Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ember

#Guild Message of the Day

I would like to see a new command for guilds entered called #GMotD (comand prompt can be worked on)

basicly its a message anyone with rank 18+ can change that will pop up when you log in so anyone in the guild can see and read it an easyer way to inforum guild members of things that are going on when others are log'd out

example

you would type it like this

#gmotd Welcome to guild blah blah blah, newest recruits (newb 1-8). Update to check out the forums for new allies/enemys list blah blah... Iner guild contest winner is (newb 3) See (non newb 53) to claim prize! ect ect

and it would look like this

#Guild Message of the Day: Welcome to guild blah blah blah, newest recruits (newb 1-8). Update to check out the forums for new allies/enemys list blah blah... Iner guild contest winner is (newb 3) See (non newb 53) to claim prize! ect ect

maybe with the same line limite as the greeting welcome when you log into el, up to 70-100 words 350-400 charaters including spacing

It would be a nice addition to guild comands to help keep everyone infomed in stuff going on in there guild with new members or who to watch out for in pk ect

Sounds like giving high guild members the ability of moderaters.Of course in my opnion i like this idea, especialy if it was a diferent color than blue(make it dutch orange and ill hig you;)

its not a message that would go up any time they typed it out

it would only show up when you started up the game and or if you just join'd the guild

If the guild has a bot, that bot could be programed to display that info. I mean, this just in case this suggestion dont get implemented.

If the guild has a bot, that bot could be programed to display that info. I mean, this just in case this suggestion dont get implemented.

Problem with that is no every guild has a bot you know it cost alot of money to get one ingame to start

also the bot would be limited to 2 lines or it would have to spam to get the same amout of space

and it would need alot of coding to know when people log in to send the message and when a new member is accepted ect

would be MUCH nicer to just have the command

its not a message that would go up any time they typed it out

it would only show up when you started up the game and or if you just join'd the guild

Okay i see.Well i stil like the idea, thanks for the clarafication.

:lol: ok now to just get someone with coding the game powers to see the idea and think the same thing

I like the idea of a log-on guild message. The color could/should be set to the color of the guild tag, and be used for a greeting and/or some basic info.

I'm not sure is should be called "of the day" tho.

I'm not sure is should be called "of the day" tho.

well, 'message of the day' or MotD is pretty common, and rarely is it changed daily... using the same term shouldn't be an issue

this is all server-side work, else I'd have gone and worked on it 8^P (well, you could do a client-side one, but it'd be ugly...)

LOL well the name can be worked on I do like the idea of the color changing with the color of your tag with the exception of the defualt yellow/gold tag leaving the message the defualt blue

@Doc

Even if you add them to the things buddy list you still have to code the bot to read that and it would spam when people log'd in and out as oposed to only that person loging in and out seeing the message, also you would have to go in and manualy add new members where if it was server side its auto as soon as the tag hits them

I like the idea alot, it would make it easier 2 reach ppl in other timezones then urself with important mesgs so i hope it gets implemented. :D

For the comand why not #GGM General Guild Message?

#guild_welcome #change_welcome #gmotd

which ever comand would work easyer just trying to keep the command in line with what the message would start off looking like aka

#guild_welcome blah blah

#Guild Welcome Message: blah blah

So its not that difficualt to rember but keeping it simple still and small so it doesnt take up the extra room you will need to type out the message so something smaller like

#GWM blah blah

The name isnt the biggest issue in my opinion just that the option for the message makes it into the game

the whole point is thou that its a GUILD thing so I would like to see it say # guild something or #something guild blah something

so newer players to the guild are not confused by it

which ever comand would work easyer just trying to keep the command in line with what the message would start off looking like aka

#guild_welcome blah blah

I like this form.

Its not like you gonna change it over and over, so making it without abbreviations is totally ok.

if anyone plays gw post a pic of the guild message thing they have..im toooo lazy but its the same idea really

Not just guild wars has this options alot of games do like City of Heros/Villians ect ect

But its not the same idea with that you have a larger space to type in and are not limited by your 2 line spaceing ingame

To have something like gws/cov/coh they would have to make it a window option to write out the message in that only guild members of rank 18+ or so would be able to access wich sounds like to much stress then just adding in a camand line delie

but hell what do i know :blink: I am insane

i posted a guild dipolmic thingy few week ago, message of the day could be in guild anounchment