Eternal Lands Official Forums
sparhawk

What Irks you

Okay I have something that REALLY irks me that I feel like I need to share. Please take the time to read through it :)

My older brother is an asshole. He's visiting from college which you would think should be a joyous occasion, and sure it's fun to have him around, but he just ruins the happiness of the household sometimes. Big example of this, about 10 minutes ago:

He's sitting in front of the TV w/ his laptop listening to music and my younger brother and his friend are in there too. So I pick up my little brother's acoustic guitar and just hold it.

Then my brother turns on the song "Thunderstruck" by AC/DC. I think to myself "hey i can play this". So I play the full intro. And my brother says "See John, you'll just never be as good as Agnus." I'm like WTF IS YOUR PROBLEM!?

first of all, I'm playing on a freaking low quality acoustic. If you know anything about guitars, you know that AC/DC uses ELECTRIC guitars. It's hard, expecially on Thunderstruck (which uses entirely hammer ons and pull offs <for the guitarists reading this), to make an acoustic sound like an electric sounds.

Second, he's my effing brother. Even if I sound like crap (which I didn't) the least he can say is "hey John that sounds great" or "you've gotten so much better since the last time I saw you"

but no. He has to be an asshole. I guess, though, I can use his lack of interest and faith in my guitar playing as motivation to do better and prove him wrong. or something. whatever. i'm pissed off right now.

I think he's just jealous that u can play the guitar so good he had 2 put u down 2 make him feel better!

...And my brother says "See John, you'll just never be as good as Agnus."

...Even if I sound like crap (which I didn't) the least he can say is "hey John that sounds great" or "you've gotten so much better since the last time I saw you"

I thought your name was James, Bond. :)

Okay I have something that REALLY irks me that I feel like I need to share. Please take the time to read through it :evilgrin:

My older brother is an asshole. He's visiting from college which you would think should be a joyous occasion, and sure it's fun to have him around, but he just ruins the happiness of the household sometimes. Big example of this, about 10 minutes ago:

He's sitting in front of the TV w/ his laptop listening to music and my younger brother and his friend are in there too. So I pick up my little brother's acoustic guitar and just hold it.

Then my brother turns on the song "Thunderstruck" by AC/DC. I think to myself "hey i can play this". So I play the full intro. And my brother says "See John, you'll just never be as good as Agnus." I'm like WTF IS YOUR PROBLEM!?

first of all, I'm playing on a freaking low quality acoustic. If you know anything about guitars, you know that AC/DC uses ELECTRIC guitars. It's hard, expecially on Thunderstruck (which uses entirely hammer ons and pull offs <for the guitarists reading this), to make an acoustic sound like an electric sounds.

Second, he's my effing brother. Even if I sound like crap (which I didn't) the least he can say is "hey John that sounds great" or "you've gotten so much better since the last time I saw you"

but no. He has to be an asshole. I guess, though, I can use his lack of interest and faith in my guitar playing as motivation to do better and prove him wrong. or something. whatever. i'm pissed off right now.

I think he's just jealous that u can play the guitar so good he had 2 put u down 2 make him feel better!

Actually, that teknique is what us older brothers call the, "random funny putdown." We commonly use it when we are bored or just feel like it. The reaction you get just makes us laugh on the inside :lol:

What really gets to me is when a noob will spam Raven for 10 minutes, and no mod comes, but then doesn't take your advice about that item or whatever, or about the spamming part..

Did you send an #abuse? :X

Yes I did.. nothing happened. And, Hazor, :x on Yahoo! instant messenger is a kiss XD :mace:

What irks me:

School being so busy that I don't have time to

1.) Sleep

2.) Eat

3.) Shower

4.) Be social!

5.) Still liking school after all that :mean:

6.) Experiments that don't work

7.) Crap equipment from the 60s

8.) Things that worked yesterday but are broken today for mysterious reasons probably caused by the stupid ppl who used the stuff last time...

9.) Ppl who leave resistors lying all over the table so that you have to pick up after them :mace:

9.) Ppl who leave resistors lying all over the table so that you have to pick up after them :mace:

what about other electronics (like capacitors) that pretend to be resistors?

Things in EL that irk me

1.) People who trade spam you saying "d00d fr3 suf plx i r pore plx fr333 stuf"

2.) Sora_barzhad

3.) People who are new to the game and don't know any other maps besides isla prima

4.) Tankel breaking my items

5.) Whenever free says something..

Things in RL that irk me

1.) People who will dip there food in anything.

2.) Rich people

3.) When people talk behind your back

4.) People who think they are better than everybody else

5.) Vegetarians!!!! (that go around telling everybody eating meat is wrong)

-Beorn

Edited by Beorn

What really gets to me is when a noob will spam Raven for 10 minutes, and no mod comes, but then doesn't take your advice about that item or whatever, or about the spamming part..

