Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Calein

Modable Armor

I searched for modable armor, magic armor and saw some suggestions, but I thought I would just throw it out there. It would go the same way as modable weapons. It would be very rare and when you enchanted it you would gain a sort of protection, (heat, cold, radiation....) Maybe for just metal armors, iron chains and up, with the possibility of having shields and helms as well. Maybe have the armor glow as the swords do now, or just tint the armor a little more. I was just proposing the idea.

Thanks for reading this

I searched for modable armor, magic armor and saw some suggestions, but I thought I would just throw it out there. It would go the same way as modable weapons. It would be very rare and when you enchanted it you would gain a sort of protection, (heat, cold, radiation....) Maybe for just metal armors, iron chains and up, with the possibility of having shields and helms as well. Maybe have the armor glow as the swords do now, or just tint the armor a little more. I was just proposing the idea.

Thanks for reading this

Wait....do you mean like if you had say a Titanium Chain of Ice, would they protect against ALL incoming damage or only if the opponet used a weapon of Ice?

Maybe the "of ice" should add +5 to the protection vs cold so a Ti chain of ice would be cold+3 instead of cold-2.

If you were to enchant a piece of modable armor, it would provide a increased protection, I'm not for sure how the dev. are developing the enchanting system for weapons, but Im sure they have somthing good up their sleeves. The same Idea could be used for armor, whatever the idea is, but instead of damage, the magical effect would provide protection. These protections could be anything from heat and cold and radiation, to increased overall protection and protection from anged weapons. Though like I stated before I have no clue how the devs are going to put in this system. Just a suggestion, If I need to clarify more please tell me. Pretty bad at explaining myself

Everything thing that can be made should have either an enhanced or modable form.

I want my modable pants!

Actually I am serious there :D

I have been assuming that a modable item would have 'slots' into which enhanced items could be perminantly embedded. These would include enhanced essences, as well non-manufacturable artifacts such as serpent stones (there could be many more -- the rarer the better).

...embedding a serpent stone in my pants...

Edited by trollson