Eternal Lands Official Forums
RolandR1

Is the server down? [SOLVED]

If you can ping the game server (not the web server) by specifying the IP address, but can't connect, then it's either a firewall ot virus scanner getting in the way.

If you can't ping it, it's on or more ISP's between you and the game server that is having problems. The only thing you can do there is complain to your ISP.

well I called comcast... and they said there is nothing wrong with my modem and that everything is looking good. So they told me to disable my firewalls and I did that... And I still can't get on....

why would that happen now and not before though?

Things break. The internet is unstable and supposed to recover from problems like this, but there have been a lot of issues between different ISP not allowing traffic from other ISP's. It might also be that a single critical link has gone done (there are supposed to be none, but human error).

Still can't connect over here. ;/

same...

Same here in FL, USA... Dang..

Oh well.. Always happens when I'm finally getting into something on the 'net.. It was fun while it lasted though! :)

Guess I'll check back every now and then and see..

Enjoyed it so far..

Cya..

ok... and for someone who just wants to play, who REALLY likes this game, who is about to give up... what to do? hope it fixes itself? i have only been playing for 3 weeks and the withdrawal is killing me... :)

No, I solved this problem already with Roland on AIM. The problem is because he is running the game on a limited Windows XP account, and cannot connect to the game server IE game client log in. As soon as he has admin privaleges, he can access the game.

EDIT: lol, didn't see your last post rolly lol

Edited by Ryzin

me n reeve live in the same state (maryland, USA) and we both have the same problem

maybe the admin's can check to see if there is a problem connecting to everyone in that state?

baba

me n reeve live in the same state (maryland, USA) and we both have the same problem

maybe the admin's can check to see if there is a problem connecting to everyone in that state?

baba

Contact your ISP

i normally play with comcast highspeed, but i also have a secondary internet connection, dial-up.

this morning i unhooked the comcast ethernet cable and connected dial-up and was able to connect.

if u have a secondary connection like this, it is worth a try

baba

Guest Jarokh

Still not able to connect normally, but I can, however, connect via a proxy or a socks server.

I Can get on the internet but sadly EL has not darkened my GA Doorstep In 5 Days

If you're using linux, setting up an iptables rule to go through a proxy server would get you playing.

Here's the easiest way I can think of for windows

http://www.socks.nec.com/Download/SocksCapDownload/index.asp

Download that. Free for non-commercial use, and will allow you to change servers in like 2 seconds. In fact it's so simple I actually booted into windows for the first time in forever :shame:

Will allow you to play, and I've had very good luck with servers in france.

You are, however, on your own in finding a socks server. Not hard to find one with google though.

*edit: One good item, you run the program, ie. EL.exe, through the program, and only that program runs through the server.

Edited by llsardonicll

Mucho thanks, Sardonic!!

All I've got to do is find some reliable servers and I'm good. I used one in Spain and actually connected, but it's too slow and the game keeps trying to resync.. But I'll be able to come up with a list of servers to use.

I was pulling my hair out over this. My ISP (Comcast) tried looking into it, but we all traced it to France and then the routing stopped there, like they weren't taking any route requests from the west (or UK) or something.

Tomorrow would've been 6 days without getting on.. At least I got on once so far, so I know it'll work this way.

Thanks again, M8!

I can get on if I try and connect as soon as i get on and then wait about 20 minutes and retry getting on EL then it finally will connect. I dont beleive its my network i mean my ISP is a really bad one but still it works on anything else. I think it maybe a setting of some sort. But I can play if I try once and usally it fails then after wards i just get off the net for like 20 minutes then retry and it will connect!?!?!?! Also I am on alot but lol only a 14 year old people so dont get me with all the server stuff unless you plan to explain it all throughly.

Edited by furtradertyler

I can get on if I try and connect as soon as i get on and then wait about 20 minutes and retry getting on EL then it finally will connect. I dont beleive its my network i mean my ISP is a really bad one but still it works on anything else. I think it maybe a setting of some sort. But I can play if I try once and usally it fails then after wards i just get off the net for like 20 minutes then retry and it will connect!?!?!?! Also I am on alot but lol only a 14 year old people so dont get me with all the server stuff unless you plan to explain it all throughly.

This sounds more like your Norton Anti-Virus is sometimes blocking you. There is a known issue with Norton where it will sometimes have a false alert and it blocks the site.

Oh really stupid nortan i must have to disenage it, I shall try as i return to my humble abid after my education is done for the day. I also have like Safe zone or zonealert to but I dont think it runs.

If you're using linux, setting up an iptables rule to go through a proxy server would get you playing.

Here's the easiest way I can think of for windows

http://www.socks.nec.com/Download/SocksCapDownload/index.asp

Download that. Free for non-commercial use, and will allow you to change servers in like 2 seconds. In fact it's so simple I actually booted into windows for the first time in forever :shame:

Will allow you to play, and I've had very good luck with servers in france.

You are, however, on your own in finding a socks server. Not hard to find one with google though.

*edit: One good item, you run the program, ie. EL.exe, through the program, and only that program runs through the server.

that didn't work

Edited by Rolandreeve

Well I turned off my Norton and it didnt help so I am not sure but I tried to get on earlier did the same thing then i fell a sleep and woke up a few hrs later then when i got up it didnt work so i just tried and will give it a few minutes and see if it works.

I did after a bit get to get on and once i does this trying then getting on later i dont have to do it again that day unless i go for a few hours without playing. I'll keep this going till i can figure out why i cant connect every time.

i cant connect now for 8 days

There is no problem with the server or major network problems. The problem is either something on your machine (like a bad Norton AV), or near you. If it isn't youe machine, then try contacting your ISP.

Since the server is working fine....

Case closed.

PS: If you have problems connecting, please make a new thread for your issue