Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nardo Lala

How much longer ? ( please join in )

Lol.. so do I. It's so confusing now, and it's getting harder and harder to write new ideas.

:/

Well, I have an idea for a new rp, based on d&d that our class does during study hall (wootage)...and I dunno weather I should leave it just to the old HML crew (delete any posts by other people) or open it up to everyone. I'm probably going to do the former, because the latter...well...take a good look at this roleplay alone -.-

Yes... just allow us, the old HML crew to post there. It's much better and a lot neater that way.

*No offense to the others*

Nardo looked up and braced his shoulders from the sudden rustle around him, his eyes tired of the long night. Tartarus jumped up from his lap while he got up. Leaning on his stick got up he looked at what had alerted him still making sure he was within the circle. With a loud hiss a few metres in front of him a strange mist appeared rising high and within it a dark shadow was taking shape. “Aaah, at last…he has arrived†Nardo thought and did a bow of courtesy towards it. “Greetings, Oh Dark One†He said in a sarcastic voice. “Tell me your wish now or be silent forever… I have places to go and people to meet†The prince cracked his neck and loosened his shoulders. “I can be short on this one†he chuckled and pointed his bony finger towards him.

The frog I want really but I just changed my mind. It flicked its fingers. A sudden thought suddenly appeared in Nardo´s mind, it burned in his brains, clawing away each second deeper making more and more damage. “No-o-o-o!†Nardo screamed…â€You really wish this ???†He fell to his knees, sick and tired of it all. Why should he bother? He held his head in his arms and let himself fall forward face down. “All right, Oh Dark One, You have won!â€

THE END

WTF??

Nardo??

:| The same nardo that pm'd me that he's leaving...something about rumors and flames against you by Aira and me?

What's come over you? :D

WTF??

Nardo??

:| The same nardo that pm'd me that he's leaving...something about rumors and flames against you by Aira and me?

What's come over you? :D

I think he's drugged up on acid or something...

He sent ME a pm as well... saying something about me and Tumaros cutting him down or some shit.

WTF Nardo?! Put your head on striaght... neither I or Tum would ever flame a friend... never...

No Aira you are wrong…I leave those experiences over to Timothy Lery, Tenacious D., William Burroughs and others who’s name I now can’t remember.

The reason for my surrender and the possible end of my part is that the willpower to write has been knocked out of my heart by the whining, bickering and spam posted. This and the fact that if there is one thing in my life that I detest most its censorship. The fact that parts of the story could be edited or deleted by random shocked me completely. I just hate straightjackets. Also the thought that the title of the project would had to be changed because it had to be a more classic fantasy-like title…small-minded people still rule.

This and the fact that I started to receive pm´s again. I still remember the first one I received from you Aira, which contained more than 90% words written in capitals ( you never flame friends don’t you ) I just was not looking forward to your next one.

Sylvanna I had met in-game, a girl with a brilliant sense of humour and good spirit and she looked forward to post in here. Just flick back one page and you’ll see my point.

One night, when I was enjoying by my own iced herbal tea and noting down ideas for this story Zabar asked me a simple rhetorical question which have been stuck in my mind ever since and I’ll repeat it again. The exact words were “How much longer would how much longer be if how much longer could be…â€

I have several books where there are 5 or more different storylines running through each other, sometimes entwining, sometimes not even coming close to each other, not having a clue what they could be together until the very last page, other books where the chapters are written by different writers making the best stories ever.

I just could not stand it any longer the silly arguing that it was soooo confusing. . I could really not see the problem if for instance a door was green in one post and in three posts later it was suddenly red. So what?…it will be red from then on until the next change.

This version “How Much Longer? Was the very first post in the Role-Playing Section. It was still empty. I thought when I posted the first post, a fresh start, new challenges, with new blood and new ideas, new writing styles and characters, not another fifteenth thousands version of young boy with flaming red / blond / blue / black hair and a scar / tattoo / medallion has his birthday / ceremonial rites / goes herb searching / has an errand by the major, and finds damsel in distress / dragon / sword / new magical powers blablablablabla. Just look in the chapter section and you’ll find that all other stories in this section after a few posts the inspiration runs dry and it stops. Silly clones of stories written many many times before. No, How much longer? would be different, inspired by the former posts of the story this could be different. And so it was and is…until.

