Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Placid

The latest invasion

Hey guys.

We had a huge invasion last night as you might know. How did you find it? Too hard? Too easy? Fair/unfair for non-fighters?

Wouldn't mind some comments from both end of the spectrum, newbie and probie :-P

Cheers

i think it was awsome. only one criticism however.... in WS there were easy monsters then suddenly an arctic chimmy :/ not relaly fair on the lower levels. maybe section off each map according to player abilities would make it more fun :)

Definately section off the fighting more. I'd say somthing like, rats to lets say deer in one spot. Then gobs to trolls or somethign like that in another spot. Then Cycs etc etc etc.. you get the point. I can take multiple trolls, but I cant even touch cycs yet, so I kinda suck still, but there is no in between for me, so I ether kick booty, or die REALLLLLLY fast :). I also wish that if we didnt change the way it is, at least make all fights able to multi fight for a temporary thing or something like that. I can HELP take chims on if i can multi fight, but not solo. Make it more of a team effort cause some can do it all alone, while others have to rely on eachter to help out. Thats my 2.3434 cents. Of course everone wants to WIN, so make it fair, but let us get our booties kicked still :P

Edited by Bosnian_Child

My only comment would be to make sure they happen at various times during the day. This is the second invasion I've missed because I'm at work and can't take the time to fight monsters. Clearly there are times during a 24 hour day when more people are on and when less people are on. But if invasions can be spread about a little more that would give more people the opportunity to die. :)

My only comment would be to make sure they happen at various times during the day. This is the second invasion I've missed because I'm at work and can't take the time to fight monsters. Clearly there are times during a 24 hour day when more people are on and when less people are on. But if invasions can be spread about a little more that would give more people the opportunity to die. :)

Well thats just bad luck. Not sure what timezone you are in but we'll see about running some more, as you may not be the only person.

Just a note, on this current invasion, Portland was dedicated mostly to lower levels, ferans, bears and later trolls/cycs, but that was few and far between.

I had fun :P

Maybe more of each monster? It was awefully crowded and I was lucky to get 2 or 3 of one, or none at all...till the clops clubbed me :)

Anyways...thanks for the fun, guys! ^_^

It's kinda deadly if you go into a fort to kill ogres, you stand there looking around if there's more and suddenly you're surrounded by fluffs :) . It's probably better not to get much stronger monsters in the same spot all of a sudden - don't know what would be the best way to do it though.

Different timezones would be good for more people, lots of Europeans missed both last invasions probably because they're pretty late for us.

I missed the last one due to working 4-midnight cst (usa)..but the one before that was cool..i kinda logged in in the middle of it and ssjgohan had to warn me, but I got a few kills in :)

i dont reayl like invasions, cuz u dont earn much things of it

I missed another one?!? :)

I probably average nearly half the day logged into EL... and I can only recall having seen two invasions on the main server(one which happened to be too high a level for me, but I went anyway; the other was part of a RP session, so that's a bit different)

sigh :(

oh the fun i miss! dammit, wish i could have been there folks....remember me?? Pennifuin? Remember me? huh?

hehe, get a mac client compiled soon please, i miss you guys...*sob*...

Invasions are unbelievbly fun, even if you do get pwned. and tanyia you still wearing pennwear? hope you are 'keeping it real', you too placid.

oh and ttl, pm me!

This is my big problem on some invasions:

Higher stuff (over orc) is too high for much of the general population.

Middle stuff (orcs/armed gobs?) are rather fewer and farther in between.

Lower stuff (gargs down) tend to suffer the same problems as current spawns of these monsters - too many people, too few monsters.

IOW, a little more balance needs to be achieved in what there is to fight in invasions - fields of chimerans and fluffies will tear most people apart, except a few (and if 5 spawn in an area where 4 people are, no one's gonna team one - except maybe the chims teaming up). Only a few of these are really that needed. Mediums could use some more - this would account to the slightly more people that can take them. Lower levels need to be constantly put out in abundance, to account for where the bulk of players are.

Effectively, a pyramid as such should probably be maintained generally:

Fluffys and Chims

Ogres, Trolls, Cycs (and similar)

Orcs, Armed Gobs (and similar)

Gargoyles and lower

and that's my idea.

- too late for europeans

- too spreaded - i was running through all those map, and get like 3-4 monster in whole invasion

- too few - there were many more players than monsters in each invasion - i was lucky if i could kill 1 monster, before whole invasion was slaughtered, next time call it player invasion.... have you ever seen invading army to be much smaller than army beeing invaded ?:/

- i guess too much of chims, chim hunters were in advantage, because there are not a lot people able to kill chim easy comparing to all people taking part in invasion

Edited by Gen_Axis

the invashion was fun, but it's not fun when you get ganged up on by 4 chims :)

I would rather said it is fun until u r not atted by arctic ones.

Was cool..but...........you fight 2 chims and sudenly *poof* and 15-20 mountains and some strayed arctic ;p and u got kinda owned ouch :(

And one tip - summon arctic chims only on multi-combat maps.

Plz more invasions like this one :P

What about summoning like 50 fluffies on kf - more ppl will be happy :wub:

Edited by NitageR

It was really cool when about 20 cycs appeared suddenly and started killing everyone around heh

It should be more interesting though if the next monsters don't appear after you kill the current ones. Lets say 1-2 monsters come every second for about a minute. It would be much more challenging if there are 100 ogres for example on a multi fighting map. People will actually have to work together to kill them.

Then there could be some goal. Like "defend the castle and don't allow the monsters to reach the center of the town". And if the players fail to achieve the goal then there could be some punishment for everyone. For example the map could be unavailble to enter for the next 24 hours. Or there could be high level monsters for the next 24 hours on that map etc.

i got in-game in the middle of the invasion (i think) and there where 2 many High lvl monsters then middle or low lvled ones and there where 2 few of em 2.

More gargs and gobs never seen a fem orc so throw in them 2 :)

There should be a larger amount of monsters in the invasion 2, even if it only took u less then a minute 2 get there they where all dead.

All in all it was way fun tho and i really hope i'm able 2 particapate in the next one 2! :D

Edited by Entris

Part of the reason I ran this invasion is because most are done during US daytime/peak times, and some of us European people miss 'em :-)

My only complaint is the newbs who waited around with dis rings to steal your spoils when you die. It pisses me off.

I can understand the annoyance, but there is very little that can be done about it. Thats the risk you take.

yep newbs r anoying, u fight multiple monsters the same time, and some die and u cant take the bags yet cuz ur in fight position, then newbs get it ;(

at least make all fights able to multi fight for a temporary thing or something like that. I can HELP take chims on if i can multi fight, but not solo. Make it more of a team effort cause some can do it all alone, while others have to rely on eachter to help out.

You CAN multi fight them.

About the thing: There are more players than monsters ... It's really true, I took this pic with racoon spawn:

untitled12tq.jpg

And it was very lame to get an invasion of ogres after it ... and even an artic chim ... Many newbies and non-fighters died there (like me) I would like to kill a lot of low level monsters (lower than orcs) because there weren't a lot of these monsters now ...

could invasions be announced a few days prior, e.g. on the forums?

Or were they already and I just didn't see it?

Getting asked your opinion about something you didn't know happened is frustrating :-)