Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Pocal

A raging Spirit..

Pocal wandered around Desert Pines. It was his old home. He had lived for a while here. Before he was chosen by the Green Dragon Spirit that now lived within his body and soul. It completed him. It was thanks to the one known as Kayliana, who had found those who had been given the chance to live with a dragon's spirit in themselves that he had survived it all. He wished she was still around, but she left many moons ago.

We will be alright without her Spirit. She taught us much while we knew her in these lands. The Council she created allowed us to learn more, and teach others who had the spirits. Those like Grum and Kyrant helped us, and we were able to teach others like Quinticus and Clawshrimp.

One day, perhaps the Grand Dragon Council will be reborn. Who knows. Luckily some with the Spirits have not left these lands. Like the one who know calls himself the Lord Vermor. He's always good for a caht about the glorious days where we owned that house in the mountains of Myandar. That house brings back many memories.

I think we should visit it again. It is time we do that.

With that Pocal heads to the docks and asks the workers when the next ship for Myandar will be leaving. Once he hears that one is about to heave off, he books his passage.

A very old draegoni in a white cloak was exploring the Myandar region when he heard a voice. It was a faint whisper, high pitched but with a flare of desperation in it. He looked around. No one but a couple of dwarves wrestling boars and bears. He heard it again, louder and crystal clear. It said "Hail, he with a heart of the purest silver. I am in need of your help. I must gather back to my breatheren." The man looked at his silver amulet. In the center of it was inlaid a stone of silver streaked with white. He had found it while struggling in the deserts of Bethel. It had given him some powers, strength, wisdom, and knowledge. It had also glowed when he was in danger and whenever a arrow was shot at him, it would relocate and block the arrow. Astoundingly, it would not suffer even a scratch. It started giving of a white glow, and started hovering. It suddenly jerked and pointed in the south direction, to the mountains. He followed it, feeling it get warmer and warmer, until it became unbearingly hot. But still he followed it, and then saw a passage in the mountains. He went through it, and saw a old shack. He opened the shack's door, and went inside. He saw Pocal, a normal EL citizen (well, as normal as EL gets :P).

OOC

((I am Shadowbane in this by the way.))

Edited by Dark_Nightmare

(OOC- I'm more than happy to rp here, but I'm not old-school and have no idea what you're talking about ;) I'll just wait for my chance to jump in- maybe I'll be the baddie again :P)

((No problem Kendai. You can come in whenever. Even just doing a description of what you are doing while things are happening is good.))

Pocal was sitting in the Grand Dragon Council's former guild house. He was glancing around smiling as he remembered times of old in the house. He heard footsteps coming closer. Was it perhaps another former member? He listened to the Spirit within for what it could sense of the steps. It told him it was no fellow Spirit, and no one they had met before. Pocal readied his hand on his sword just in case.

"Hail, Pocal. How goes it?"

Edited by Dark_Nightmare

((OOC Note: No one else is there, and I never drew my sword.))

((Sorry...I should have gone into more detail about the house. My bad.))

Looked to the doorway as he heard a voice. He examines the figure and studies it a moment before speaking himself.

Hello, sir. I do wonder how you know my name, and also what business you would have here? This building belongs to a guild. If my memory serves me right, you are not a member. Is there something I can help you with?

"I am Shadowbane, herald of the Black Draegoni. This amulet I found many eons ago started to glow and heat up, and guided me here with a voice."

Argon the Dwarf was wrestling with a boar in his home lands, Myandar, Valley of the Dwarves. "C'mon ye' giant pig, yea' won't bother my beer kegs again!" He grabbed it's tusks and flipped it over his back. The boar flew through the air and fell on a wolf. Both the wolf and the boar died, and Argon dusted his hands. "Well, back to guarding the gold-miners." He picked up his steel axe and equipment, but then saw a white-cloaked figure. "Well that's odd." He followed the fellow to a house, then stopped and put his ear to the door as it closed behing the mysterious man.

((Do you plan on playing two characters? Chill man!))