Yes I did.. nothing happened. And, Hazor, :x on Yahoo! instant messenger is a kiss XD ;)

I can attest, that sometimes, it seems #help_me and #abuse goes ignored - Of the few times I've filed #abuse/#help_me (maybe a total of 5 or so in the 10 months I've played; I view these as "last resort" options, myself), I'd have to say about half have gone unanswered - that is really irksome to me.

Anyway, what else I find irksome:

1.) Having something important to say and no one to listen.

2.) Mistakes - I hate making them.

3.) "Open-minded" people who just have to tell you how closed-minded you are, because you don't agree with them blindly.

4.) Telemarketers. In particular, the ones that call and call and call and call and... I mean, can't people take a hint that if you've called everyday for the last YEAR and no one answered the phone, they DO NOT want to talk to you? If I have business I want to do on the phone, I will initiate the call.

5.) Not having a #5 to list here. Yeah, that's really annoying.

Edited by Arnieman

Yes I did.. nothing happened. And, Hazor, :x on Yahoo! instant messenger is a kiss XD ;)

I can attest, that sometimes, it seems #help_me and #abuse goes ignored - Of the few times I've filed #abuse/#help_me (maybe a total of 5 or so in the 10 months I've played; I view these as "last resort" options, myself), I'd have to say about half have gone unanswered - that is really irksome to me.

Hmmm has it ever occured to you that maybe no mods were online? I do not ever remember seeing a #abuse or #help_me from you. They can only be answered when somebody is here to see it. Which MAY mean we might need to check that time frame for coverage, but it does NOT mean we ignored them. (Adds to personal list of irks *when people forget to consider there might be reasons other than ignoring them that things don't get answered or dealt with like they wish*)

In-game Irks

People who think they own all of EL because they have high level.

Real life Irks

People who act hard, but really they aren't..

People who say the stupidiest things and laugh at themselves..

Hmmm has it ever occured to you that maybe no mods were online? I do not ever remember seeing a #abuse or #help_me from you. They can only be answered when somebody is here to see it. Which MAY mean we might need to check that time frame for coverage, but it does NOT mean we ignored them. (Adds to personal list of irks *when people forget to consider there might be reasons other than ignoring them that things don't get answered or dealt with like they wish*)

considered - PMing my response as I'd rather not hijack the thread. I just wanted to back up that it happens.

*adds to list: When people assume all isn't considered when yelling that things need to be considered.*

Yes I did.. nothing happened. And, Hazor, :x on Yahoo! instant messenger is a kiss XD :hehe:

Aislinn, I understand what you mean completely. However I saw several mods that WERE online, and walking around. I probably could have PMed them but I didn't. It isn't a big deal; just another noob begging and acting like he's teh king :D

A week old, I know...

1. People who show pluralization with apostrophes (STDs would be correct. STD's would mean that STD owns it. Take a grammar class, huh?).

2. People who put periods before parentheses (That's right, the period goes after).

3. People who use any way, shape, or form of short hand, other than what one may use in a formal setting.

4. People who use the word "you" outside of direct quotation. Example: (while talking about something stupid like politics or religion) "You just don't do that!" Yes, I do. Piss off. And stop saying you.

5. People who cannot form a coherent sentence, and could not form one if his or her life depended on it.

6. People who said "Their/they" instead of "he or she or his or her" Proper usage is illustrated in #5.

7. People who try to steal my attention.

8. People who try to steal my boyfriend.

9. The fact that every boyfriend I've ever had on this game has quit.

10. The fact that I have to go up to double-digits, now.

11. People who cannot grasp the concept that your and you're are two different words, and that plural words do NOT have apostrophes unless it is dictating ownership, even though I have already explained this.

12. The people who make Andes candies so damn addictive.

13. Whoever decided not to put accent marks and characters from other languages on the American keyboard.

14. Television other than the History Channel.

15. People who make movies that are not historically accurate.

16. Disney.

17. The fact that Sean lives too far away.

18. The fact that Alanis Morissette hasn't released a new album since So-Called Chaos.

19. The fact that nobody else loves Alanis as much as I do.

20. The fact that I don't have enough cats to be a spinster.

21. The fact that this is how old I have to be to drink legally.

That's all.

1) Being cold (minnesota temp in fall and winter very bad)

2) people that are book smart but have no common sence!!!!

3) The anti_roots ISP

4) having a masters and not doing anything with it.

5) house payments!!!!

6) Kids that think they know more then they realy do. (the real world will bite you in the A$$)

7) The way holidays of all kinds are exploted.

8) People that have never worked for anything.

9) working to hard for to little!

