Eternal Lands Official Forums
Jarkava

ATM machines

I think it is funny that there is ATM machines that have brail. Do blind people drive???? I mean im not making fun of blind people. Or maybe its just in Florida??? ^_^

*sighs*

So people who can't drive don't need money? should just stay at home? why not just kill them? or put in a concentration camp?

:P

*sighs*

So people who can't drive don't need money? should just stay at home? why not just kill them? or put in a concentration camp?

that's not the point

the point is, if they can drive, they need to be able to see, hence they don't need braille

but like one o the comments in that links above says... backseat ATMers or whatever. there may be the occasional time when it's actualy useful

then again, how many people touchtype, and know the bumps on 'f' and 'j' (assuming qwerty keyboard, etc)? perhaps the non-vision-impaired drivers will get used to the braille as well and it may help them

*sighs*

the point is, if they can drive, they need to be able to see, hence they don't need braille

no THAT is not the point. He states that ATMs dont need braille since blind people dont drive.

But there is this for too many people unknown concept of WALKING (not even starting to talk about public transportation and wasting resources in this thread)

And astonishingly many blind people walk very well and thus are perfectly able to get to most ATMs, if not all of them.

That again means that of course there needs to be braille code on the keys.

I think it is funny that there is ATM machines that have brail. Do blind people drive???? I mean im not making fun of blind people. Or maybe its just in Florida??? ^_^

tries this again (first day with the new quotes :P )

I live in Florida! Don't get me started on the driving here! I would imagine there are a fair number of blind drivers here. <_<

Guys look at the title of the post, it says "drive through ATM's"

Also, I used be a branch manager at a bank, we were required by law (for insurance reasons) to NOT allow people to walk up to drive through windows or atm machines. We were required to have one specifically for walk-ups away from the car lanes. More than a few people have been run over because of people walking.

But I do see the point of backseat atm users, but it is still kind of ironic if you ask me, all things considered.

Edited by Aislinn

I live in Florida! Don't get me started on the driving here! I would imagine there are a fair number of blind drivers here. <_<

Meep i knew i shouldnt have tried driving at such a young age! What a mess that was.

I have a friend who is blind and drives, when he was a kid he used to ride a dirt bike around his house in circles. Some time ago my roommate won a car from him in a poker game...

Now he owns a vintage VW bus. Come to think of it, I believe he moved to Florida.......

There's no point in wasting extra money making a braille and a non-braille version of the ATM, so they just put braille on all of them. :P