Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dark_Nightmare

The Jewel Monkeys of Kusamura

Brom sat near the bow of the ship, watching the coast draw closer. "Ladywolf, Dark and I will run hard toward Kusamura, ::Pausing and looking to Zelse:: I recommend you, Zelse, come and follow with Kendai, She is awake, I cannot feel her like I can feel the life in most of you, undead are something different." Brom said, looking toward Dark Nightmare. "I do not fear monsters, mountains, laws, spells or much else right now. What I do is feel the need to be up and doing, not sitting and stewing." Kendai carefully walked out of the cabin toward them...

((Welcome Veterai, if it is ok with you, I am going to force you to be our guide to the temple... Heh))

Edited by Brom

***EDITED***

LadyWolf nodded at Brom. She was thankful that her shoulder felt like new again, because she knew that she was the strongest fighter they had. She turned to speak to Zelse, intending to leave him her second sword (a titanium short sword, not the greatest, but better than none) and stood face to face with Kendai. Lady's eyes widened as she stood toe to toe with the technically dead..no undead orchan. Shudders racked through LW as she looked into the cold dead eyes of her friend. She was aware of the hunger that the undead had for the flesh of the living and prayed that there was enough of Kendai's soul left to stave off the urges to take a bite out of one of them....

Edited by LadyWolf

((Thanks everyone :D And Brom, you really are a Mind-Reader :P ))

As Paegren slowed, Vetarai stared in awe at the ship before him. He was on his way home when he had taken notice of a n00b's bloody carcass. (Cyclopses, go figure :) ) "Hello?" He called out. He caught sight of Brom and Dark Nightmare, and strode over to greet them.

Dunian faded into the jungle. Brom hadn't forbidden him to go, but he hadn't invited him either. Dunian trailed the small group through the jungle, silent as a cat, about fifty yards behind them. He had left his cape on the ship, and instead had strapped his sword to his back.

They had not gone far before they had been approached by an elf riding a panda bear! Although he couldn't hear what they were saying, it didn't look like they were going to fight, so Dunian sat down to wait. Out of the corner of his eye, he thought he spied the humkey walking through the jungle...

((Umm, I said Ladywolf, Dark Nightmare and I...thats three, not two. Ladywolf you are with us. :) I editted to make it more clear... More people are welcome to come of course, I will hold no one back, I just RECOMENDED Zelse follow with Kendai as we will be running at full speed. I Will NEVER make up someone's mind for them, perhaps with a small thing like a short answer, but that is up to that character to portray, not me. Zelse may follow us anyway if he wants, just like Dunian is. (BTW sorry Dunian, I was unsure of who was still actively playing RP) ))

"Sir!" Brom yelled, in response to the strangly dressed elf. "We are in great haste, will you show us the way to the temple in Kusamura right away, we are in search of the jeweled monkeys and will do anything to get them!"

Edited by Brom

((OOC- Sorry about that my dear Brom. it seemed like you were addressing me and then telling me that I was to stay behind. PREVIOUS POST HAS BEEN EDITED PLEASE RE-READ))

Zelse saw Kendai walking towards them and rushed to her side before she had an accident or fell. "Brom, you and the others can go ahead to wherever these jeweled monkies are at, just send us messages through you mind to let us know where to go." Zelse knew that he would constantly have to fill Kendai with the aurora to keep her spiritual self and she could hold the group back if they waited for her. Their only chance to save her with these monkies was to go ahead of him and Kendai. So Zelse and Kendai got what food and equipment they could and started slowly of into the jungle. *I hope we dont run into any foul creatures in these woods, hmm a beast of burden would be good right about now* Zelse thought to himself as they began their slow journey.

Kendai followed Zelse slowly, still quite confused, but otherwise feeling better. No one had bothered to tell her that she was undead, so she didn't have to deal with the shock (:angry:). She smiled at Zelse, though she wasn't sure who he was. But he had helped her, and the others had seemed to trust him, so that was good enough for her.

"I was beginning to think I was the only one who rememebered these monkeys... I'm glad my curiosity's finally going to be satisfied." She grinned, her face sallow and stretched. Then she frowned slightly as a strange thought crossed her head. "I'm hungry." She had the strongest craving for meat for some reason...

