Eternal Lands Official Forums
Dark_Nightmare

What's your favorite fantasy book series?

What's your favorite fantasy book series?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Choices, some of the more common fantasy books series.

• Inheritance (i.e. Eragon, Eldest)
    • Chronicles of Narnia (i.e. The Witch, the Lion, and the Wardrobe)
    • Lord of the Rings (i.e. The Fellowship of the Ring, The wo Towers, The Return of the King)
    • Harry Potter (i.e. The Sorcerer's Stone, The Chamber of Secrets, The Half-Blood Prince)

*cough* You forgot Anne Mc Caffrey's Dragonriders of Pern series, too... (although that's sort of a mix of fantasy and sci-fi). And what happened to Jordan's Wheel of Time? Ooh, and don't forget Piers Anthony's Xanth chronicles! :D Those are a blast to read! (25 books and counting...) Or Pratchett's Discworld, etc. There's just so many good series out there, there's no possible way one poll could cover them all.

But my personal favourite is probably Eddings' Belgariad and sequels (Malloreon, Belgarath, Polgara, Rivan Codex). Though the Pern and Xanth chronicles come a very close second. Out of the poll options, though... probably Narnia. Good, lighthearted fun, with strong allegory.

~Shouja~

Edited by Shouja

None of those options :)

I like most David Eddings' books, like Tamuli, Belgarion, Mallorean etc.

EDIT1: Dunno how those are spelled in english

EDIT2: OH CK already said Eddings so i agree :)

Edited by FeLkkU

The last book i read i was about 12 and it was something about the Irish famine.. wasn't a bad book. I wish i could remember the title of it..

I voted for Chronicles of Narnia, but my absolute favourite (yes I call it fantasy books) are:

Moomins books by Tove Jansson (maybe because I read them to my daughter).

I love most of the other series mentioned in posts above.

Edited by LadyReni

The Sarantine Mosiac (2 book series) by G.G. Kay (and he's Canadian too!)

omg the french versions of DragonLance suck! LanceDragon...I read them, they leave out SOOO much detail it's a shame. If you're french and you read english, get the English versions!

Chuck the dragon? Dragonthrowing? :P Methinks they may be missing details from having been translated via babelfish.

It would help if I even read books... :lol:

It's not a reason to be proud of.

Edited by Mireille

I am currently grimoire.gif a book. I'll put in some text once I get more of it done.

I killed another topic >.>

Edited by Ryzin

It would help if I even read books... :lol:

It's not a reason to be proud of.

Who says i'm proud of it? <_<

Voted for LOTR but Narnia is a millisecond after, grew up with both of em and they r great!

Haven't seen the Narnia movie yet but i will, any1 know if it's a well done movie?

Seems 2 be a good 1 if u look at the trailer.

omg the french versions of DragonLance suck! LanceDragon...I read them, they leave out SOOO much detail it's a shame. If you're french and you read english, get the English versions!

Chuck the dragon? Dragonthrowing? :P Methinks they may be missing details from having been translated via babelfish.

You mean Lance is not also the word for a lance in french? (you know the thing that's like a spear)

They're missing details because they simply left them out..the books I had are at least 9 years old, don't know how many software translators there were around then, I think it was done by a human though..would have to look at it again.

Ahhh i forgot about stephen donaldsten! i think he is a very good writer as well.

Stephen Donaldson was the one who wrote the Mordant's Need duology, right? The one about using mirrors as portals to other worlds?

Ooh, and there's also Sara Douglas' Crusader trilogies, which I didn't particularly like, but thought I should mention. Oh, and Melanie Rawn's Dragon Prince and Dragon Star trilogies! :closedeyes: Those were pretty good.

~Shouja~

Hmmm where is R.A. Salvatore and his trilogies about Drizzt Do`Urden :/ and other books of this...well I that author is missing the soncd best is Tolkien :P

There's a reason why those books are called the "Forgotten" Realms... :P :P :lol:

~Shouja~

oh and Ttlanhil I plan on reading Death Gate pretty soon :) Entropy told me they're great :P

maybe i'll do if i have time, it would be great to improve my English for the descriptive part of the book -_-

but they're not tèhat bad if u didn't read the english version before though x>D

like what, ignorants are happier that way xD

I have a confession to make. My favorite series is the Inheiritance series. I know, I know, you would think differently. (For those who do not know my name Brom is from those books)

hmmph im also a Inheiritance fan. The only problem is that instead of seeing the Brom in the book i see the Brom in the game :D No there was no dragonie riders!

Okay, kind of old thread, but my favourite is now the Inheritance series (Eragon, Edest).

Just finished Eldest (finally), and I'll have to say that the last four chapters of the book were /amazing/.

O-M-G, I'm still under the effect of what's happened at the end.....

I absolutely recommend it to everyone! :D

And I'll be getting the third and final book the first day it comes out.. and finish it in an hour... j/k :P

Awesome book, I still can't believe I finished both books. I feel so empty now, nothing to read :/

(I'm thinking of buying 'Silmarillion' by Tolkien though)

an other one... david eddings books (the belgariad ? no idea about the serie's title in english... even if e read most of these in this language ^^).

I really likes LOTR and when i finished it i felt really empty I had nothing to do anymore and I couldnt find any books to compare to it, Harry potter is fine its a good read but once its over you forget about it.

For now the Inheritance trilogy is my favourite I read both books and will like sistema read the final one the day it comes out. I like them because they are a mix of LOTR and another trilogy I liked called His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman.

Edited by oromis