Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

New magic weapons (idea, need suggestions/feedbak)

there's stuff in the current list of perks you could use. like body pericing (maybe a less frequent version, which stacks with BP cape), mirror, evanescense (more for a staff than sword), etc

should these weapons, magic as they are, all have power hungry? (and a version that stacks, so already PH players lose 5/min)

I really think that we should leave current items & perks out of this. Too much overlapping is no fun. Make these unique items! :)

well, originally I was gonna say an extra sharp weapon, then I realised it would act like BP.

okay, something new... increased chance to break opponents' gear (weapons on defend, if possible... armour on striking)

a chance to do the magic/hot/cold damage (not all the time, but it will pick one at random now and then and do a fair bit). could add poison & physical damage bonus to that list

'vampiric' weapons, for health, mana, and maybe even food. in fact, just draining opponents' food and mana(just think, a magehunters' sword!) without getting it yourself could be handy

weapons that distract/demortalise/whatever your opponent. each hit can decrease accuracy/defence/criticals(as seen in #arm) or basic attributes / skills by 1 . these will come back 1 per minute of course

weapons of contact/whatever. halved chance to run away, and a 20% chance the opponents' diss rings won't work(has to be rare, more likely to break, or not work on multi-maps)

weapons that have no chance (or a lot lower) to be dropped/broken (add a rosto to your sword?)

Would the magic staffs be two-handed weapons, like the current staffs in game? If so, they could offer unique bonuses that you lose by not being able to wear your shield. There would also be different effects depending on if you're the attacker or you're being attacked, and how many enemies there are.

Magical Staffs

Ray of Light - Your magic staff projects the heat of the sun directly onto the attacker, causing thermal or magic damage and/or rendering one piece of armour useless for 2-10 seconds.

-Tornado Strike - 1.5x or 2x the normal damage to the player you are attacking, plus extra damage to those within a certain radius of the player you are attacking

Or, if you are attacked

- Clouded Vision - attackers accuracy seriously reduced for 2-10 seconds... any hits the attacker does make during this time, the damage is halved.

- Blizzard - similar to the above, except it affects all surrounding attackers, maybe lasting longer.

As for magical axes:

A 2-5% chance extra fire, ice or magic damage occurs on the next strike.

A 1-3% chance thermal damage occurs on the next strike.

Whirlwind - Reduced damage dealt to all surrounding attackers.

Thor's Hammer - A huge amount of damage dealt, but the weapon instantly degrades 2 levels (see below).

Poison Ivy - As someone suggested, poison damage (faster than the poison spell currently in-game though).

Valhalla's Minions - Extremely rare chance to summon the strongest monster on the map you're fighting on.

Freya's Light - Extremely rare chance to smite a Valhalla's Minion.

That's all for now, I'll think of some more tomorrow.

Edit: I forgot to mention about the degrading of weapons. Every time one of these spells are cast, the weapon becomes degraded. There would have to be several stages of degrading, so that the weapon becomes weaker or spells become weaker, and eventually break. Depending on how rare these new weapons are, you could either make them non-repairable, or have them layered in cost for repair, example:

Degraded 1 level - cost to repair 10k.

Degraded 2 levels - cost to repair 8k.

Degraded 3 levels - cost to repair 5k

Degraded 4 levels - cost to repair 2.5k

Edited by Gunslingers

The weapons that we use are very pridictable atm, we either hit, or we miss. What about a

Staff of Chaos:

Small chance of teleporting your opponent to somewhere else on the map.

VERY small chance of teleporting your opponent onto a different map (but not IP).

VERY small chance of being teleported away to a random place on the map.

(If fighting a player)

Small chance of destroying a ros stone

Chance of harming for 5 hp

Chance of draining 5 mana (you wouldn't receive any extra mana)

Chance of turning and hitting the user

VERY small chance of "stealing" an item from your opponent.

(If fighting an animal)

Small chance of changing the animal into a different type (It would keep its current hp though)

Small chance of hyptonism (would make it friendly like a summon)

Small chance of missing and hitting the user.

VERY small chance of duplicating the animal (fighting one bunny, turns into five bunnies who attack at the same time, whether as a chimmie might become two chimmies).

Thats it for the moment.

More added

Edited by Dunian

I like the chaos sword...

Ok, we have books of goblin fighting, ect. why not imp-lmplement similar weapons? this would be good for pkers, as that all powerful buddy they can't beat might be taken down a few pegs with say a sword of dragonei fighting

poison weapons and bleeding weapons pwn

weapons that reduce enemy a/d by 5 is kinda lame if u ask me

So far, I liked all ideas I read, except Gunslinger - nice idea, but how about instead of Norse mythology we use EL-

Thor's Hammer --> Glydoc's Hammer

Valhalla's Minions --> Selain's Minions

Freya's Light - Aluwen's Light

A thought of my own - maybe a Staff of the Gods - Has a chance while in battle of delivering a special attack based on the player's god(s) served.

• Some possible god effects:
  • Aluwen - Heaven's Rain (would give a restoration to the player of material and etherial points)
  • Glydoc - Divine Retribution (one hit damage increased by 50%)
  • Glilin - Smith's Might (destroy/degrade one item (randomly) currently equiped by an opponent, or if not possible, can repair a damaged/destroyed item lost in that battle)
  • Unolas - Advanced Knowledge (boost in a/d vs. enemy for duration of battle)
  • Selain - Selain's Minion (Using Guns' idea)
  • Mortos - Curse of Darkness (all hostile units in a given range (monsters on any map, players not of same guild on PK maps) take a hit equal to one attack from the player; unit being fought takes double damage)
  • (For someone) - Polygamorphy - all opposing entities in combat are randomly changed in appearance (maybe even stats) to a random creature for the duration of the fight.

