Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Random days

Good idea - except I don't necessarily like the idea of no rares while mining/making. That'd make artificier perk a total waste on those days. Maybe instead have the chance lowered by about the same as the increased chance of rares on the good days?

That's the idea. In the good days it will be increased by 100%, in the bad days decreased by 100%.

Final thought - Isla Prima should remain as a "buffer zone" against this happening to newbies, I think. Give them a place where they can get acquainted with the game without having to have the bad luck of joining on a bad day and being so ticked off they just leave.

Not to pick nits here, but I think Arnieman is looking more at: chance doubled on good days would be equivalent to being halved on the bad days. I like this idea.

The possible problem with making IP a "buffer zone" is that IP will likely get far too crowded, as everyone will #beam/go there for everything they want to do on a bad day for manu/fasting, etc, possibly presenting gameplay problems. Although I do agree that there may be problems with game reputation if someone is affected by a bad day or really bad day on their first day here.

Tigs

PS: I agree that being able to only use feasting potions would create a good market for this potion that presently has no real market

I do like the general Idea very much though.

A great idea to introduce more variation into the game & also the potential to make the Gods more than just figureheads. Letting players know what day it is would be important, & while "#day" would probably be the easiest way to implement it, it is not the most convenient .... could it be incorporated into the client GUI without too much trouble?

Tigs: Actually, I was thinking along the same lines as Entropy noted - 100% increase balanced by 100% decrease... however all I was was increased chance vs. no chance doesn't seem too nice if it were like 50% increase vs. 100% decrease.

If it were only halved (50% decrease), I wouldn't think it should be doubled.

Sure all new features are mostly interesting for all old players. But also as someone there already said...maybe some things should be activated only after certain oa level to avoid making life of newbies miserable.

I already once was to suggest a mean to test how many players server can handle : *Happy hour*

And a happy hour which would for example give double xp and double rare items...it would be declared before hand. Maybe it would be some sunday most popular time. Maybe only once a month or so just"for fun"..to test server freezing level.Maybe also could be warned about possibility of crash..;)...

Already been waiting that cooldown feature but thought that it can also has a lot disadvantages if its not "finetuned" enough well for every type of player..also newbies..

And for everyone who not already have "donated" by voting...now its time..;)

I think this is a great idea...... but really hope the percentage chance will be way reduced. If not it will become to common of an occurence, and ppl will just wait on those good days to power train. That's just my .02 cents worth

I love the idea!

I dont think 30% is too often tho. I assume there will be only 1 effect per day, so if you want to wait with fighting untill it is a good day for it (e.g. items dont break) you will have to wait pretty long! If there are 20 different effects, only once every 20/0.3 =67 days your items wont break (ingame time, so will be more often in RL time).

Please implement this ;)

Yeah, thats one of the best idea ive heard since ages. The only 'ask' is about making the day marked somehow, what day it is actually (bad or good) as Roja said, and even what effects are currently on...

other case ppl will complain again.

other way, if the special day would be choosen, you can just pick randomly 2 'randoms' from all available (1/1 0/2 2/0 good/bad) and set it for that day

To me it sounds like suggestions aimed at making the game more interesting for those players who have played for a long time and are possibly getting a bit bored. I think for newbs and players just getting into the game and trying to increase their levels it could be particularly harsh. Struggling for a long time to get your first set of leathers and a broad sword may be a distant memory for some players but for others to lose them on a bad day because they were attacked by an agressive animal would be a real set back. Just MHO.

These days should be for all, if implemented its a feature not a level thing.

The fasting day seems to be the most "popular" issue, so I'm wondering if you are forgetting one thing here? This is one day od possibly 20 or more special days. The cance for such a dya to occur in any case will probably be limited to something like 10% or so. It is not likely that you will experience a fasting day more than 2 times per RL year (and even less since most ppl don't really play 24/7). What's the problem?

We are refering to "day" as EL day? No biggie then. lets increase the possiblity and increase things on both sides :hug:

I like the idea of having every EL day roll the dice and decide if it should be a good day or bad day. Also it should vary from Extreme to Extreme, a dynamic change. I think Dynamic change in Monsters attack/Defense would be very interesting in these days. :P

It's good to see new ideas and suggestions put forward to enhance the game. But personally I would just log out on a bad day and go and do something else. I could envisage lots of other low level players doing the same. The experienced players could count the tumbleweed I suppose...

