Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Random days

Basically, my idea is to make a few special days, which will be selected randomly at the beginning of each ingame day.

So there will be a chance for a day to be special (maybe 30%) or just be a normal day.

Now, the special days will be good or bad.

I think it's a great idea. Any world that is so intimately connected with its gods needs frequent Acts of teh Godz to keep the worshippers guessing. (Grin) I think 15% odds (would correspond to about once per week if the game tracked weeks) would be a little better. It's a role-playing game after all, not a disaster movie.

And although it may hurt, I'm going to agree that bad days should outnumber good days. The game should be challenging.

I nominate "Mother Nature's Day Off" as one of the possible good days. It'd be nice to go a day without a wall collapsing somewhere. Bad days might include "tax day," where every time you pass though a door, portal, or change maps you lose a gc (or some percentage of the gold you're carrying).

Dave

The days WILL be announced when they start. Not ahead of time, just when they start.

And yes, maybe 30% is a little bit too much, 10 or 20% might be better values.

Good idea - except I don't necessarily like the idea of no rares while mining/making. That'd make artificier perk a total waste on those days. Maybe instead have the chance lowered by about the same as the increased chance of rares on the good days?

Another idea - random chance of 1 per 3 months in EL - "Really Bad Day".

1.) Monster Magnetism and defense levels are ignored completely.

2.) Animals become aggressive.

3.) Players a/d levels and phys and coord stats are effectively halved for the day.

4.) No bonuses for harvesters.

5.) Drastic increase of disaster for harvesters.

6.) Drastic increased chance of critical failures in manu/alch/pot/craft/etc.

7.) Nexii all go to 0/current, cannot use any armor or make anything requiring a nexus that whole day (and if wearing armor in battle, it breaks instantly.)

8.) All NPC stores close - NO NPC (not even quest NPCs) will talk to the players.

9.) Scotty's Vacation - #beam me (up) doesn't work.

Final thought - Isla Prima should remain as a "buffer zone" against this happening to newbies, I think. Give them a place where they can get acquainted with the game without having to have the bad luck of joining on a bad day and being so ticked off they just leave.

Yeah, that sounds funny. And some other suggestions mentioned here too, like one god is in a good/bad mood.

Or, another idea, maybe race dependent.

The day of the elf, elves become uber mages and can cast spells without or only a small loss of mana.

Dwarf's day, they become uber fighter with a defense level raised by 50%.

Gnome's day, well.... gnome roast day, they get a free fire essence and a stick. :)

My 2 cents.

Piper

Good idea - except I don't necessarily like the idea of no rares while mining/making. That'd make artificier perk a total waste on those days. Maybe instead have the chance lowered by about the same as the increased chance of rares on the good days?

That's the idea. In the good days it will be increased by 100%, in the bad days decreased by 100%.

Another idea - random chance of 1 per 3 months in EL - "Really Bad Day".

1.) Monster Magnetism and defense levels are ignored completely.

2.) Animals become aggressive.

3.) Players a/d levels and phys and coord stats are effectively halved for the day.

4.) No bonuses for harvesters.

5.) Drastic increase of disaster for harvesters.

6.) Drastic increased chance of critical failures in manu/alch/pot/craft/etc.

7.) Nexii all go to 0/current, cannot use any armor or make anything requiring a nexus that whole day (and if wearing armor in battle, it breaks instantly.)

8.) All NPC stores close - NO NPC (not even quest NPCs) will talk to the players.

9.) Scotty's Vacation - #beam me (up) doesn't work.

Final thought - Isla Prima should remain as a "buffer zone" against this happening to newbies, I think. Give them a place where they can get acquainted with the game without having to have the bad luck of joining on a bad day and being so ticked off they just leave.

Excellent ideas :) Especially #9 :lurker:

i like the sound of that a lot. it kinda even puts the role of the gods into play more as well.

the only thing i would take out in the bad days is the no eating thing cuz then it would be impossible to get any work done that day besides trying to raise you a/d lvls.

-kat

the only thing i would take out in the bad days is the no eating thing cuz then it would be impossible to get any work done that day besides trying to raise you a/d lvls.

-kat

Beside fight you can cast spells, harvest, summon, chat, explore etc etc. The fasting day will purify your soul, no doubt.

I think the idea rocks and is pretty unique. Please do it.

However, the fasting could perhaps be altered to not be so devastating, as the other bad day effects seem to be 'workable' if you catch my drift.

What about combination days, like a really good thing and a really bad thing happening for that day? Could be quite fun if it was balanced right.

