Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Items cooldown

well i think no1 who posted "it's so cool" here is figher.Can u realize what it will do with pking?if u can use srs or diss ring after 10sec u cant escape before 2 stronger players. i mean that no1 will risk that and all pk maps will be empty. i will rather try to flee than use diss ring and no1 will buy damage rings anymore. it's not critism. i spent long time in pk and i'm telling u guys that if some1 has thermal serp and u can use diss once per 10sec u r dead man....

but "it's so cool".....

they need a ring that does diss&teleport so you can actually get away...

Cool down for rings will change combat for sure, one question, will you be able to use two different rings back to back, say a dis ring and tele ring?

How the cooldowns will work:

There will be cooldown categories: Food, health, mana, teleport rings, damage rings, diss rings, and skill increasing pot rings.

When an item with a cooldown is used, there will be a delay for using ANY item in that category, equal with the cooldown of the item used.

<snip>

P.S. Any questions that were already answered in this post will be deleted.

I read that once, but must have been sleepy and missed it ;)

well that will definately affect combat, and change the way ppl fight!

Will be great for ppl with "newbie" bag jumping characters, the training area's will be crawling with them

Not critism, just a suggestion before this gets implemented:

Newbies will not have read this thread and will probably not understand the system at all. Maybe give them until 12 OA or so before CoolDown starts?

There is a chance to have #reset abuse, shouldn't use OA, maybe any stat over a certain amount instead of OA.

Not critism, just a suggestion before this gets implemented:

Newbies will not have read this thread and will probably not understand the system at all. Maybe give them until 12 OA or so before CoolDown starts?

There is a chance to have #reset abuse, shouldn't use OA, maybe any stat over a certain amount instead of OA.

that'll be even more confusing... I don't think it will be too hard for them to figure out what's going on

hmmm.... u wont have mana... u use all mana... u dis( 10 secs coolddown)... i cant use any mana pots till 10 secs....

a enemy with thermal can kill me fast 1-4 secs...... so will be cool!

Come pk and i show u....if u soo good fighter ;) ????

LOL, relax :-)

In that example there, you wont be able to diss. again for however many seconds, but you WILL be able to restore mana once (using a SR). Therefore you have another chance of restoring (after the first cast).

Now I understand that in reality, its going to be a little different, as it doesn't necessarily work like that.

I think you've misunderstood the fact that CATEOGORIES will be locked, NOT everything. So if I use a dis. ring, that doesn't lock my use of SRS, SRS use is only locked once I USE an SR.

lol guys who dont pk... u should shut up! :angry2:

This affects non fighters as well...maybe fighters should come up for air once in a while and see how the other half lives ;)

And no1 talk of mana drain!!!! If u are in a fight and some1 mana drain u... and u can get 1 srs per 10 secs and drain each 2... u will have all the time 0 mana =)

Ok, lets see, pking is not only thing to do in el. I like manu, and alch too, so if i want to lvl i need a lot of items made, lets say the exp per items is bigger. SO the items are less but a lot too if i want to reach LL. So lvling will be imposible. Like alc if i want to do 1k he's i will need 9k of food thats 450 fruit. Each he's take like 3 sec thats 50 min. Now i need 10 sec for food, so that will put like 75 min to eat all the food i need.

p.S.: in 10 seconds you deal much more damage than a full-restore can recover, thats a fact!

Yea, that makes sense... I think it will change pvp drastically.

But I don't think it'll destroy the game, I think most people somehow will get used to the new system. I for one won't stop playing... I think most people also won't stop.

Enthropy, I guess you should have made the month a month and a half, the half after your posting and before implemented, and the month of trials. I will stay the course, it will change the way I do things yes, maybe it will make this the best chat room ever, but I will stick it out. The game is still in development, some mistakes will be made during this period, is this one of them, maybe but maybe not. It might be a mistake, but they have learned from their mistakes, adjusted them and made this game more dificult, but enjoyable. So give it a chance, see what happens, if you don't like it, don't play.... If you love this game like I do, you will give it a chance, stop whining, and wait till you can add some constructive critism that will help continue improving this game

okay, lets review a couple of points. XP gain from manu/etc will go up a few times over. you ill still be able to level without much more effort (maybe it'll be a bit easier, maybe harder, but not a big diff).

you just have less to sell at the end(but the demand goes up, so prices do too)

those who are looking at only the PK side need to get a wider view. there's a lot more to EL than fighting.

the examplesgiven how if there's several opponents and diss rings not being a garunteed escape anymore, etc... so what? IRL, if you get ganged up on, don't expect to win. This change, hopefully, will increase the player interaction as far as fighting

this isn't to say that I'm overly keen on the cooldown, I think it's a good idea, but I expect there'll be a fair bit of need for fine-tuning, and there will be some hassles as it happens

but please. consider it all first

okay, lets review a couple of points. XP gain from manu/etc will go up a few times over. you ill still be able to level without much more effort (maybe it'll be a bit easier, maybe harder, but not a big diff).

you just have less to sell at the end(but the demand goes up, so prices do too)

those who are looking at only the PK side need to get a wider view. there's a lot more to EL than fighting.

the examplesgiven how if there's several opponents and diss rings not being a garunteed escape anymore, etc... so what? IRL, if you get ganged up on, don't expect to win. This change, hopefully, will increase the player interaction as far as fighting

this isn't to say that I'm overly keen on the cooldown, I think it's a good idea, but I expect there'll be a fair bit of need for fine-tuning, and there will be some hassles as it happens

but please. consider it all first

i dont know situation in your country but i can say that it never happened to me that 3 guys with thermals swords gang up me in real :P sorry but i must say that.......comparing game with real life is just stupid.

i dont know situation in your country but i can say that it never happened to me that 3 guys with thermals swords gang up me in real :P sorry but i must say that.......comparing game with real life is just stupid.