Actually, the experienced players would probably have a hay-day. Go on Random trips, exploring, things they never do in the course of a "normal" day.

So the effects of the day only last 6 hours (1 EL day)? Or are you talking about a full 24-hour RL day?

EDIT: Oops, reread the first post. An ingame day.

So if it's only 6 hours, won't those who aren't interested in playing under bad conditions just switch off EL and do something else? Unless maybe you organise a lot of community activities and contests to occupy people's time. (Imagine fighting a invasion on the day when all weapons have 100% chance of breaking and there are no drops... :hug: )

Edited by Shouja

To me it sounds like suggestions aimed at making the game more interesting for those players who have played for a long time and are possibly getting a bit bored. I think for newbs and players just getting into the game and trying to increase their levels it could be particularly harsh. Struggling for a long time to get your first set of leathers and a broad sword may be a distant memory for some players but for others to lose them on a bad day because they were attacked by an agressive animal would be a real set back. Just MHO.

Why I suggested IP remain a "buffer zone" for newer players and those that don't want to play in the badness (well, goodness shouldn't happen there either, to be fair.) Since there are few resources and no storages, it makes it difficult to just "load up and make stuff". Not only that, but if you leave IP, you'd lose your nexii - and if you return, it'd be at least a minute after you return before you could do much. Not only that, but not beaming would stop people from going to IP without at least a ring. THEN, you risk death if you leave, and if you leave armor or weapons, you'll break everything if even a rabbit attacks.

Personally, even though I suggested it, I think it'd suck if a bear just walked up to me out of the blue and attacked - I'd likely die.

Also, my added suggestions were only for a "real bad day" , not really for normal bad days (except maybe Scotty's Vacation)

I like this idea, it will bring some new life to the game. Will log in and think, now is this gonna be a normal day, or am i gonna find lots of rare items, or is everything i own going to break..

the only thing i would take out in the bad days is the no eating thing cuz then it would be impossible to get any work done that day besides trying to raise you a/d lvls.

-kat

Beside fight you can cast spells, harvest, summon, chat, explore etc etc. The fasting day will purify your soul, no doubt.

Can't summon with a negative food level Derin.

These days should be for all, if implemented its a feature not a level thing.

The fasting day seems to be the most "popular" issue, so I'm wondering if you are forgetting one thing here? This is one day od possibly 20 or more special days. The cance for such a dya to occur in any case will probably be limited to something like 10% or so. It is not likely that you will experience a fasting day more than 2 times per RL year (and even less since most ppl don't really play 24/7). What's the problem?

The problem is that the chances for 9 harvesting events in one harvest of 120 items is almost 0, yet i have that every other day. :unsure:

I eat ALWAYS, whatever i do, it's part of my gameplay and character development, and a day w/o any food would mean a lost day for me, i dont explore w/o food either, or do anything else...actually i would most likely log off for that time, since i wouldnt want my food level to drop below zero.

-_-

Guest InsanePerson

I agree that adding random days would be a fun idea. I think that

A) There should be some warning for some of them, as it would be very annoying to be in the middle of scary monsters with a mm and exc cape, and suddenly have the monsters kill you with no warning, making you lose your capes. Also, maybe the game should give you a minute before mm wears off if you log in in a no mm day in a dangerous place.

:unsure: Maybe certain perks should reduce the effects of bad days ie, artificier perk might make your chance of making EFEs normal on a day with no random events.

I like it..

Its like having a bad-hair day..and..come to think of it, i dont eat anyways when having a bad-hair day so..yeah..I like it :unsure:

And for those who worry about not able to do/manu anything while fasting: try talking or hugging ya neighbour..just sit down and listen to others..you might 'lever'more that way then in any other skill :icon13:

And the good days..hmm..sounds like chocolate-days to me..BIG boxes..eat-all-ya-want days..amusements-park- feeling-days, prfect hair-days..do I like it? oh yes..I like it..:w00t:

How ever did you think of that, Ent ? :cry: you must have a twisted mind somehow..you sure you're not a witch like me? :)

*hugs*

Jez

I think its a good idea :) and will make the game more intresting.

But i think it would be best if it didnt affect newbs. so until you have a certain oa level it will not affect you.

If you had zones people would go there on bad days only so it wouldnt be fair.

(sorry if someone already suggested :) )

and do summons get there normal health back after the "summon gets more health day" is over ?

i mean, if you summoned a chim at 5:59 ingame time