Eternal Lands Official Forums
Soldus

Tankel

Tankel Repair  

87 members have voted

1. 1. What, if anything should influence Tankels repair ratio?

• No More Tears perk gets repair bonus
    • Artificer perk gets repair bonus
    • High Charm (crossattribute) gets bonus
    • Other Ideas (please post)
    • Tankel should stay the way it is
    • Tankel repairs too well, make the ratio worse

i would like a combination of charm and perks.

The way that i would do it woud be that the perks articifyer and no more tears get you a +20% chance of being sucsessful. Then you would get the charm contribution of +5% (or something). There would need to be a base chance of 20% + 20% (from the base 4 charm) would result in the same base as we have currently.

I think the percentage should be one of those mysteries of the game. But I do like the idea that there would be different ways to increase your chances. And even the method of using them in conjunction for the best odds.

One down side: could a guild have one character loaded up on the perks and charm just for the better odds? Might be a bit unfair for such a "tank" to exist.

One down side: could a guild have one character loaded up on the perks and charm just for the better odds? Might be a bit unfair for such a "tank" to exist.

Somebody else pointed this out here too, and I totally agree. What's to stop people from doing this? This is a huuuuge problem imo.

Also I would prefer to go with charm and actually make some good use for it than increasing even more the desirability of an already established perk. I really don't think that is a fair way to go.

for me its sa nother idea, Tankel should give bonus with Hellspawn coz its hard reaching tankel when you got hellspawn lol :blink:

tell me what you think about tjat :pinch:

I think Tankel should be done away with (should make him pkable and let everyone take a turn killing him, then retire him) and then make it where the high level manuers have the ability to repair items.

Or...just leave Tankel how he is and make him pkable so that when he breaks your armor/weapon you can take your frustration out on him.

Currently, i hold the highest statistic for Charm within Guild LNX. Therefore this leaves me with a bit of a personal quandry: sure, for myself, the idea of Tankel being able to repair any items at a better percentage rate appeals to me. Then, on the other hand, my guildmates would always be asking me to take items to Tankel for repair so that they don't suffer the loss of an expensive item. Now, not that i would have a problem with doing this for my guildmates and ingame friends who ask me, and i also see this as an excellent opprtunity to exploit to make some extra gc from other players, the thought of constantly running back and forth to Tankel to have items repaired doesn't sit all that well with me. This could be something that ends up taking away my ingame time from other activities and does nothing to improve my character's stats.

Thusly, i am more inclined to agree with the notion that Tankel's item repairing services be phased out and the task of item repair becoming a player character skill. Which leads to another quandry: increasing the chances of players getting scammed by those who claim to be able to repair items and then claiming "sorry d00de, i lost your weapon from unsuccessfully repairng it :P". Yet, the player did successfully repair said item and now has that item to keep or sell in the market.

the player who asked for an item repair has no way of verifying the success or loss of their item(s). Thusly, said method is quite open to exploitation and abuse.

Now, let us consider for a moment the time period EL is set within. Economics are based on the theory that resources are scarce, and the scarcer a resource the more expensive it is. To give this some relevance to Tankel's repair services, consider that Tankel would need to acquire the materials necessary for said repairs, and that acquiring these materials would be very hard on Tankel's part. It would only be logical then to assume that Tankel's prices should be increased to be more inline with the rest of the NPC economy's price ceilings.

Further still, however, players will usually prefer to just drop the item and buy a new/different one from the player market as opposed to spending the gc to have the item repaired. While this may help to decrease the current surplus of items in the game, it probably won't be that much a decrease, and stands to increase the amount of bag-spam slightly.

Personally myself, i don't see that increasing Tankel's chances of losing items as helping to stabilise the demand and supply ratio of the current player economy. Myself, i feel that to be more inline with economic theory and to put some more realistic perspective on EL, the time period it supposedly takes place within should be given more consideration. This being that resources should be pushed more towards scarcity, the amount of monster drops need to be drastically decreased, and the ability to mass produce manufactured/crafted items must be curbed. There were no armor and weapons factories within the time period EL supposedly takes place in and therefore items were comparatively more expensive.

This should give players incentive to place more value on the items they possess, as well as incentive to work harder to earn other items, discourage players from going to IP and giving away items such as armor and weapons to new players(i was maybe in the game for 4 days and had been given many swords and armor from other players who saw me trying to earn the gc to gain those items and they asked for nothing of value in return), and hopefully an incentive to players to discourage others from begging. Thusly, it is only logical to assume that the supply must be drastically reduced. After all, where is the incentive for players to work on other skills besides attack and defense if everyone has everything?

Really keep Tankel how he is.

People are so going to abuse this, why get charm for better % on your own char if you can do it on an alt!?

Now i know i get some comments like "I'm going to get charm on my main because i'm not going to abuse it"

Well not many people are going to do that anyway.

Just what i think about it, so let it be like it is.

yea keep tankel like how he is

also manuers cant sell anything if you implement it

market prices are gone too low these days ppl dont buys any iron items

if you make tankel more good reapir ppl will no need manuer'S :/

Edited by belali

I think Tankel should be done away with (should make him pkable and let everyone take a turn killing him, then retire him)

His repairness, when it works, kills some player trading. I am against Tankel period.

Somebody else pointed this out here too, and I totally agree. What's to stop people from doing this? This is a huuuuge problem imo.

Isn't it the mods' job to stop things like that?... would just make your jobs more difficult then. :P

I voted other. I think players should be able to repair their own items based upon manu/craft skill (depending upon if the item was manu or craft). As it is, I just wear damaged stuff until it breaks because it's cheaper that way.

Edited by Mr.Mind

I agree completely. And Moderators should not have to keep an eye on characters who have high charm. I think Tankel should stay how he is. Or he should be removed, At least it would cycle items through well enough.

Extra note: If you threaten his daughter's life before giving him the item he repairs it everytime. Works for me!