I have a question though...how would one know that the day is good or bad when they log on? example..it is a day where mm perk or cape does not work, I just log on with valuable items in my bag and start to walk somewhere and get attacked and ied....? that would be not very good especially if I had not known it was already a bad day

The days WILL be announced when they start. Not ahead of time, just when they start.

And yes, maybe 30% is a little bit too much, 10 or 20% might be better values.

why not special icons for each effect above the clock? so when u can get more hp with summon day ther eshould come a icon above the clock with a animal and a BR or something, u get the idea :>

Edited by Shivar

Good Idea, no GREAT IDEA!...cept the day of fasting seems a bit harsh..maybe makin u lose more than 1 food point per minute or no eating during 6 hours like an actual fast(no eating during daytime) would be better.

But Good idea!

I like this alot, it puts a bit more challange 2 the game, u'll have 2 find other ways 2 solve things and u'll have 2 think about what 2 do in that day depending on if it's a good 1 or a bad 1, just like RL.

Go for it! :P

IMO it's rubbish....

Why dont you get to work on some new stuff, like weapons and armors instead of such a useless ideas...

What about tit plate? or maybe some two-handed swords? or dual wield weapons (and skills also)... think about that....

P.S.

Shared vison and land mines are also waste of time - in my opinion.

Especially land mines. I thought EL is fantasy rpg, not iraq-war simulator... but do like u wish, its not my time and not my money. I will still be playing EL, it's great game, and you guys have already done great work, but i think you are going in wrong direction.

Edited by BloodSucker

:P Great Idea!!

ideas: good days

1) 5% to 10% increase in exp. on one or more skill per item made, cast ie.....

2) degraded armor/wepons has a 0 failer rate to be fixed.

3) radam good perks are applied for the day with no pp used.

Bad days

1) 5% to 10% less exp. on one or more skill per item made, cast ie....

2) radum bad perks applied for the day with no pp given to be used.

3) ever 37th person to log on is made pkable for a hour of in game time.

(logging of will stop timer till you log in and complete your hour)

Just more ideas to ponder over as you work on details. But a very good Idea!!!!

I love it!!!! :P:)

Edited by FirEBallS

I think some of the ideas are good. However, the no eating is a little harsh, maybe you get less food from each different food source. Also, for the really bad day...i think that it would just be a day off for most el'ers. The no nexus would be to hard to do anything, all you could do was harvest lilacs or something, unless yo uhave the stuff you want to make in your storage.

I think some of the ideas are good. However, the no eating is a little harsh, maybe you get less food from each different food source. Also, for the really bad day...i think that it would just be a day off for most el'ers. The no nexus would be to hard to do anything, all you could do was harvest lilacs or something, unless yo uhave the stuff you want to make in your storage.

Theres always potoins of feasting.

Edited by sparhawk

overall it is a resonable idea but i really don't like fasting i don't think the game should temporarily make things impossible but makeing things harder would be a resonable compromise.

How will the effects be implemented? if the day is 'good' or 'bad' do you get all the effects or a selection?

The way i would do it is randomly determine wether the day is good or bad and then randomly choose what effects will ocur with some variation on how many effects will ocur.

Whatever happens there should be warnings about the day broadcasted, this should be a special message broadcasted to people logged in stateing the day type and the effects as well as a mesage sent when the player loggs in.

Anyway here are some more idea's:-

good day:

- death has a day off. you no longer are sent to hell just sent back to beam without losing items (just like newbies)

- blessed, everyone gets a blessing in one, many or all skills skill all day, ie everyone could get a +5 blessing in harvesting. it could be one skill or all skills.

- no loss day, while you still can fail items you will not lose the ingredients this should include turk.

bad day:

- cursed, everyone gets a curse (negetive blessing) in a skill.

- hunger, insted of makeing it impossible to eat make you have to eat more ofen. you could for example get -3 or -5 food each minute with a reduced effect with Powersaving where you might loose -1 per minute.

- level based pkable, people that are within +/- 5 attack or defence can attack you on every map, it needs to be filter based or it will just mean that the top fighters will just kill weaker players.

i like some of fireballs ideas of haveing a temporary negetive or positive perk applied for the day and changeing the percent of experience gained each day.

I could live with the other things.. but the day of fasting effectively means the creation market dies for the day. Definitely not worth it.

*giggling* :lol:

Hope you atleast give it a shot for maybe a week or two.

I think it'll be fun..I can already hear all the groaning ..including my own :blink:

...or cheering ^_^