Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sparhawk

Apallis's Story

The Story of Apallis

Part 1

The figure had short brown hair, worn down armor and a plain sword hung from his side. He had no visible scars and he walked with the grace of a hunter. Apallis walks down the road to the lake side village, his boots are not fancy but he takes pride in them and walks with determination. He pauses at the docks and notes a wealthy merchant, and the merchant speaks to him.†You boy! Would you like to guard me to white stone city? The pay is handsome and it will be worth your whileâ€. Apallis paused, thinking over the merchant’s decision, at last he nodded. â€What is wrong with you?†the merchant asked “can’t you speak?†I shook my head. “Well it is of no matter, I have lodgings at yonder inn†as he points to the tall stone building. “My friend and I will be leaving in the morning, meet us there at dawnâ€. Apallis having no gold went to an alley and slept till dawn.

Apallis came to the inns door and was joined by two merchants and three other mercenaries. They left silently, with the mercenaries taking turns pulling a large cart. They continued until nightfall where we made camp. He joined in with the mercenaries, even though they had scorned him for being a mute. When they thought Apallis was asleep they spoke of a evil plot to rob the merchants, although Apallis had heard it he did not know what to do. The mercenaries outnumbered him three to one and surely the merchants did not know how to fight. That night by the smoldering fire Apallis slept shallow and tossed and turned till morning.