Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Promose

Doesnt work

My map editor doesnt work :) . it says libgtk-win 32-2.0-0.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem. and you can guess it didnt :) . well any suggestions on how to get it to work?

Edited by Promose

I'm just wondering...maybe someone knows...but there are some online games that have continents that are just huge, and trees and plants and hills with elevations and stuff, but they were computer generated. I'm wondering if someone has tried to generate a map using some A.I. concepts. Like, computer generate a flat grid, add random (seemingly) hills, add seemingly random trees and clumps of houses and lakes, and use some A.I. methods to do this. The way the brain works, there can be an argument made for this kind of map creation to challenge human expectations when exploring. In a way, a map could be created and the final outcome would be unknown even to the computer program that generated it, until it was actually done. Um...this is how some other online games create maps, so I always wondered about this for EL. I'd be curious what AI fans think of this.

My map editor doesnt work :) . it says libgtk-win 32-2.0-0.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem. and you can guess it didnt :hug: . well any suggestions on how to get it to work?

Um they are manually created because they are more creative and AI generated ones wouldn't be as fun :hug:

I think it adds to the charm of the game that the maps are all player made. Some of these maps are gorgeous, I doubt any computer generated ones could compare.

Mapmaking is fun, and a great way for players to participate in the game development.