Eternal Lands Official Forums
Samanex

Baggage - Goodage, or Baddage?

Baggage Handling  

58 members have voted

1. 1. When you see a lonesome bag, what do you do?

• Ignore it
    • See what's inside and leave it
    • Clean it up because it's litter
    • Clean it up because everything is useful
    • Keep all the goodies even if it's a DB
    • Save the goodies if it's a DB
    • Throw it at Samanex while he peacefully harvests 'cause he makes up stupid polls

~ ~ This all comes from mine own personal foibles, but I'm just curious about baggage.

I'm the type who has to try every doorknob, open every drawer, read every instruction manual, etc. I drive ordinary folk mad. When I see a bag, I know there's something in it or it wouldn't be a bag. I open it, sniff, rummage around, and take everything just on account of because.

~ ~ If it's someone's death bag, I go out of the way to find the owner, save the contents, help the dead.

~ ~ If it's one lousy bone, hey! That's one third of a powder! Not like I don't have five or six hundred of the things weighing down Ravens left breast pocket, but you never know something might snap... *ahem*

~ ~ The poll is sheer curiosity, no small children will be interrogated during the duringness of this poll. So go ahead, tell us how you operate yo' baggage!

Edited by Samanex

If it is just simple things like bones or raw meat and the player has decided to leave it i clean it up. but if the bag has an owner and contains anything of value i will make every effort to track down the owner of the bag. i will try and pm them and in most cases ether take the bag to beam, sit on it or take it where the person wants it.

Some admins includeing me have a special command to see who the owner of the bag is (to spot bag spamming) so we can accurately dettermine who droped it.

Some admins includeing me have a special command to see who the owner of the bag is (to spot bag spamming) so we can accurately dettermine who droped it.

Wow, I wish I could do that. It would make returning random DBs (when you weren't around to see who died) SO much easier.

ialso as im not doing something like harvest coal to storage i normally pick up every bag (which also helps spot DB's so i can return them) plus you will be suprised how many bones you use at a pothead(potion maker)

9 out of 10 times i would see whats inside the bag, if it's a DB i'll sit on it for a few mins if nobody comes it's my bag. But even if it's just bones or something.. everything is usefull

I have over 5000 bones in my storage, because of cleaning up "left" bags.

You will also be amazed at how many wolf furs get "left" behind in a bag in VOTD.

I picked up A LOT (hundreds) and sold them for 10gc each <he he he>

I have over 10k bones in my storage!!

so, yes, litter police, and i find that everything comes to use...especially deer antlers :)

-kat

I go to IP and VOTD 1once or twice a week and play "ant". If I happen to find a deathbag I'll sit it or pick it up and then pm the person (if I saw who died) or announce it on channels 1,3 and 4..if noone claims in 10 minutes or so it goes into my stash that I hand out to newbs.

I usually leave them alone. If people leave animal items I will do a bit of cleaning but if I see a wounded bear with a bag near him I will save it for its owner. Somtimes I relocate db's so they dont despawn if there are in a remote location.

Not like I don't have five or six hundred of the things weighing down Ravens left breast pocket

Only 600? Pssht. That's like... a day of ogres.