperate forums for communication instead of having it be part of a guild's forums (I will not be a part of this until that is done).

The goals should be changed too. The point of an inter-guild council is so that guilds will cooperate with each other (I see no other reason). There are already newbie helpers, and there is nothing we can do about outlaws. RICH will not join unless clear and acceptable goals are determined. And if you don't want us to join - that really defeats the purpose of having a council.

These operations fizzle out when the larger groups decide not to be involved.

Thnx for your clear post.

I have opened a section on my guildforum ONLY for the use for guildleaders. No one else is alowed in there..I see no reason why the Guild Council fourm cannot be put there.

Yes..we do have newbiehelpers..but many times they are afk or just plain too busy to help all.

My point was to have some sort of Representitive for each skill (or more for one skill) that newcomers can get in touch with if they wanna know specific things.

It is in my experience, that newcomers feel more welcome and get more involved and committed by a personal aproach in the early days or their excistence here.

The point of this Council is that Guildleaders, as being responsible people, leading a group, can interact and try and make things better.

Outlaws CAN be dealt with..by a Guild Councill..as you agreed with me; we do not need game-tech powers to deal with those ppl...we have our own ways..the Power of the Word is deadlier then the Power of any sword..

And yes..this could mean that one of our own guilds has to be punished..or spoken too..and thats not nice, or pleasant..but thats what we are guildleaders for..the ibest interest of this World..above our own :P

This council does NOT mean there will be no more guildwars..what would EL be without those ? :(

Its simply a way to get together..inspite of personal or imgame indifferences..and discuss how to make this World a better place.

Seridia Viatoris won't join this council at this point and on this purpose. Here are our reasons:

1. In our opinion channels 1, 2 and #help_me are good enough. They, after some small changes, will cover everything. In addition, we thinks that any help should be made completely voluntarily. Only if such help is 'player based' the effect for community would be the best.

2. We don't think this should be council only of guild leaders. We think that most suitable would be council of guild representatives.

And..to take it a step further..leaders who refuse to sit at a council meeting..can be adressed as 'outlaw guilds' and be facing the concequences

If not wanting to do something that we don't agree with completely would make us an 'outlaw guild', then so be it. Such 'consequences' don't convince us of an idea, maybe even the opposite.

Vanyel

on behalf of Seridia Viatoris

PS. I want to stress - I'm not saying it as an NH. I'm saying it as a one of leaders of Seridia Viatoris. This is the voice of whole guild.

<edit> typos

Edited by vanyel

And..to take it a step further..leaders who refuse to sit at a council meeting..can be adressed as 'outlaw guilds' and be facing the concequences

That statement should be taken back! Where are our morals or humanity? It is not right to force beliefs onto people. Should we be like Hitler?Nero? or the many other warlords who forced the people to do their will and beleive what was considered "right". Do we the people or "gms" say that those mentioned before were right? That they had the "right" to cause massive harm? To do their "good"? I say no! I also believe that that statement should be taken back and that a apolagy should be issued!

Also being so blunt about it! Thats almost racial! Do we now give simple terms to anyone? Without even looking at them? If the purest guild was not to join it would be an "outlaw"? Look at todays world! How many times do we as the people do harm with simple but names for others?

Also how much power is being issued to this council? To give it the power to "Judge"! Only the people who have earned this have the right to do it.

Edited by sparhawk

Actually, I think that no one agreed with that about "outlaw guilds", and there's really no need for that, so better ignore that point and go ahead on the rest of the plan.

Vanyel, I agree that the help methods that exist now are efficent, but not always, and not enough. Sometimes it can take ages to get a reply from #help_me, and you can even not get a reply at all (since mods can be really busy at moments, I think, and players can concentrate more on it since they only worry about gaming), and help channels can end out spammed, making newbies to feel lost through the cross conversations. So, we're not talking about replacing the current helping system, just adding another possibility to it and help out. :P

Excuse me?

No, honey biscuit, it doesn't work that way. If you're counting me and my guild as a whole - TirasHazor happens to be included in there, by the way - as outlaws, then there is no way I'm joining in. Scare tactics didn't get me into Christianity, and they sure as hell aren't getting me into a council. I have neither the time nor the energy to bother working with people whom I have no respect for, and if all guilds are going to be lumped together, and you're too sugar coated to realize they will bicker like a new couple, then I highly doubt this will work.

Twin is not in until the Voice of Reason changes some of the things stated in this thread.

Though the idea seems plausible and I would like to see this, I can't help but feel that there would be some inter-guild disputes. Would you be asking them to resolve these issues or just put on a nice face for the Guild Council meetings?