10) the anti_roots ISP

In Game

1) People that did not build there own logon

2) RS talk in Game (take it out of game)

3) Noobs to unwilling to work for anything (beggers)

4) Big bad pk'ers that wont fight 1 on 1

5) People badmouthing the game and not doing anything to help make it better.

6) complaning about changes befor they even happen (give it a chance) (bata daaaaaaaa!!)

GUESS THATS IT FOR NOW

TAKE THE GOOD WITH THE BAD AND WORK TO MAKE LIFE BETTER.

LIFE IS SHORT HAVE FUN WHILE YOU ARE HERE!!!!!!!!!

Drinking age should be 18 in America. At the age of 18, you can join the army and die for your country, but you can't have a beer in it....

Thats why I love Canada :D

Drinking age should be 18 in America. At the age of 18, you can join the army and die for your country, but you can't have a beer in it....

Thats why I love Canada :(

lol. Drinking alcoholic beverages is deliberate damage to your body. Going to army won't get you killed. I have a buddy who was sent to Iraq. He never went out. I have another buddy who went into Marines, the only injury he got, and purple heart, was because he shot himself in the foot accidentally, broke his leg running in simulation, and hitting his head on the steel doors. Go ahead, screw your liver :D i'll join the army and be remembered for dying for my country, rather than remembered as having "one last drink"

1) Stereotypical bullcrap.

People saying, "if you like this music, you must wear this, this and this.

You have to look like this, talk like that, act like them."

Shouldn't it be about the music?

2) People not listening to your side of the story/argument

3) Rap, Ska, Pop

4) People giving up what they believe in to be cool.

5) ..People. Most of them, anyway.

6) Kids snorting tylenol and saying their drug test came up with E, Meth and more..

7) Loud people.

8) Getting looked at/attention.

9) Shallow people.

10) Being in a large group of people.

11) Meeting new people.

12) Hipocrits. (Spelling?)

13) When asking a Christian what their proof is, they say, "It's in the Bible"

14) Being forced to go to church until I moved out.

15) Family gatherings.

16) People arguing with you, you prove them wrong/you right, and they say, "So?" Then continue to argue.

17) Wasting your money on a payphone because the answering machine comes up early and you don't have time to push that diamond button.

18) Sacrificing everything for someone just to watch them fall apart.

19) Those "How many -BLANK- does it take to screw in a lightbulb?" jokes.

20) People overdoing the words "Like" and "Random"

21) "Same difference", instead of, oh, I dunno, "Same thing?!"

22) People chewing with their mouth open/talking with it full.

23) Bad oral care/hygiene altogether.

24) Getting carpal tunnel from these long lists.

25) When you say something stupid, mean or inappropriate and feel embarassed. Like, "That chick looks like a mannequin." Then the girl next to you says, "That's my sister."

26) Immaturity.

27) People flipping out for no reason.

28) Saying something to someone, then have them argue with you about it for ages without you replying back. They get so angry and walk away. I said one sentence!

29) People judging me based on appearance or.. siblings.

30) I'll finish this tomorrow, goodnight.

Thats why I love Canada :(

lol. Drinking alcoholic beverages is deliberate damage to your body. Going to army won't get you killed. I have a buddy who was sent to Iraq. He never went out. I have another buddy who went into Marines, the only injury he got, and purple heart, was because he shot himself in the foot accidentally, broke his leg running in simulation, and hitting his head on the steel doors. Go ahead, screw your liver :D i'll join the army and be remembered for dying for my country, rather than remembered as having "one last drink"

you forgot two little words that would have made your argument completely true - "Drinking alcoholic beverages in excess is deliberate damage to your body." One beer every now and then? Nothing really wrong with that. But, if you are emptying the 12 pack by yourself on a daily basis, you may have a problem.

Also, there are some studies on the health benefits of drinking alcohol (primarily wine) in moderation.

Thats why I love Canada :)

lol. Drinking alcoholic beverages is deliberate damage to your body. Going to army won't get you killed. I have a buddy who was sent to Iraq. He never went out. I have another buddy who went into Marines, the only injury he got, and purple heart, was because he shot himself in the foot accidentally, broke his leg running in simulation, and hitting his head on the steel doors. Go ahead, screw your liver :P i'll join the army and be remembered for dying for my country, rather than remembered as having "one last drink"

you forgot two little words that would have made your argument completely true - "Drinking alcoholic beverages in excess is deliberate damage to your body." One beer every now and then? Nothing really wrong with that. But, if you are emptying the 12 pack by yourself on a daily basis, you may have a problem.

Also, there are some studies on the health benefits of drinking alcohol (primarily wine) in moderation.

Well I got my point across didn't I? Yes, Primarily wine. I have a glass of red wine every other day. Good for teh heart :D