Bethstayed behind because he did not like the look of the forest so he volenteered to stay behind and gaurd the boat. When he looked around to see that he would rather be inside than to be facing the menacing forest he ran after the team to join them.( but not after seeing some strange shape that looked a bit like a humkey spring into the forest).

((Vetarai I may push on and not wait for a response...Waiting for a response.))

Brom waited for a response with a fierce look in his eye, He was in a hurry, the man should respond!

((Sorry Brom, have been doing some homework (alot) ))

Vetarai came over. "Yes, of course... you mean the old Temple? That place has been deserted for years except for a couple of Orcs and Cyclops." Brom ushered him on, and Vetarai started off towards the jungle.

Perfect, this elf was quick on his toes and did not flinch when he mentioned cyclops and Orcs, perfect. "Quickly!" Brom beckoned with his arms toward the group that was following Ladywolf matching him stride for stride. Also behind them was Dunian, Beth, Dark Nightmare and behind them Kendai and Zelse were following.

Onward they ran toward the huge ancient temple now looming before them, when the group drew near to the first stone pillars the elf who had been leading them stopped and looked around, a serious expression on his face. Brom looked around as well, something did not feel right, it was an ominous place, vines crawling up the structures around and thick dense undergrowth muffling all but the heaviest footsteps. "What is your name swift-foot?" Brom pointed the question at the elf who had led them here. Brom had said, swift-foot because the elf was quick, even amoung the elves Brom knew, this one would be uncommonly quick and agile.

((V, I know this is new for you, but do not be afraid to point us in any direction, Ive set it up for anything, you choose.))

((OOC: I've been having a LOT of homework too :) ))

Zelse sat Kendai to rest, they had barly lost sight of the ship that they were riding. "Kendai," Zelse began, "do you know why I am taking you through this jungle of Kusamura?" "Yes," She answered, "to find the lost jeweled Monkies of Kusamura." "Why else? any idea?" said Zelse. "No, is there?" said the Orchan. Zelse sat in front of Kendai and explained the events that occured while she was out..."So you see Kendai I have to follow you to keep this aurora around you from disapearing or you will turn into a pure undead being." Kendai sat and reflected on the information that seemed too much for her...

(OOC- "... shit." Darn, too bad my character wouldn't say that...)

Kendai blinked, looking at her hands. "Unbelieveable... I can't believe Mortos got a hold of me again!" She sighed. "Now I'm going to eat everyone and end up being locked up as a crazy undead... why do you think these jewel monkeys can help me though?" She was hungry, so very hungry... but she couldn't eat people, that would be horrible! Well, maybe a draegoni... no! Bad Kendai! she chastised herself. Outwardly she sighed with frustration.

((MeEp!! Not draegoni))

LadyWolf sent a message mentally to Zelse to tell him to keep Kendai fed as much meat as she could handle. Lady knew Zelse wouldn't like having to kill rabbits, or beavers or even deer, but that if he didn't he would run the risk of Kendai trying to dine on him instead.

LW matched Brom step for step, and only stopped when the fleet footed elf and his panda bear steed stopped. Lady looked around taking in her surroundings. The impending feeling of dread was stronger here at the temple. What lay inside was a mystery to all, but she knew they must press forward to save their friend.

((And eeeks, Kendai, pm me you address again, I totally forgot that video card.:S))

Zelse felt a message go through his mind, he sensed LadyWolf, she sent him a metal message to keep Kindai fed. Kendai had just ask Zelse why the jeweled monkies would help her and he said, "I have no idea Kendai, when I first heard of these jewels I didnt believe it but Brom and LadyWolf had a look in there eyes that made anyone who looked into them want to believe that the jewels would work." "So you dont think the jewels will help me Zelse?" said Kendai. Zelse didnt want to tell Kendai what he thought, so he changed the subject, "LadyWolf said for me to feed you as much meat as you like, theres no animals that I can kill in this jungle but I did pack some meat with me, I'm sure that it will surfice until we get some fresh meat." "But what about the jewels Zelse? you dont think they're gonna help do you..." said Kendai in a sad voice. "We can only hope Kendai...we can only hope..."

