Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LordGordon

What about a sling shot?

I read that bows and arrows are in the works so I started thinking about other projectile weapons.

I did a search and wasn't surprised to see Slingshots already suggested but it was so long ago I think it merits being brought up again.

This was suggested back in february 2004 but only as 1 line and got very almost no discussion so what I want to do is discuss the uses of a slingshot against the different creatures to try and decide if they are viable weapons, obviously I have no call as to whether they go into the game or not but I'd still like to determine if they would be of any real use in the game.

First off Sling Shots take a lot of practivce and skill to be used accurately all the time and from any range.

What I was thinking is that they could be made simply from wooden sticks with a leather strap of sorts and have a -2 accuracy attribute.

Slignshots don't have a whole lot of power but they would be pretty usefull against the smaller animals like rabbits, beavers and rats and maybe even chickens or something but the real question is, is there any point to putting them in, afterall the damage that a slingshot could deliver, would that make any difference to a Cyclops or a Wolf even?

What are your thoughts?

I read that bows and arrows are in the works so I started thinking about other projectile weapons.

I did a search and wasn't surprised to see Slingshots already suggested but it was so long ago I think it merits being brought up again.

This was suggested back in february 2004 but only as 1 line and got very almost no discussion so what I want to do is discuss the uses of a slingshot against the different creatures to try and decide if they are viable weapons, obviously I have no call as to whether they go into the game or not but I'd still like to determine if they would be of any real use in the game.

First off Sling Shots take a lot of practivce and skill to be used accurately all the time and from any range.

What I was thinking is that they could be made simply from wooden sticks with a leather strap of sorts and have a -2 accuracy attribute.

Slignshots don't have a whole lot of power but they would be pretty usefull against the smaller animals like rabbits, beavers and rats and maybe even chickens or something but the real question is, is there any point to putting them in, afterall the damage that a slingshot could deliver, would that make any difference to a Cyclops or a Wolf even?

What are your thoughts?

Please, if you have any ideas do origanal ones. Use the search button to find out how many times this has been suggested. These things may come into being but dont rush it. We shall see when it comes.

Please, if you have any ideas do origanal ones. Use the search button to find out how many times this has been suggested. These things may come into being but dont rush it. We shall see when it comes.

I'm sorry I didn't mean it to seem like I'm trying to rush it, I just wanted to see what the other players think about it based on the creatures currently in the game.

I did search, several times, and only got 1 result, thats why I brought it up again, as a computer science student I know how much programming goes into even the simplest program so I have a fair idea of just how much work needs to be done to bring new things into games like this and as such I wouldn't dream of pushing for things to be brought in.

All I was looking for was some feedback on the idea from the players and programmers as an idea.

Well i like the idea :P just try to be a bit more original.

Believe me, I'm trying but its not easy with 92 pages of suggestions lol.

Well i like the idea :P just try to be a bit more original.

Believe me, I'm trying but its not easy with 92 pages of suggestions lol.

lol so true i make this mistake a lot too :)

Give him a break guys ;) This could be a noobie weapon, like sticks and bones. Ingrediants would be as follows: 1 stick, 2 threads, 1 leather. It's an ok suggestion, but projectiles won't be here anytime to soon.

Give him a break guys ;) This could be a noobie weapon, like sticks and bones. Ingrediants would be as follows: 1 stick, 2 threads, 1 leather. It's an ok suggestion, but projectiles won't be here anytime to soon.

Sling shot would need something elastic, thread wouldn't work. Must be a gnome secret invention.

We should have slingshots that shoot rockets and grenades! THen diamond bulletproof vests to!

ANYWAY- i think slingshots would be awesome :P

Ohh if only Gnomes could use them that would be hilarious. "You have been hit with a rock from Tanyia's slingshot!"

And I lose 1 health :hehe: Heh.

:) why use rock? get a hard diamond :)

:) why use rock? get a hard diamond :)

well, sure, but a diamond is just an enriched stone anyway...

I know that this is necro, but it's better than making new thread.

Now we have Potion of Archery AP. I heard that is not very good if you want to train ranging in future, because mobs die too fast. I think that good idea would be to make training weapon - sling shot.

It would be cheap:

tools: carving knife

ingredients:

1 leather

2 threads

4 Magic Essence (thanks them threads would be elastic)

1 wood log

As ammo can be used: Magic Essence (1-5 magic damage), FE (1-5 fire damage), WE (1-5 cold damage) or Titanium Ore (1-5 physical damage)

Sling shot would have -90% to AP (good training also when you have +60% from potions), and maybe +1 accuracy per 10 ranging levels.

It would be relative cheap and funny weapon. What do you think about it?

Sorry for my English, I have some problems with writing in this language.

Sling shot would be more like Bone or Branch for fighters, but for archers.

Edited by Qin