Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jakoblin

man got stuck on toilet seat.

Poor guy! I hope his bum isn't permanently scarred :)

Did you read that they are accusing him of getting glued to a toilet seat before? ROFL, perhaps he needs to rethink if there's something wrong with HIM :D

Poor guy. What are the chances that you get stuck on a toilet seat?after this im going to be more careful about sitting on toilet.

Well, they administered a lie-detector test on that guy...

Not sure which is worse for his bum - being glued to the toilet seat, or passing the lie-detector. :lol:

;) is he actually admitting that he's so stupid he should be taken out of the gene pool? sad thing is, law suits like that often get juries who should be taken out as well... give him money because he doesn't know how to operate a toilet? (or not realising that coffee is hot, whatever stupid reason)

trouble is, juries seem to think "well, if it happened to me, I'd sure like that money"... trouble is, they don't think of the economic damage they can do. a small company having to pay some moron a few million dollars might put them out of business. one person doesn't have to work anymore, and a dozen people are out of a job? yeah, it could happen

:blink: is he actually admitting that he's so stupid he should be taken out of the gene pool? sad thing is, law suits like that often get juries who should be taken out as well... give him money because he doesn't know how to operate a toilet? (or not realising that coffee is hot, whatever stupid reason)

trouble is, juries seem to think "well, if it happened to me, I'd sure like that money"... trouble is, they don't think of the economic damage they can do. a small company having to pay some moron a few million dollars might put them out of business. one person doesn't have to work anymore, and a dozen people are out of a job? yeah, it could happen

from what I've read/heard, he claims to have been glued to the seat - yeah, not exactly right, but he also claims employees laughed at him instead of getting help.

Also - Home Depot is no small company; rather, it's a large chain of hardware stores. Not like $3million will dent them seriously.

Honestly, I think $3mil is a bit excessive.

Not sure which is worse for his bum - being glued to the toilet seat, or passing the lie-detector. :lol:

Or not looking at a public toilet seat first before sitting down...I mean really, who doesn't wipe one off as best they can first? :blink:

from what I've read/heard, he claims to have been glued to the seat

yesss... that's likely. and in the unlikely case it's true, what's the new law gonna be? all places with public access toilets must clean the facilities after each use? (since if it was true, probably some other customer)

but he also claims employees laughed at him instead of getting help.

wouldn't you? not like laughter is always something you can control, and the situation is kinda funny

Also - Home Depot is no small company; rather, it's a large chain of hardware stores. Not like $3million will dent them seriously.

actually, you might be suprised just how tight things can be, even to a large company that might be a lot of cash (when you consider cost vs profit, even a big business might be scraping through)

but really, my comment on that is more on the in-general situation than here in particular. juries don't consider everything (having been a juror, I know to ask for a bench trial. jury is a nice idea, but it doesn't work like intended. one charismatic nut who's influenced by emotional details and ignores the rest of the case can convince the rest of the jury to make the wrong decision)

Honestly, I think $3mil is a bit excessive.

had his neck or spine been broken and he was unable to work at all for the rest of his life, then that sort of figure might, and just might, be close to reasonable (dunno what the average lifetime earnings are in the US, but around here it's probably like AU$3-5m... that's over your whole working life though, not just the part left, as applies to him)

I don't believe polygraph tests prove anything. People have cheated it before -- and some people have been framed by them. It may have legitimate bullseyes, but it has its misses. Why do you think that polygraphs are not allowed as evidence in courtrooms?

Also, asking for $3 million doesn't help this guy's credibility, considering he's been stupid enough to be glued to a toilet TWICE. You think he'd be more paranoid of these after the first time. Apparently, he should have drowned in the gene pool to save the world an average intelligence drop.