Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dark_Nightmare

The Jewel Monkeys of Kusamura

Mentally Brom said to Ladywolf, "Did you bring along some friends?" Brom ran after doding another blow from the abnormally large phantom. He joined amougst the Chimeran's and yelled for everyone else to get in the mass of Chimera, they can handle these foes. He sent it mentally to Dunian so that he could break the flame wall he was desperatly trying to hold. "Ladywolf, lets get accross that bridge, send a few of your friends over first!"

((OOC-sorry had to bring in the summoning, just got lvl 41 last night!))

LadyWolf walked in a small tight circle, so as to allow everyone to gather in the middle of the pack of wolves.Seeing Zelse and Kendai slowly walking towards them she sent them a message to hurry into the pack.

Seeing all was secured she dispatched 3 of the wolves to go ahead of them and clear the path. They all made their way forward, finally reaching the other side....

(OOC- w00t, congrats! :sneaky:)

Kendai followed Zelse as they finally caught up with the others, only to watch them fight off not only gigantic spiders which gave Kendai the creeps, but what appeared to be phantom warriors.

"Someone doesn't want me cured..." she muttered to herself as they cautiously approach. She nearly yelped in surprise as a pack of mountain chimerans poofed into existence, but breathed a sigh of relief as she realized that they were friends of LadyWolf. Joining them when she shouted at them, Kendai kept close to the others, cautious of both the chimerans and the phantoms and spiders that continued to try and attack them until they got inside the decaying stone temple.

Kendai looked around with pale, almost clear gold eyes. "Oh, this looks pleasant... I kinda liked it better outside with the ghosts and giant creepy things..."

Crossing the downed tree proved to be harder than Brom had expected. He carefully skirted the treebranches that still grew upwards and made it safely to the opposite side. The temple was dark and gloomy. Mist spread across the ground and fell into the chasm below. It gave the appearance that the whole Island they were on was floating. The Chimera spread out in front of them and fought the remaining Phantoms on the main body of the temple. Brom pushed forward.

"Its time to rest for a moment before we continue." Brom said to the group. He took potions from an inside pocket and threw two of them out. One to Dunian and one to Zelse. "Spirit Restorations" Brom said, "We will need your skills here both of you, Especially you Zelse, Dark magic runs rampent here... In case you have not noticed."

Brom then took a white potion and drank it, followed by a Spirit restoration. Brom's head shook as the potions washed over him, enriching his body with strength and etherality. Removing essense from his pocket he combined Fire and water. A shimmering blue flame appeared in his hand that caused the watery blue light to appear around them, enough to walk by. "Im ready, Take a moment and when we are all ready, we will proceed."

Edited by Brom

LadyWolf walked into the temple opening but went no further, guarding the entrance with the remaining two chims, untill all were safely inside. LadyWolf sat down and leaned back against the wall, and the last two chims sat at her feet. Lady took out several life, health and spirit essences, and cast "heal summoned" until both her friends were fully healed. Then she took several spirit restoration potions out and drank them, shivering as she felt her mana being restored. she had only been injured minorly and was about to cast restore on herself, when she felt her health max out. She looked over at Zelse and nodded at him in thanks.

Kendai looked rough, she only hoped that Zelse could keep up whatever he was doing. She was only at level 50 in magic, so wasn't one of the strongest mages, but she could cast every spell with minimal failure. However, she didn't know the spell he was using, and she would have her hands full keeping her summons healed to help protect them.

(OOC- Mwahahahahaha, not for long... :unsure:)

Before them was a set of three passageways, each of them identical and disappearing into darkness. The only thing to set them apart were the inscriptions carved into the arched doorways, depicting what appeared to be a story of greed, betrayal, and horror. The writing underneath was faded and in a language that seemed to have disappeared long ago with the inhabitants of this temple. The message was clear, however: turn back now while you still have the chance.

Kendai looked curiously at the carvings, gripping her stomach. She was hungry again... and those spiders out there had started to look tasty. Even LadyWolf's chimerans looked delicious, but she knew that she could get no subsistence from those. She saw a small black spider scurry across the wall in front of her, and in a flash, she grabbed it and stuck it in her mouth, munching on it. They had better choose a passageway and find those monkeys soon, because Kendai could feel the effects of the spell wearing off... and she was still hungry.

Edited by Kendai

LadyWolf saw Kendai chowing down on the spider out of the corner of her eye. She shuddered. digging in her pack she took out some meat and bones and le's and summoned up two boars. quickly drawing her sword she killed the boars and watched sadly as Kendai dove on the carcasses, devouring them nearly whole.

