Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Promose

Map editor doesnt work

Hi, i know you dont need anymore map makers but I want to fix my map editor just in case you start on the third continent and need more people :blush: . ok here's the problem-when i try to open up the map editor it says this-"this application failed to start because libgtk-win32-2.0-0.dll was not found" what do i do :) i've been trying to get it to work for weeks now but it just wont go...oh and #2 why i want it to work is i just want to make maps for the heck of it and see how good i am at it ;) . Thanks!

*EDIT* please dont tell me to download it in the EL directory cause i tried-it doesnt work :) *EDIT END*

Edited by Promose

*EDIT* please dont tell me to download it in the EL directory cause i tried-it doesnt work ;) *EDIT END*

too bad. "libgtk-win32-2.0-0.dll" is only required by the wrong version. download from the pinned thread into your EL dir, overwriting the current map_editor, and use the new one

English? :hiya: you have to understand, I'm only 12 and the only thing i know about downloading stuff is that you click, say yes to everything and you have it :lol: . but dont get me wrong i DO read the license agreement.

by the way how do i get to my EL directory?

Edited by Promose

download, and open in winzip/whatever. then select "extract" (chose to extract all if need be), then select "C:\Program Files\Eternal Lands" as the directory to extract to. (EL can be installed elsewhere, but if you did so, I assume you know where it is). If you are asked if you wish to overwrite an existing file, say yes.

now that this is done, you may delete the zip file that you first downloaded

i've done that but it says it cant work without sdl.dll...now what? i'm so confused! :)

sdl.dll is part of an eternal lands instalation. if you had extracted the new map editor to your EL directory, it would work

SDL.dll error came up for me also. I downloaded the SDL file from DLL Files.com and saved it in the mapeditor directory. After unzipping it, I was successful in running the program. Good Luck.

SDL.dll error came up for me also. I downloaded the SDL file from DLL Files.com and saved it in the mapeditor directory. After unzipping it, I was successful in running the program. Good Luck.

map editor directory? no, your EL dir is where you should have put the map editor! if you do not put the map editor in the same place as EL, it will not work. don't download anything else

I tried this with winrar a program that i had to DOWNLOAD to make it work, i got it in the screen, tried extracting sdl.dll files into mapeditor and you can gues it didnt work... im getting rally torked off! :angry2:

I tried this with winrar a program that i had to DOWNLOAD to make it work, i got it in the screen, tried extracting sdl.dll files into mapeditor and you can gues it didnt work... im getting rally torked off! :angry2:

extract sdl.dll into map editor... :whistle:

okay, it's harsh, but here it is. You've been given clear and accurate instructions. you haven't listened, or haven't understood. your chances of learning the map editor well are therefore not great(it's not currently obvious or simple, you need to go through the docs/help stuff and experiment a while).

they are also not in need of more map makers.

I suggest you find something else to do