Eternal Lands Official Forums
Jezebelle

Calling all guildleaders

I would like to suggest to create a Guilds Council. All guildleaders take place in that council and we will monthly meetings with all guildleaders.

For day-to-day issues we can have a board of about 5 members of the Council.

We can discuss things like outlaw issues, abuse and other stuff that mods cant do anything about coz its not 100% against gamerules. So many times someone does something real bad, but cannot get a mods punnishment because its not against gamerules, but its frustrating someone gets a way with it, dont you think..?

Perhaps we can even have a Trial stand, where we, the Council think of punishments against those that cross the lines..

I know we dont have 'powers' to realy punish someone..but being given the silent treatment..isnt nice..imho..and if we unite as a Council..it will have more effect then when a few ppl keep to a punishment.

And, we might also discuss ingame issues, developement issues and come up with good suggestions for the devs of this game.

Together we can do so much more..together we stand strong..against anything and anyone..:)

Who is up for this?

*hugs*

Jezebelle ( W&W Guild)

n.b. oh..I forgot: i would also like the Council to be adressable for newcomers to ask questions to..specific questions. I would like to see all guildleaders have a speciality (alch, combat etc) so the newcomers know where to turn to with specific questions. This way the newcomers will feel welcome and they dont have to send an anonymous #help_me, in my experience i found most newcomers prefer a 'real'person to help them.

This world will get more friendly if newcomers know who to turn to, it will give them a feeling of having a friend in a new world.

Edited by Jezebelle

I like this idea. I had once thought about it on a 10k run. Too bad im not a guild master :)

Edited by sparhawk

:) that's it! a good idea at last!

We all know there are things we have to live with, people that may make things to us that aren't against the rules but still not nice, just like robbing for example. They can't be punished for that, but there are things the community CAN do about it... silent treatement, refusing to trade/buy, search&destroy on PK maps... I think that at least we can "pay back" that way, and indeed it's not nice.

I 100% support this, and not just because we're in the same guild... just because I think that's the right thing to do: defend ourselves.

Yours,

Maxim Ironfist (W&W guild)

you mean something like the Eternal Lands League of Guilds?

that started out well then died off

Something like it yes. But also a sort of welcome-commitee for newcomers (see my n.b on my post)

And I have no intetion to let it die..i know some guildleaders are realy committed to make it work this time, there is lots do do.

Jez

I will have a special section made on our forums. I will let you guys know when its ready so the guildleaders can register and we can start voting for a dayly borad. After all, we have so many guilds, its not possible to discuss every little detail with so many ppl.

But bear in mind; I would like to see this Council as a democratic one..every major decision has to be voted on (poll)

Same as the dayly board, it will be voted on through a poll by all guiuldmasters.

Jez

Well I see nothing bad about it except the organization part, how many guilds does EL have? Anyway my opinion is that it’s worth a try, what the rest of =EF= thinks is unknown atm :P

Well I see nothing bad about it except the organization part, how many guilds does EL have? Anyway my opinion is that it’s worth a try, what the rest of =EF= thinks is unknown atm :P

I will be happy to organize things, no probs there.

Jez

I love the idea, you can count me in..

Jeze is right. We all need to pull together and i notice one guild in particular (even though they know about this post) did not submit there view.

I give Jeze my full support on this. Its about time the guilds met under one roof to sort out their problems

Richie (Proud W&W Member)

It's a great idea, and been tried before, but hopefully this time It will work. I can't speak for the_antiroot, but sounds good to me, and I know that antiroot was talking about such a project.

After reading the old thread about the ELLG, I'm getting a sense of deja vu. How would you prepose that it won't happen this time?

I am alive, active and very willing to make this work..our World NEEDS a Guild Council..it will make it even better then it is now ;)

My goals are:

Make newcomers feel more welcome and therefor more commited to stay

get rid of bad-behaviour ingame

work together as Leaders of Guilds (I know this World was created to have ppl work together, this is not done as much as it was intended to be, this is a great chance to show how cooperation should be done, not so much in manufacturing or combat, but on a social level)

Jez

Though the idea seems plausible and I would like to see this, I can't help but feel that there would be some inter-guild disputes. Would you be asking them to resolve these issues or just put on a nice face for the Guild Council meetings?

Also, technically I'm a GM - though I do not think of myself that way. What would you say to those small 'guilds' who are at least willing to take a positive interest in this?

I was in support of the ELLG, and I still regularly check the forums in case something has happened(it's on my list for when I connect each day)... I'll be in support of another try of this (I'm not a guild leader, but I'm one of the co-captains of AID)

Just hope it works better this time :D

Though the idea seems plausible and I would like to see this, I can't help but feel that there would be some inter-guild disputes. Would you be asking them to resolve these issues or just put on a nice face for the Guild Council meetings?

I know some guilds are having trouble. Still, I would expect a mature attitude from any GuildLeader. I think we all are after one thing; make this World a better place..and we all can tribute to that by co-operating with eachother.

Even when a guild is 'in war'with another guild, their leaders can still act polite in a meeting. In rl, worldleaders do the same..

And..to take it a step further..leaders who refuse to sit at a council meeting..can be adressed as 'outlaw guilds' and be facing the concequences

Also, technically I'm a GM - though I do not think of myself that way. What would you say to those small 'guilds' who are at least willing to take a positive interest in this?

Every guild has a guidleader..and every guildleader can sit in at the Council.

Edited by Jezebelle

My goals are:

Make newcomers feel more welcome and therefor more commited to stay

get rid of bad-behaviour ingame

work together as Leaders of Guilds (I know this World was created to have ppl work together, this is not done as much as it was intended to be, this is a great chance to show how cooperation should be done, not so much in manufacturing or combat, but on a social level)

ok make newcomers feel welcome? we got newbie channel and the people on IP for that.. don't need a guild council for that..

get rid of bad behaviour ingame? pretty much impossible to reach as some people just don't give a damn about what they do and what others think of it

we have channels for raising the social lvl...

Gohans result of thinking

GET NEW GOALS...