I wanted it to be an open place. Also for people who don’t or can’t write but also wanted to make suggestions. Even if their grammar is not up to standards. Embrace them, not scare them away. English is not my mother language or my native speech, I still have to look up words, its all about enjoyment and challenge. The restrictiveness laid upon with you’re and Tumaros suggestions and attitude just took away my willpower and lust.

I love this game from the first day I played it, now many moons ago. This game is playable worldwide and so are the forums, watched and enjoyed by people 24 hours a day. A world full of creativity and potential. But look at these forums, there are probably more flames posted than suggestions. It even has infected the Role-playing Section.

Nardo´s surrender may not be the very end of this story. Maybe I can be saved? I don’t know… I leave that up to you. Try me.

...Nardo...what have you been smoking / drinking / injecting? This does not sound like you at ALL...like some :twisted: evil twin / brother / alter-ego that's hacked into your name

NARDO before i get TOO angry at you. Just FORGET what other people do, YOU don't conrol them. YOU don't need THEM. Just take a break and realise what you might be doing, DO NOT make choises when you are angry. PLEASE nardo please?

I flipped, I admit. It had been a few horrible days and I had a temperature. I suddenly got angry for all the wrong reasons. But I did. And I should not have said what I had to say to you Aira and to you Tumaros, I had a nervous breakdown and was definitely blinded by anger, a feeling that is so strange to me, and the only person I truly wanted to hurt really was myself. I can only deeply apologize to you Aira and to you Tumaros. And everybody who reads this and had to go through my tantrum. I so regret the actions I have done. I deeply hope I am still welcome.

:sighs deeply.

This thread has gone to the dogs anyways...

Why don't ya'll joing in on my new Role Play.. Rituals and Burnings.

It's bound to get interesting with the theme of the story.

I think the story will be a challenge.. and a challenge is always good.

HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE, GUYS!!

:)

“Ribbbit†Zabar quickly crawled from Nardo´s neck to his ear. “Don’t let the…ribbbit…darkness win so easily…ribbbit…remember…†A demonic loud laughter and a million thoughts and visual images of total despair were flashing and screaming loudly in Nardo´s brain. Slowly he turned his head to face the frog, his forehead touching the sand. With watery eyes caused by the pain of the gnawing loud noise inside his head he glanced back at him. “Ribbbbit…remember…the ribbbbit pledge†He could hardly see his old friend but bit-by-bit the words seemed to sip through.

The frog then faced the Prince and raised himself on his back legs. He mumbled an unpronounceable spell and the inner circle started to glow more brightly and raised itself from the ground creating a faint glowing white barrier around them. The sadistic laughter and drainage of willpower and courage suddenly stopped in Nardo´s head. Clear thoughts were once again flowing through. He got back up with the help of his long stick. With every movement he fell his courage and willpower recuperate. Once fully erect he faced the Prince of Darkness again. This time with straight shoulders and a clear look on his face, no longer tortured by pain. His piercing eyes met the cold glowing ones, twinkling back with pleasure.

“No longer shall thy foul my thoughts!†Nardo shouted. The Dark One just grinned back. “Who?...You’re little lot will stop me???†laughed the Prince. â€You and your little menagerie here… Mhuahahaha.†Nardo just frowned, raised his right arm in the air and twirled the staff. The outer ring of the magic circle now started to glow brightly and also raised itself, creating a second barrier shining brightly in all colours of the spectrum.

Nardo braced himself and clasped the wooden staff back in both hands. He felt a glowing light deep inside him getting stronger giving him more courage by the minute although he had to swallow when he suddenly noticed the long sword that the prince had drawn. Its blade was enormous and glowing coldly, electricity was running up and down the blade. “Where the heck did he get that from…†Nardo moved a few steps backwards taking a defensive stance as agile as a cat. The magic circle moved along with him. It moved with all the movements Nardo made. The Dark Prince raised the sword in the air. The buzzing of the electricity got stronger and a large black glowing sphere appeared from the tip of the blade, growing in size by the second. “Whooooosh†Suddenly the sword spitted its magic, in a quick speed it was shooting its black venom towards Nardo, already charging for its next load. “Mhuahahaha…I have to tell my family about you…mhuaaahahahaaaa….â€, gloated the Prince aiming for his next shot.

Meanwhile Zabar looked at Tartarus and hopped closer to the blue arcanian tigerwolf. The beast just growled to what was happening, keeping close to Nardo´s legs and took no notice of the frog. The frog quickly jumped on his back, crawled to its neck and grasped both paws firmly around the collar. Within an instant both animals started to glow and with a strong leap, a loud growl and a fridged ribbbit they jumped out of the circle.

