Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LadyWolf

Here's something you don't see everyday

Everyone always posting : "he took my spawn, waaaah"...Well I was training in TG today and had to run and restock..I came back and vampireLOREN had taken the spawn..I was content to go somewhere else, but he offered to give it back to me..I asked if he wanted to share, but he insisted I take the spawn back..Had guild business come up so I couldn't, but just thought I would post a good deed ;)

Thanks for offering me the spwn back vampy :)

*smacks mrmind in the back of the head* Did I once say he stole my spawn?? I just thought it was chivalrous that he offered to give me the spawn back even tho I really had no claim to it.

He mean, basicly, u never steal any spawn cuz its not some1s property

so u cant give a spawn if its not urs ;), u cant steal, give something u dont have

She didn't say he stole it. She said he had taken it after she left and offered to give it to her when she got back. (I'm curious what other choice of words one would use for this perfectly normal sequence of events here, at least normal until the part where she comes back ;) )

Anyway, yes, that is a very nice gesture. :D

I came back and vampireLOREN had "taken" the spawn..

Taken = stolen.. :/ difference? ..

Well...when you go to a spawn and start killing whatever, how would you phrase it? You don't really "use" a spawn...

steal

verb stole (past tense), stolen (past participle), stealing (present participle)

tr & intr

1. To take away (another person's property) without permission or legal right, especially secretly.

take

* v

1. In an active sense; To lay hold of; to seize with the hands, or otherwise; to grasp; to get into one's hold or possession; to procure; to seize and carry away; to convey.

that was really nice of him,

i do that as well, even when i find someones death bag at a spawn that i want to go train at, i always give them back the spawn ;)

-kat

Yea!! Aisy gets a cookie..she used her head for something other than a hat rack ;) Yes he "took over" the spawn, which he had every right to do, but my point was, that most woud not offer to give up a spawn to someone like that..

Other people who will not be named would call taking over a spawn, "spawn stealing". I'm glad that everyone who replied to this topic did not. It shows who has real sense, and who does not...

Edited by Mr.Mind

I'm using your thread, LW ^_^

Tonight an ogre beat my hiney and fisher_kl saved my db with lots of goodies in it. He returned everything, down to the last bone :)

Anyways, I wanted to publicly thank him for it.

Once again, it's not expected, but greatly appreciated :)

Why not pin this thread? we have an out laws section..why not start a thread at least for good doers?

Think someone already suggested this awhile back - and it wasn't accepted then.

In VotD where the 3 wolves spawn, I sometimes wait for all 3 wolves to re-spawm together with a bunch of other people.

When one dead wolf disintegrates every1 starts moving until they find the spawnpoint.

When we see it every1 tries to get there as fast as possible and click on it with the sword-icon.

You see 1 character starts to fight and the others turn around and get back in "spawn-watch-status".

Sometimes people give commentaries in local chat like "go get 'em" "you got him. Congratz".

> That's fun !! :P

well, that got kind of rediculous, I dont see why anyone cared if it was give or take, anywayz I applaude Vamp

Thank you..... but it was just a simple decision...LW is a really nice person and

always helps players.

Bump

I was bag jumped yesterday and lost a Plate Torso and a Serp. While this should have left me po-ed for the rest of the day, but the awesome response of everybody on C2 actually left me in a good mood. Special thanks to Desdamona for some replacement armor to use.

The above and beyond award goes to Dunian who wanted to give me a replacement serp . I had to browbeat him to accept payment. He them pmmed me several times when he found the location of someone who may have been associatted.

What could have been a real crappy day just didn't seen so bad. Thanks to everyone who posted a "that sucks man" on channel 14.

...and Dunian, whoa thanks for the gesture...awsome :)