Also, another thought I had, was maybe make a couple amulets (*or medallions, if you prefer) to mitigate the effect:

Amulet* of Reflection - 50% chance to reflect an opponent's "weapon magic" back onto the opponent.

Amulet* of Refraction - mitigates 25-75% of "weapon magic" damage.

Just a couple ideas I had.

here my ideas....

-X chance give to make X damage bonus (ex:5/10/20)

-X chance poison ur enemy x damage/sec; x time (ex: 1/2/3 damage/sec; 5/10/15 time)

-X chance to decrease in acuraty in x time

-X chance to steal life X% of damage u make on enemy (ex: 30% of damage)

-Steal life X% of damage every hit (ex:5/10% of damage)

-X chance to hit ur enemy twice

-X chance to chain with lighting ur enemy X damage (ex:5/10 damage and chain no need mana[ free chain laighting] )

-Burn ur X mana every hit (ex:1/2/3 mana per hit )

-X chance to make damage and harm ur enemy same time/ free harm

-X chance to make mirror image [ 75% of ur stats, time limit like summon creatures ]

-X chance to curse ur enemy X secs, he cant use any magic (ex: 5/10/15 secs)

-X chance to make ur enemy take X damage for X secs from all hit and from all who att him(ex:3/4/5 damage; 5/10/15/20 secs)

-X chance to degrade/broke some item theat enemy has equiped on himself

THX:)

Nice idea, Entropy, i'll bitch if you DON'T do it ;-)

This idea is quite common actually, certainly in MUDs etc.

Perhaps idea's like modifications to the wielder, like temporary heal, or additional experience gained?

I like the chaos sword...

Ok, we have books of goblin fighting, ect. why not imp-lmplement similar weapons? this would be good for pkers, as that all powerful buddy they can't beat might be taken down a few pegs with say a sword of dragonei fighting

I wouldnt like to see sword of draegoni fighting cause well.... I want an advantage over humans lol

what about sword of death. each his has 2% chance of instant death. very rare though

Do you plate battleon? balde of awe has a 1% chance...................still havent got instant death ;\

These would be cooler with animations, like hurricane and tornado, the screen is filled with a spiral of swirly death, lightning would be like Chain Lightning from Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne, Blizzard, the screen fills with shards of ice and snow in a swirling mass, etc. And I wonder how the magic system will work out, this might help me think a little.

I love those ideas, nice new items are always good.

Whats about the "cursed combat bone of Mortos"?

Should look like a mix of a bone and an iron battle hammer, and each time the player scores a hit, the enemy gets some damage and is teleported 2-3 squares away?

Would be not really usable for combat, but funny imo. ;)

Piper

Would these be created from Modifiable Weapons, by embedding an Enhanced Essence (or other exotica*)? In which case every combination of weapon type and enhancing component would give unique behaviour (derived from EL mythology). Even if they are not all "filled in" to start with.

It would be rather nice if everything a player can create could have either a modifiable or enhanced form; every combination a potential exotic or magical item with unique properties. Enough scope for all character professions and types?

* eg., serpent stones, enhanced gems (polishing), feathers and other rare monster drops, etc.

Would these be created from Modifiable Weapons, by embedding an Enhanced Essence (or other exotica*)? In which case every combination of weapon type and enhancing component would give unique behaviour (derived from EL mythology). Even if they are not all "filled in" to start with.

It would be rather nice if everything a player can create could have either a modifiable or enhanced form; every combination a potential exotic or magical item with unique properties. Enough scope for all character professions and types?

* eg., serpent stones, enhanced gems (polishing), feathers and other rare monster drops, etc.

Thats a good idea, but remember we do not want to bring up too much in this post. This is just about weapons. :)

I like the idea of being able to throw bones at eachother causing one damage. It would be fun to run around the arena throwing bones at eachother. :( (I am Imagining the LNX Arena.)

I like the idea of being able to throw bones at eachother causing one damage. It would be fun to run around the arena throwing bones at eachother. :) (I am Imagining the LNX Arena.)

Lol. The arena would be a diffrent place.

How about a spirit weapon, that has a very low chance of summoning its bound spirit.

Example being a cyclops spirit blade which on striking would have a (insert rediculously low percentage chance here) of summoning a clops to aid its wielder.

Well thats my tuppensworth...

How about a magus staff, that when held increases mana regen by +1, or maybe even a +2? Possibly even make it have a decent damage spread. It would be similiar to the fast regen perk, but it only effects mana, and only when the staff is held (just having it in your inventory wont do anything).

Edited by TheMadToker

I love the idea of magic weapons.. just one request.. make them manuable only or rare drop only.. not both. We have already seen what happens to the value of manuable items when monsters drop them (Tit long).

I look forward to the new weapons :D

How about a spirit weapon, that has a very low chance of summoning its bound spirit.

Example being a cyclops spirit blade which on striking would have a (insert rediculously low percentage chance here) of summoning a clops to aid its wielder.

Well thats my tuppensworth...

Yup. This is a great idea.

Or just a blade that can steal things from inventory. :) Dagger of stealth. If you fight a player while using it you have a chance to take potions, HE, rings or whatever else they have in their inventory. Ohh fun.