Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kasgoroth

Teleporting Spell

Unfortunatly I don't have the skills yet to test the existing "Teleport To Range" spell but I have some ideas that I wanted to write down. In case some of this is already implemented, or the spell works in a better way, forget this thread :)

Teleporting would allow a player either to go to a fixed point on a map or everywhere. e.g: a teleport spell that'll let you choose coordinates you want to go to, or pop up small-sized maps where you can click on a spot on that map and beam to it. You could also restrict such teleporting only to a surrounding area of the "blue spots", like let ppl teleport anywhere near a blue spot to any map that the user has previously visited (would require a history of places/maps where a player have been? So he won't be able to teleport to a place he has never seen before). The range of the area around the blue spot that a user can use for teleporting may also increase with his magic lvl. I don't know the grid-measure of the maps, but lets say 2 fields per magic lvl? OR 3 fields/1magic-lvl at magic-lvl's 0-10, 5 fields/1magic-lvl at magic lvl's 11-15, and so on and so forth...

The current Teleport to Range allows you to teleport to any walkable location you can see. It is probably more valuable now with the zoom-out patched client, but still a very short range spell.

The Teleport to Portals Room spell brings you to a place with several teleporters in it allowing you a choice of destinations, each destination being a somewhat inconvenient place on a particular map.

I think there could be additional teleport spells added to the game as long as they don't unbalance the game too much.

Well for teleporting, I was thinking have a selected 'gate' so to speak in each map. You can only go from the map your in to a surrounding map no further, and you cant go to the one your in unless you cancel the spell.

And they wouldnt have to be out of the way places, make it to wear spells do same thing as rings when you get high enough level (i.e. level 15 allows teleport to IP campfire sitr, and level 20 allows WSC gate enterance teleport, and 25 allows DP teleport, at the bridge in midle of map, and 30 allows Portland teleport to lake in center of map, 35 allows teleport to VotD...etc.)

That way if you work on your magic, rings are no longer needed, and teleportation will be come widely used.

BUT NO TELEPORTING ALLOWED IN ANY PK MAP, IT CAN CAUSE PROBLEMS!!!

sorry for caps...