Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sheesh

Bots in VOTD

Yesterday and today I have had problems with the ANTS in VOTD. They seem to enjoy staying near the bridge that connects the two parts of the map. I have been blocked repeatedly and could only beam out as they would not move and I was trapped on the bridge. Can they be moved to a less so useful area or programmed to move from the bridge? :w00t:

Yesterday and today I have had problems with the ANTS in VOTD. They seem to enjoy staying near the bridge that connects the two parts of the map. I have been blocked repeatedly and could only beam out as they would not move and I was trapped on the bridge. Can they be moved to a less so useful area or programmed to move from the bridge? :w00t:

It may be a bug, and in that case Learner will look into it.

Don't forget, you can always use #help_me to get someone to move it :-)

It may be a bug, and in that case Learner will look into it.

Don't forget, you can always use #help_me to get someone to move it :-)

They pause between movements when they are hurt in order to restup and have a chance to heal. You can also blame summoners for causing a swarm of ants, because when a bunch die at once, it takes a while for the swarm to spread back out.

Another option is if people healed up the ants, get them close to their full hit points and theywill go merrily on their way.

They pause between movements when they are hurt in order to restup and have a chance to heal. You can also blame summoners for causing a swarm of ants, because when a bunch die at once, it takes a while for the swarm to spread back out.

Another option is if people healed up the ants, get them close to their full hit points and theywill go merrily on their way.

maybe. or perhaps you could tweak the code so that they won't enjoy being pinned in (which will help with them blocking chokepoints, but is also not unrealistic)

if they're in a thin path, they prefer to get to either end and move away from the thin area before stopping to rest. that sort of thing

Ants are funny :w00t: Well, until you lose an eye. I agree with Sheesh, they do cause congestion on bridges, especially the one in VotD. The anthill is mostly to blame, because it's current location is in Tarsengaard, so the Ants would naturally pass the bridge to get there. As for the wandering Ants, that's another problem that will need to be fixed somehow, wheather through making a tele-BOT that teleports you if you stay to long on the bridge to prevent congestion, unfortunately that wouldn't work so well, maybe install a tele-portal? That would ruin the scenery though. But again, Ants are a nuisance.

They pause between movements when they are hurt in order to restup and have a chance to heal.

They will heal even if they move, right ?

You can also blame summoners (...)

Why ?

I find it funny to see the ants dying...

I also make them stronger with my summoned and hope they ll get a strong level with that...

I think it should be easy when they wait for heal to tell them to make in tg where they are used to harvest...

But again, Ants are a nuisance.

I dont think so, they are funny and observing them is great when bored

They may be funny, but I too have noticed that they are quite annoying when it comes to the VoTD bridge. I have been blocked several times.

I do not want to have to heal them just so I can pass.