I know some guilds are having trouble. Still, I would expect a mature attitude from any GuildLeader. I think we all are after one thing; make this World a better place..and we all can tribute to that by co-operating with eachother.

Even when a guild is 'in war'with another guild, their leaders can still act polite in a meeting. In rl, worldleaders do the same..

Also, technically I'm a GM - though I do not think of myself that way. What would you say to those small 'guilds' who are at least willing to take a positive interest in this?

Every guild has a guidleader..and every guildleader can sit in at the Council.

So to sit on the council, a person just has to make a one person guild? Don't we have enough of those already?

This idea can work as long as it is a strict democracy. No one person decided the rules, the elected leaders (the 5 head council?) should decide the guidelines for this, not just the organizer. It has the checks and balances system working sort of.

On a personal note, it sounds like you, jezebelle, are trying to rework guilds entirely so its not just friends, but training in skills and having specializations. This could be a good idea, however, I don't think it should be up to you or the council itself, only the guild leaders. Also the guilds that don't participate being considered outlaws is outrageous.

*sighs*

Seems this was taken out of its meaning.

All I meant was, this can only work 100% if ALL guilds sit in.

After all, we all want whats best for this World, right?

It sounded harsher then I meant it to be, sorry for the confusion..:P

As for making decisions; I am not forcing anything down anyones throat; but someone has to start putting things on the table to start a discussion.

After all (willing) guildleaders have registred and posted, we can get started, voting and such.

About the newcomers: I think they need ALL te help they can get. I have been clear in my opinions abut how newcomers feel in my experience, I have spoken to them, asked them what way they would like to be helped, and this came out.

My guild has been doing this for a some time now and we are very proud of the results.

Lord_vermor: I prolly dont understand your post completely, but I am not trying to have all the guild be 'freinds' with eachother..that would be impossible, I only want the leaders to sit down and discuss the Worlds problems in a civil matter.

I hope I cleared a few things up :)

Jez

A question:

guild leaders are representatives of the guilds, why the guildless players should be excluded from deciding about the community?

A question:

guild leaders are representatives of the guilds, why the guildless players should be excluded from deciding about the community?

Good point! :) Thanks for your input!

We have to start somewhere. And guildleaders (in my opinion) are supposed to be experienced players with a true commitment for the game, they give guidance to their guild and therefor must know whats going on ingame. And, they have 'acces'to a larger group of players, their guild. I think a player chooses to be with a guild for the guilds vision on this World, so their leader is a representitive for that whole group.

Perhaps the guildless ppl should start a voting of their own and choose their representative? That representative can take place in the Guilds Council?

I cant do everything, lol..altho it dont look like it, i DO have a rl too :)

I am not saying guildless players are less commited, dont get me wrong, and they should be included, is there anyone who will organize the guuildless players?

Jez

A question:

I am not saying guildless players are less commited, dont get me wrong, and they should be included, is there anyone who will organize the guuildless players?

Jez

I could create a space or sections on our guilds forum named freelancers or something like that for them to sound off and have discussion. I would be happy to then bring their issues forth to the council or they could elect their own rep. I have no issue eneabling them to maintain their own section on our forums and even have them moderate themselves there if someone is willing to step up. I have posted a note and quick poll on our forums here: Freelancer Poll

I think that if others agree to this idea then we will need help from mods and such announcing it to the players. Nice ideas here Jez...

Storm

Edited by storm

A question:

There is already a player council... where decisions "about the community" are made. My impression of this is that this is to allow guilds to have an interguild forum to discuss guild-related issues. That would be inappropriate and pointless for the guildless to attend.

Do the guildless not willingly exclude themselves anyway?

By the way... I guess I must be an "Outlaw Guild" as I have not signed up or agreed to anything. Do I and my members get lynched now, or are we just gonna have to wait to have Ent petitioned to ban us? I can't see that a "non-aligned guild" (which is what you refer to as an "outlaw guild") can be punished or even be worth the effort to label negatively like this.

When I was in the LoVE guild, there used to be meetings... most of which happened while I was sleeping. I guess given that this game has players from all over the world... some guildleaders are simply gonna get blacklisted simply because they choose to sleep. Seems a bit draconian to me.

Edited by stewbaby

Depends on the intent. I think the intent here is to have a group that aids in sharing information on many aspects of gameplay. It should NOT be a total bitch session. If it is gameplay issues then I think the guildless should or could be included. If done right perhaps we can even bring a unified voice to issues beyond our control such as game changes. Could be very positive. If it is nothing more than a witch hunt and crying room count me out. If we discuss relevent issues, problem players and use it to resolve differences count me in.

Storm