Lady spoke up "Ok which way do we go now?

Brom responded, "Ive never been the type to split up in times like these." Brom looked around warrily. "But we are in a hurry..." He turn toward the group and said, "There is more of the tale you must know, I did not include it in my original tale because I did not find the source that credible. The story goes.

At the end of pathways three, you shall find a coloured tree.

Dig about the formidable roots, until you find the jubilant loot.

Travel north from there and you, shall find the source bright and true.

Return from out the temple walls, to heal the weakend open jaw.

Three shall stand around the form, pronouce your duty and be warned.

A test will follow you in turn, to those three hope and learn.

Im not sure of it myself, but I can take the first few lines and see that we need to find some sort of tree at the end of these tunnels, and from there we will need to find out more." Brom walked around pondering the poem, "I love high-chant, but it can be so hard to intrepret correctly, Thus is the life of a storyteller I say."

((I had too much fun writing this. ;) ))

Edited by Brom

LadyWolf listened to Brom read the rhyme, and looked at him perturbed. She really didn't know which way to choose here.

LadyWolf stood up and started to the path to the right, she released control of 1 chim to Brom, "Walk with care, he will follow you and defend you, but if you touch him he will attack.". She released control of the third chim to Dunian,"Same goes for you."

And with that LadyWolf walked off down the dark path until she could no longer see, then took out a fire essence and cast a spell and lit the way.....

Kendai smiled, lips bloody from devouring the meat raw. She half-listened to the poetry that Brom recited, really meaning to pay attention, but she was finishing up the boars and thus distracted. She wasn't sure who to follow, so she waited for someone to take her with them. The idea of going down one of these tunnels didn't really appeal to her, but it would be worse if she had to go alone.

The humkey strolled along the path, looking down, heading to Palon Vertas. "I'm going to eat some modable fish," he sang over and over. That's when he bumped right into ugly itself. Sora looked up with an agrivated look and a twitchy eyebrow and pulled out his steel two edged. All he could see was a large stomach. Sora started to slowly look up higher, and every inch up he looked, his eyebrows went higher as his mouth dropped lower. He was face to face with the uglyest troll he had ever seen. This troll looked as if it fell of the ugly tree and hit every damn branch down. "Got somthin' to say punk," the troll said with a low town of voice. "Damn, i'm not THAT strong," Sora said within his mind. "Erm, i'm sorry sir," Sora replied. "Sorry ain't good enough kid," the troll roared. With that, he picked up his large cleaver of a hand, and swung at the humkey. The hunkey dodged, and ran on all fours screaming. The troll is a slow creature, but his large strides nearly crushed the Humkey with every step. Sora then used his most powerful ally, his tail, to grab ahold of a branch, and swing himself backwards and on to the large trolls back. He then pulled out his sword and started stabing every part of the trolls body he could. The troll didn't seem to be affected at all. The troll grabed the Humkey, and tossed him off of his back, to the floor. "By Entropy's name, I need a miracle," he said. With that, his miracle came. This miracle was a well known force of the Eternal Lands. He was a celebrity, as well as one of the biggest killed of noobs today. Sora saw Bob the Gob jump out of the shadows. "Need some help?" Bob asked. "Yah think?!" Sora scrame. Bob then started to look at the ugly troll, and nearly wet his leather shorts. "How in the hell did you get involved with that?" he yelled. "Oh well, I guess how it happened doesn't matter," he said, "we'll have to sing it to sleep." Sora looked at the green Goblin like it's brain was half missing. "Beleive me, just sing somthing before it kills us", the Gob yelled. The troll started to raise it's arm again. "Fine!" Sora yelled. "Brom the magic dragon who lives down by the....erm...cave!" he sung, "hopefully this isn't copywrited and I won't be sued!" The troll started to wobble and fell down to the ground. Sora then started to use a magical incantation of banishment and what not (the name of the spell isn't important ;) ) and banished the troll to Vermor's house. Vermor is so going to kill me, but it's worth it," Sora laughed. "Well Bob, where are you headed?" "I'm just wondering around Irillion, so how about I fallow you." "I can get you past the goblins," he said. "You lost your money partying with Placid again, and can't pay to get back to Seria, didn't you," Sora said with a look on his face. "Yes, so how about I go with you and help, and in exchange, you'll take me with you when you leave." "Portland must be over run with noobs since i'm gone!" Bob said. "It's a deal," Sora said. With that, the two walked into the sunset. "We're walking the wrong way, aren't we?" Bob said in a sad tone. "Yeah, god why does it have to be so anti-climatic," Sora asked.