Lan Mandragoran was just south of the city of myandr, hunting for wolves, they were pesky animals, not quick like rabbits. Not strong like bears, Wolves were a nearly perfect creation, nothing overbearing in their attributes. Perhaps the only thing with wolves that make them unbasic is their eyes, something about them can draw you to fear them, or love them, hate them or sing to them while they prance around you.

Movement to the right and back a bit

"Dont move to quickly or it may flee, not attack" Said Lan to himself. He could feel the creature comming toward him, waiting for the perfect time, sword in his left hand. Lan flowed, not moved. He was devoted to learning the dance with the sword. The sword he wielded was of a Titanium alloy and long, thin, but not so thin it would bend or break in battle. His old friend Lucas had made it for him. The blade had a line down its length that was not forged into it. The line was put there by the blade of another.

[flashback]

Slash, parry, flick, stab, retailiate. The fight continued on. He was unaware how long the fight had been going on. It was filled with nothing but action and reaction. This fight was to the death for one or the other. An hour eariler this man garbbed in all purple had demanded a weapon from Lucas the blacksmith, When Lucas replied it was not yet completed the man removed his notched swordbreaker and stabbed Lucas through the heart in pure rage, The man had the shortest fuse in history. Lan had been walking to Lucas's to enjoy some lunch and chat with his best friend when he saw the strange purple-clad man lunge and place what looked like a dagger through Lucas's heart. His sword in his hands Lan ran yelling at the top of his lungs, "NO!" Throwing everything he had, all of his strength into one slash downward! The slice was stopped by the strange dagger that the man wielded. The dagger was wide, made of a dark metal nearly purple glowing in the strange mid-morning light. One side was sharp and thin, it would cut through nearly anything, the other side had deep notches in it with prongs comming out of the top toward the tips of eachother. Lan recognised the weapon now, a swordbreaker. And he knew its use. Swordbreakers were made to catch a blade and pull it free or at least redirect a blow from a sword.

Time slowed as Lan saw his blade was caught in the purple-clad mans swordbreaker. A way out presented itself, the man was about to twist his blade perpendicular to Lan's sword, spinning it out of his hand. Brom saw that the blade was caught a little less than one third the blades length, he could simply pull the blade toward him and allow it to slip out. He did it, pulled so fast that the man nearly fell over when he relised their was no longer a blade in the swordbreaker. Taking a step back Lan glanced at his weapon. A long scratch was torn down the length of the blade from the prongs of the swordbreaker, the line was filled with dark red blood, blood from Lucas.

With surprise, rage lessend and left, Lan was calm. He looked at the man holding that swordbreaker in front of him and said. "I am going to kill you now for what you have done to my friend" He said it with such knowing and conviction the man was shot with fear. Any normal words spoken before a deathblow would cause fear yes. But these were spoken with Calm knowing. The man fled, Lan lept forward, placing his blade on the side of the man and spinning him around, in one movement he drew his sword back and thrust through the heart, twisting the thin weapon to insure enough damage would be done. Pulled back and watched as the man fell forward on his face.

[/flashback]

The wolf was charging and Lan was moving, bringing his sword down on the right of his body with his left hand, a clean slice cut across the wolve's snout. He did not want to kill the wolf yet, He wanted the wolf to fight with rage and strength, which the cut caused. With a growl, the wolf lunged and attacked over and over, each time he got close enough a movement of Lan's blade would remove ears, small tuffs of fur and skin or damage legs. After a last strike from the wolf Lan moved his blade, (For that was all it was to him) down the length of the wolves back, through the ripcage on one side, down to the animals inards. Art, smooth movement.

Lan set to work removing the hide and taking the meat, then set north with everything he could carry to Grim the storage master. Lan would next go after goblins in the gold cave. Storing his items with a solem expression Lan headed back south toward the goblin caves, When nearly there he caught out of the corner of his eye a man garbed in complete white heading into the old Dragon Council's Guild hall. Stalking slowly he moved toward it, curious.

((Um... where'd Pocal go off to? And yes, I'll do one char, Argon had to go to the outhouse and was carried off by some angry gnomes :closedeyes: ))