Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

New magic weapons (idea, need suggestions/feedbak)

Someone (sorry, forgot who) proposed a few days ago to make some magic weapons with spells embedded in them.

So I have an idea:

Make some weapons (for example the two magic staffs and some magic axes that are in the client but are not curently used) that will have some 'spells' embedded in them.

Basically, each magic item will have a chance (different chance/item) to cast a spell on the opponent when it hits.

I was thinking of the following spells:

1. Weaken: remove 5 attack and 5 defense (temporary, of couse).

2. Life steal

3. Mana steal

4. Stun (make the opponent lose a few combat turns)

5. ?

6. ?

7. ?

So, come up with ideas, and I would like to know if you would bitch if such weapons are implemented.

P.S. We will not sell those weapons for real money, and they will be manufacturable (with some very rare items).

P.P.S. This will get implemented after the cooldowns, so those leaving because of the cooldowns will miss this :P

Edited by Entropy

I think it sounds good. Will they use mana skill? and if so how hard would they be to make?

Hmm an idea, how about one that could create a sheild if used?

The four you have listed are negative to the opposing player. How about some positive ones?

Sanctuary: Cause half damage on a low chance

Bless: +5Attack/Defense low chance

First Strike: Deals it damage first. (could be a lesser addition)

And of course people would love it if spells/perks were bound to weapons.

Possibly these weapons should have some negatives too, so that they balance out.

Edited by Brom

This will be great! :-)

If they will be really rare and powerful. could be troublesome for the server to allow the manufacturers typing a name and personalize each magic weapon? (yes, i'm thinking in Stormbringer the famous mana drainer :-) )

Amazing idea, would add a classic element that make RPGs awesome :D

A few more ideas you could use:

Have an ice based one that can cast a freeze spell when in battle. If disengage, the opponent cannot move from their spot for 20 seconds (like using a dis ring on them, only longer)

Heal User

High chance of casting remote heal when in battle. This could also expand to healing nearby guildmates and summons (could be quite useful with the new cooldowns)

I'm not to sure about this idea but maybe banishing too? Like when fighting, it has a random chance to send all your opponents (players and not creatures) to the portals room?

The four you have listed are negative to the opposing player. How about some positive ones?

Sanctuary: Cause half damage on a low chance

Bless: +5Attack/Defense low chance

And of course people would love it if spells/perks were bound to weapons.

Possibly these weapons should have some negatives too, so that they balance out.

positive effects fit better in armors, triggerd when hit...

problem may be when your packing multiple armor items that have a spell in them :D

solution may be to only have the chest/torso armors hold a spelll...

this kinda reminds me of evil islands.

there you basicly have 3 groups of 3 attack spells, and a bunch of defensive and utility spells. each spell can take a number of runes that modify the spell...

the spells can either be cast by the user directly or put into weapons and armors for casting under diffrent conditions (again set by the runes applyed to the spell).

im hard pressed to come up with more effects then those that entropy lists...

perhaps a staff of disengage, so that there are more options than 'just the rings' *yeah yeah it's a concession to the bitching PKers, but it's really not such an idiotic though*

Actually 'Use' the staff, so that it also has a cooldown period also.

Another thing I'd like to see is a Healing Staff :D Where each hit has a chance of healing rather than damaging, so it's good for training. Perhaps the Careful Guy or No More Tears perks could increase the chance of healing also.

Edited by Kirianthis

i like the idea on more magic weapons, but most the idea of the magic staffs, but you'd need both damaging spells on them aswell as healing spells and protection spells on them

Hmmm.. Now here's an idea...You mentioned stun above..well that woud be useful in combat, with the exception of having to swap out weapons..sooo why not make a new ring? a Stun Ring?..Keep the current diss ring as is, but make this one that will stun all attacking opponents, say for 5 seconds, giving you the chance to escape...

Just an idea to help with the plight of not being able to escape battle when the cooldown takes affect.

so what you're saying is say i'd like to heal my friend in battle with an enemy i'd have to atk him to let the healing get triggered? so mainly i gotta twack him with my staff to heal? that sounds strange really..

also if you're making more weapons, why not make weapons of certain monster slaying

for example: titanium short sword of ogre slaying

+ 5 A/D VS ogres

and maybe some other benefits like less damage and perhaps such things could be put on armor too for example: steel shield of ogre blocking

higher chance of blocking/dodging attacks on ogres and reduces damage from hits

these are just ideas tho

so what you're saying is say i'd like to heal my friend in battle with an enemy i'd have to atk him to let the healing get triggered? so mainly i gotta twack him with my staff to heal? that sounds strange really..

err, entropy never said anything about healing staffs and similar positive effects. that was someone else doing a brainstorm...

what entropy wants are weapons that have a chance of putting a extra negative effect on whoever gets hit by it...

A weapon that summons creatures? Perhaps creatures that are not normally summonable, Goblins, Trolls.

A weapon that double strikes

A weapon that controls itself, turning into an opponet, letting the player run away who was first wielding it.

Now that's a cool idea :-)

Some various magic effect with 'normal' enchanted weapons.

You can make it also cast temporary curse on enemy: random negative perk for XX minutes, that you will be able to remove (the curse) only by god you serve :-) So fighting with it (that weapon) with someone for longer will make him have all neg perks if he is out of luck :-)

I like this idea.

I think that adding magic spells to a weapon should be a crafting skill rather than a manufacturing skill. That is, a manufacturer makes the weapon, then a crafter adds a spell to it. That will make crafting a more useful skill (beyond just rings and medallions).

Since weapons are to damage/kill people, I think any spells they carry should be negative. Basically, the negative of all the magic/potions you would use on yourself: drain health, drain mana, decrease skill (att and/or def), etc.

One additional effect a magic weapon could have is an increased chance of destroying some piece off armor on the person hit with it. This might also help manufacturing economy as more stuff will be destroyed in PK battle.

I think it sounds cool :hehe: It would be nice to have magic armor that deflected damage back to the enemy and or healed you when being struck aswell :D

lightning sword. if the hit is successful and you are being gang banged then all players who are attacking you get the damage.

Good idea. Do you by any chance play DotA?

It should take Ethereal points from the weapon user when one of these special effects occur.

Edited by Hazor

Here's one for a spell: Freeze: Temporarily renders the opponent frozen, whitch means they cannot cast a spell, use a item, attack or defend for X amount of time. The chance of this starts at 50, but can be reduced to a minimum of 1%.