(OOC- Mmmmm, draegoni burgers... :P And sent you the PM :P)

Kendai sighed as she turned her attention to the meat. So hungry... She bit into it ravenously, tearing off chunks and swallowing it nearly whole; it was a wonder she didn't choke. She followed Zelse along as her body finally stopped clamoring for meat. At least, for now. Would the jewels really help her? She hoped so, because she'd hate to find herself in a situation with no meat available...

((I was waiting patiently for a response from Vertari...I could go on without him and push us on, but I wanted to give him a chance. :D))

((And, This fight brought to you by, the new creatures, well a few of them. Lets see if we can get past this obstacal without killing everything, Just a few while we find our way across the barrier...er, read))

A Deep chasm surrounded the temple. Spiked rods and poles protruded out of the foul greeth undergrowth at the bottom. "We cannot cross that on foot." Brom looked around to those who had come. "Dunian, can you teleport us across?" Ladywolf's keen eyes glowed yellow and she had a curious look on her face while she was looking toward the temple. Brom followed her eyes and saw what she was looking at. Strange thing, armor floating in mid-air without any body underneath it. He continued to be puzzled until the armor started moving, it came around the stakes and OVER the chasm, it was floating, flying and had no form! "What kind of foul fiends are these?" Brom said with a calm tone, his voice escalating into almost fear. With more dread several more of the phantom warrirors rose up from the earth and began floating over the chasm toward the group.

"Why do we have to fight to do everything?" He said, "All I want are some Jeweled monkeys to bring my friend back from the undead!" A clicking noise answered him. He looked up and found Spider decending from the structures and vines above. They ranged in size from annoyingly large to HUGE, Ankle high to theigh high. "We have some fighting comming!" Brom brought out his long sword and settled into a ready stance. With his free hand, he removed a broad dagger which he held down in his hand, so that the blade covered his forarm. He was ready.

Edited by Brom

LadWolf glared at the phantom warriors as they floated across the chasm. She nearly jumped out of her skin when a huge spider dropped down infront of her, clicking its large pincers. LW sighed and thought to herself "Good grief, what else is going to happen."

Taking a fighting stance, Lady drew her titanium serpant sword from it's sheath, and this time she unlatched her steel shield from her back (so as to prevent further injuries). She looked over at Brom, her eyes growing dark, she knew she had the strangest grin on her face, she nodded at Brom and turned in time to counter a blow from one of the phantom warriors.

"Brom help me with these foul warriors, Dunian, try to fend back the spiders, I don't fancy being bitten by one of those."

Dunian looked around quickly. The spiders had surrounded them. Feeling in his back of essences, he picked out a fire essence that glowed brighter, with more heat than the others. Placeing it with two air essences in the palm of his hand, he tossed it in the air. A blazing fireball appeared, which he caught on the end of his staff. Twirling it high above his head, he spun the hardwood staf around. Once. Twice. A third time. The fire died down, and the spiders approached. Just when it seemed that the spell had fizzled out, a ring of flame burst from the ground, surrounding the party, with Dunian at its center.

Gritting his teeth with the strain of the spell, he said, "Brom, We need to get across. I can't hold this up for more than a few minutes. It should stop the spiders, but those ghosts..." His voice trailed off as a phantom slid through the ring of flame, towards LadyWolf...

Edited by Dunian

"We can handle a few ghosts! I feel a tree has fallen over the chasm to the east!" Slashing down his first opponet, Brom said, "We must hurry! will your wall follow us? And darn good job on making it, you will need to show me later!"

LadyWolf slashed and kicked her way through the phantom warriors, making her way to the fallen tree. She saw Brom just ahead of her heading towards the makeshift bridge. Suddenly a huge phantom warrio appeared up out of the chasm. He was twice the size of the others, and intended on not letting them cross.

Brom apparently did not see the extra large warrior rising up beside him. Lady was just able to scream out "BROM LOOK OUT!!, before it swung it's humongus sword. Brom turned, startled by her warning, just in time to see the sword heading for his head. He ducked and rolled, avoiding the swing by only inches.

Seeing that even she was out matched, Lady ducked out of reach of the ghoul. She quickly dug in her pack for some meat, bones,wolf furs and enriched life essences that she had. She said a silent prayer to selain, and then summoned up 15 mountain chimeran wolves. She stepped forward and saw Brom grinning....

Edited by LadyWolf