(ooc- There, I might see you guys later in my adventure. I am heading to the great library in Palon Vertas for some modable fish :wacko:))

Edited by sora_barzahd

::Ponders how he could hurt Sora... Done

Brom watched as Sora looked up with a glazed look on his face. Turned to the left and fell. Sora was off into the dream world again. Perhaps he would wake up and join the rest of them soon enough. Brom waited for a response before he proceeded into any of the three tunnels.

((Sadly Ill be leaving in about a month so lets see if we can wrap things up here. Here is some direction. We need to head down the three tunnels and obtain all three jeweled monkeys, Get off of this island and give them to someone who can heal Kendai.))

Brom looked around at the people gathered. They had traveled far, worked hard and were so close to the end of their journey. "We are almost through this." Brom said. He spread his voice around so that everyone could ear and understand the full explaination that he could have given, all placed into those five words.

Brom's words gave her more courage, no longer afraid of what could be lying in wait for them. Picking a tunnel at random, she starts to head down the center tunnel, pale gold eyes now glowing in the darkness, thanks to her new undead form. Whatever was at the end of it, she'll face it.

((OOC- Yes we must finish this before Brom has to leave us.))

LadyWolf walked off down the tunnel farthest to the right. The tunnel twisted and turned in front of her, the whole time the rhyme that Brom had chanted ran through her mind:

At the end of pathways three, you shall find a coloured tree.

Dig about the formidable roots, until you find the jubilant loot.

Travel north from there and you, shall find the source bright and true.

Return from out the temple walls, to heal the weakend open jaw.

Three shall stand around the form, pronouce your duty and be warned.

A test will follow you in turn, to those three hope and learn.

As she reached the end of the path, her remaining chimmy just infront of her, she suddenly felt the hair on the back of her neck stand on end. There was a strong cold breeze that blew the fire out. She suddenly heard a single high pitched yelp from the chimmy, and saw only the particles of its dieing. Suddenly whatever had over powered the chimmy was upon her, and she felt herself overcome, suddenly everything went dark, and a single solumn message appeared in the minds of all her companions: "LaDyWoLf will meet you at the respawn point."

((A bit later))

Lady opened her eyes and awoke in the underworld of C2, taking a few essences out of her bag and just before casting her final spell she messaged Brom over a mental link,"Well, I'm out of this, no point in holding you guys up, be true to yourself, and heal our friend."

Lady sighed, and with a heavy heart, combined the esscences in her hands and felt her health restore fully, then muttered these final words : #beam me up, and with a flash of light, Lady appeared at the beam on Isla Prima......

((OOC- Brom it has been wonderful roleplaying with you these past few months. You are a wonderful friend and I will truly miss you. Stay true to yourself and come back to us asap. I regret to announce that I will no longer be partaking in the roleplaying section of the forums, for it was our dear Brom who brought me here, and it just wouldn't feel the same without him here. Again, Brom I wish you the best of luck and may God watch over you until you return to us. May Your Sword Stay Sharp!))

Edited by LadyWolf

Dunian followed the tunnel to the left. It led down, at such a slight grade that one would need water to realize it, into darkness and shadow. Raising a fire essence above his head, he glanced back at the silent chimmeran wolf behind him.

The pale scarlet light fell upon runes and hyroglyphs inscribed on the walls. Dunian felt tension in the air as he walked on; the chimmeran's fur raised...

But nothing happened. No hidden attackers, no traps, nothing. Nothing but the forboding that somewhere, danger lurked. As the runes fell from the sphere of light cast by the fire essence and back into the shadows, they began to glow like molten gold. Even as they glimered in the dark, however, a shadow floated past.

The tunnel opened up in a cavern, its high roof almost dissappearing in the shadows. But Dunian's eyes were on one thing at the far side of the cavern. "The tree."

(OOC- Oops, sorry, I was waiting for Brom ^_^;;; )

Kendai turned at the sound from her right, eyes wide when she heard the message. "No, LadyWolf!" Now a deep sense of fear gripped her as she cautiously headed down her tunnel. Would the same thing that had gotten LadyWolf get her too?