The electrical balls splattered against the barrier leaving large burning marks eating away its defence. With great speed and elegance Nardo deflected most of them, sometimes able to send them back to sender with a quick flick of his stick…

A the same time, close to the ground and keeping in the shadows Tartarus and Zabar moved themselves closer to the Dark Prince…

(pfew… talking about cliffhanger…that’s it for now though…more to come soon...back to bed now with more tissues and hot lemonsip first (a family of influenca is having a christmas party inside me ) Anybody in the meantime wanting to participate and influence this fight please do.

Hope you feel better soon! :( I hate having colds...especially the flu...agh...>.<...BTW it almost sounds like the end of the LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring movie :wink:

Man, will you people never ever scare me like that again... I just skimmed through the new posts at first (me getting back from vacation and all) and I was kinda *shocked*. Sylvanna did make a point, and I didn't get Aira yelling at her, then Nardo almost ended it all... weird...

I'm gonna read Nardo's last post, skim through the other forums and get some sleep to recover from the shock. Then I'll post.

Geelef

WELCOME BACK GEELEF!!!!!

:) :) :D

Gee,gee,gee,gee,gee,gee,gee,gee,gee,gee,gee,it'sGEELEF!YAAAYbeensoLONGwhereyabeenhaventseenyouinalongtimemerrychristmasHOHOHOandabottleofrum!

Wow... weird phrase you have there Tum.

o.O

Anyways... WELCOME BACK GEE!

Lol, thanks you guys :)

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you too!

I've made up some nice idea's for the story, but they gotta wait till the right time comes to implement them. You'll love m. :)

The electrical balls splattered against the barrier leaving large burning marks eating away its defence. With great speed and elegance Nardo deflected most of them, sometimes able to send them back to sender with a quick flick of his stick…  

A the same time, close to the ground and keeping in the shadows Tartarus and Zabar moved themselves closer to the Dark Prince…  

just gonna move on from here, if you people don't mind :)

After a few minutes of acurate dodging the electrical balls sent at Nardo by the Dark Prince's sword, a surpisingly small and fast ball passed through the outer barrier, creating a small but deep burning mark on the inner barrier. That mark got bigger and bigger with the second, weakening the barrier. Nardo couldn't afford to let the inner barrier fall, so he sat down to restrengthen it. For a split second the Dark Prince seemed surprised by this move. That was the moment Zabar and Tartarus were waiting for. They jumped out of the shadows with a great roar and a small *ribbit*. The Dark Prince tried to dodge the attack of the Arcanian Tigerwolf, but Zabar's magic kept him from leaping far enough.

When Nardo looked up again, only seconds after he sat down, the burning mark on the inner barrier had dissappeared, along with much of Nardo's power. Then his eye fell on the Dark Prince who was no longer sending electricity at him. On the contrary, his sword pointed to the ground, held loosely in one hand, his other hand was pushed against his face. That same face seemed to have turned into a fountain of blue goo. The scratch made by Tartarus' claws bleeded more then just blood, with that green blood all willpower, agility and strength seemed to leak out of the Dark Prince's body. Hah! Nardo thought. Scratched by Tartarus, a bit enhanced by Zabars magic, and you're almost down.

As if the Dark Prince had heard Nardo's thoughts, he shouted:

'No! This can't be! A mere wolf, combined with the magic of a frog...'

And ofcourse, it couldn't be. The Darkest of All roared in agony, sending out a powerful wave of magic. Although the barrier deflected most of the power, Nardo still fell backwards, landing a few meters away.

When he had gotten up, the Dark Prince was holding his sword up again, the blade shimmering in the darkness. The blueish goo on his face was still there, only the wound didn't bleed anymore. Weakened by the attack, the Prince shaked a bit, but he still had enough power to send more electric balls at Nardo.

*sniffs* Anyone? I miss HML...

I know... It was really nice back then... *wipes away a small tear* Just plain roleplaying, nothing that disturbed it... But all good things eventually fade, only to leave evil behind. Remember when you (atleast I guess it was you) that HML might go on forever - back then it was realism, right now it's something we can only dream of...

All glimmering memmories of the old HML is not lost.. as soon as the story (put together by Tumaros) is released... we can relive and enjoy the adventures we put our characters through.

I don't feel the need to post on this one, anymore... it's now just plain ole' crap. Crap, I tell you.

::insert saddened sigh here::

I can't wait to read the old one again... in full force, and all together.