:P no, hasn't happened to me IRL... nor in-game, actually

sometimes it's silly to compare RL to game... sometimes not. when you have something that's totally unrealistic without a reason(magic has reason, being able to defend against 8 people as well as against 2 doesn't), maybe it's time to consider it again

maybe i don't understand it but if diss rings and tele rings are in diferent category... Can't you use the old method of diss and tele to save you from be PKed???

maybe i don't understand it but if diss rings and tele rings are in diferent category... Can't you use the old method of diss and tele to save you from be PKed???

only when attacked by one enemy, if there are more than one, you need to use several dissrings before you can tele out.

thx all i'm newbie and need to learn a lot of things :-)

like i said...we can try it. if u escape from me and matess with diss ring, srs and magic after 10sec(i take them like different categories) i will say "cooldown system is so cool" :P

If you and matess in perfect combination attack me... i think it will be not fair that i had ANY option :-)

it isn'tcool... it is nessecery... if ppl dont complain there wont be any fine tuning... then ppl wont like the game(atleast a lot wont offcourse some will) and that will cost this game its name and players... DOH think before typing :lol:

now now, you think too. the devs play EL as well, and will do their best to make EL work well. for their own benefit now as well as for the continuation of the game

changes will happen, and there will be bigger ones than this. some players on't like them, some will.

also remember that the devs have to think about what's best for the game in the long run, not what will make players happy in the short term. that's important too, but not at the expense of the long term. give everyone 100k for xmas.. they're happy now, shortly after the economy dies, and soon EL is in a lot of troubles with prices all over the place. that sort of thing

If they want a social game make it a chat room with something like a trivia or stuff... EL is a role playing game but its based on both sides... not just on the social part... altho EL has one of the best communities ive ever seen it also has a good lvling system and they can't go screwing that up without screwing up the game itself...

EL is in beta. experiments happen. if they work, good, the game gets better. if not, we go back. some players won't have enjoyed it, but considering that that game is still going, the decisions overall have turned out a pretty good game

it isn'tcool... it is nessecery... if ppl dont complain there wont be any fine tuning... then ppl wont like the game(atleast a lot wont offcourse some will) and that will cost this game its name and players... DOH think before typing :lol:

now now, you think too. the devs play EL as well, and will do their best to make EL work well. for their own benefit now as well as for the continuation of the game

changes will happen, and there will be bigger ones than this. some players on't like them, some will.

also remember that the devs have to think about what's best for the game in the long run, not what will make players happy in the short term. that's important too, but not at the expense of the long term. give everyone 100k for xmas.. they're happy now, shortly after the economy dies, and soon EL is in a lot of troubles with prices all over the place. that sort of thing

If they want a social game make it a chat room with something like a trivia or stuff... EL is a role playing game but its based on both sides... not just on the social part... altho EL has one of the best communities ive ever seen it also has a good lvling system and they can't go screwing that up without screwing up the game itself...

EL is in beta. experiments happen. if they work, good, the game gets better. if not, we go back. some players won't have enjoyed it, but considering that that game is still going, the decisions overall have turned out a pretty good game

I agree with you on the last... and i know devs play the game to... but dont you think a change that will make EL loose players is good on the long term? i for one lost a LOT of friends after the big crash then came the delay thing and i lost some more... this isn't fun and loosing these players isn't good for EL either... I know you will say for every 100 that leave we get 200 back now but thats BS and you know it... my point is that even in the long term this prolly wont work out... i will also try it first offcourse but have you tried playing games with cooldown rates? most items dont go longer then 5 Secs cause it ruins it when its longer... but this is all my opinion the ones posting here aint all the players in EL... well see what happens... I wonder how many leave this time tho...

Hype

Edited by Hyperion

If they leave over an item cooldown issue, it'll be pretty pathetic. Who cares if there's an item cooldown. I'm happy that the devs are at least updating the game. I've played a load of mmorpgs that were beta and never updated after the 1st year. Most creators give up on there mmorps in the 1st year. Everyone knows the item cooldown isn't the greatest idea but I say we should at least just try it out for a while. Maybe it will end up being a good thing once they fix it a little

0|\/|F6, |7'5 50 <001!!!11!! (my poor example of 1337 :P)

Tsk tsk, such a debate. The point of this cooldown is to change the strategy of the game. You may not be able to make things as quickly, thanks to the food cooldown, but the (hopefully) increased experience per item should make up for it, thus lessening the need for mass manufacturing and less items on the market, causing prices to rise if demand keeps steady or increases.

As for PKers, you may also have to change your strategy. Obviously, being double-teamed is bad :P Logically, you should not be able to escape, unless you are a lot more powerful than either of them (or if you think you're Jackie Chan :)). Otherwise, you can use a strategy that switches between using spells, using potions, and using rings (if ttlanhil is correct and only categories of items are locked during the cooldown). The important thing to remember is that this is an experiment, to see what happens and what new strategies people come up with, both on the PK and on the manu/jewelry/alchemy sides.

Just because you can't use your old strategies doesn't mean you can't figure out new ones ^_^

I know you will say for every 100 that leave we get 200 back now but thats BS and you know it... my point is that even in the long term this prolly wont work out... i will also try it first offcourse but

no, I'm not saying that. what I'm saying is that if a couple dozen people leave after first trying the cooldown without giving it time to be sorted out, but the game itself gets better... well...

0|\/|F6, |7'5 50 <001!!!11!! (my poor example of 1337 :P)

pass the cluebat

Obviously, being double-teamed is bad :P Logically, you should not be able to escape, unless you are a lot more powerful than either of them (or if you think you're Jackie Chan :))

no... best option... two-team them back! social interaction, even between PKers. team battles. all that jazz