She could sense that she was near the end of the tunnel. Suddenly a cold biting wind whipped through, nearly sending her backwards. Panicking, Kendai ran into the wind, she had to get through! Suddenly bam! She had run into Dunian, hard, which sent them both sprawling to the floor. Kendai shook her head and tried to shake off the cold feeling as she rolled off Dunian, apologizing profusely. Then she looked up, eyes wide.

"Wow, it's beautiful..." Kendai stared at the tree, shimmering with brightly colored leaves, in every shade of the rainbow, truly a sight to behold. "How did the next part of the rhyme go again? Are we looking for treasure now?"

Bethurc walked, crouched in the forest. Most forests were warm snug places (at least where his family came from), but this one to him was too clean. It was also forbidding. A sense of someone watching him, following him. Unclean! His mind told him, why he couldn’t have stayed in that inn! Suddenly he saw to the side of him dark, tall humans. They wore cloaks of dark green, almost a black, and they were coming towards him. Fear came into his mind, fear of what they were, and he ran. Bethurc ran as fast as he could through the forest, more afraid of what was now chasing him than of the woods. Tripping over a branch, he noticed, as his head came up to look in front of him that he had no where to go.

In front of him was a cliff three meters deep and there was a black bilge floating on top of it. Nausea went into him, when he finally realized the dark figures where all around him. On of them, a man with the shadows covering his face pointed to the water with his hand. "NO" Bethurc said, with grim slow steps the came close to him, they smelled of rotting flesh and he closed his eyes. Then all as if they were a single group they pushed him off.

All he saw was blackness. Voices whispered in his ears. And someone had his hand on his throat, keeping him under the water. Suddenly dark images flew past him, of his family and how they helped the poor here. He saw the evil ones who killed them, too greedy not to over tax their peasants. Then at once his thoughts came at him. No! I will not! But slowly and surely he came and forgave himself for all of his foul deeds. With every one of the steps taken the water cleared, from pitch black to grey and then to white. I have forgiven you Bethurc, but if you fall again I will let you fall!

With that he hoisted himself out of the clear, spring water. The figures around him wore light green clothes, and they were no longer menacing, but friendly. They stood with their hoods off, all of them looking at him. "You have all saved me, I do not no how to thank you all". We did not save you, you did With that the elves went back into the depths of the forest.

Now the forest no longer seemed dark and forbidding, it felt more like a home. His home, the one he never had. He then noticed a few large stones and a large stone monument. On it said “Here lies the family that was killed and forgotten", although he did not no the language, he understood what it said. He made peace to his dead family, and vowed to himself to rebuild their proud house. With that he made his final fare well and took with him his fathers sword and his houses banner which he put into his bag. He donned the clothes that he had found near the river bank and burned his thief’s clothes.

Bethurc now ran in the forest. It guided him to a certain tunnel. He ran into his path of redemption, which was as hard as his journey in the river. For he had to see what his evil acts had caused, and that gave him despair, and then hope, for he might still change their fates. Almost he gave up then, almost he gave away his new life because it would be a hard one at first, and he did not a trails were over.

Until he looked up, and saw the tree.

((Because the story might be ending soon I want to come to terms with my character))

Side note: I will fix spelling errors. Done...

Edited by sparhawk

((I am so nearly gone. :omg: Here goes))

No!!!!! Brom let loose from his throught. Ladywolf had just been killed in the most gruesome way, A spiked panel had dropped from the ceiling upon her and her last Chimera. Brom had lost his dear friend Ladywolf. Brom began running back toward the head of the tunnel, knowing that Ladywolf had gone to the underworld and that after a lot of pain, would return.

He reached the head of the tunnel and headed down the second, the tunnel that Dunian had taken, pushing his legs faster and faster he soon saw three people sitting looking up toward a bright light. As Brom drew closer he could see if was a magnificent tree!

Words spilled from Brom's mouth, but he did not put them there.

"Dig about the formidable roots, until you find the jubilant loot." Brom walked forward hesitantly and the others followed, he began hunting around the roots of the massive colored tree.

"Does anyone see anything but roots? A key? A box? A passageway? Anything?"

((Well if no one is going to post, we might as well finish it, let us end it....))

Bethurc dug his hands in the moist dirt. Finally he hears Brom calls out. "I have found it! The Jewel monkeys of Kusamura!" Their long journey was at last at an end. Finally they had found the monkeys. Brom held them up to the sun. Their gold plate and jewels glinted in the sun. "At last" said Bethurc. Joy filled him as everyones feelings came out.

((I let Brom find it as a tribute))

Edited by sparhawk