Eternal Lands Official Forums
Kenneth916

Is Irillion livable...

I visited Irillion when it was first implemented, and there were no NPC's or storage or anything.

I understand that NPC's have been added for a while now.

I have a few questions about Irillion:

Are all of the flowers, ores and minerals also on Irillion or is it that some of them don't exist on Irillion?

When you die in Irillion do you go to an underworld beneath Irillion, or the same old one in IP?

About how many people are actuall 'living' on Irillion?

Kenneth I have been on Irlillion for almost 3 weeks now, it is livable. Of course some things take longer to make (coal is really far from storage) than on Seridia.

Feel free to PM me in game and ask for details (resources location etc.)

LR

edit: Forgot to say one very important thing: when you are making ess/bars on Irillion you can leave a bag full of harvested resources without worrying that someone will take it before you come back.

Edited by LadyReni

Not right for this thread but they really need some way to go both ways, 2,5k is way too much when you may have to go back to trade or something soon. Mayb make a no man's land where there are entrances from both maps, small area with a storage, but you can only go back to the map you started on so if i needed to sell someone something i could meet them there.

wud be cool :)

:w00t: :smartass: :D:):P

^^^^ those sileys dont get used enough so i had to give them some love

Edited by TheDoctor

Also, when you die and find your way out of C2's kewl underworld, you spawn at the Idaloran Cemetary.

Its not liveable right now, Everything is way to far from storage.

The only ore thats even remotely close to storage is silver, however its double the distance of the silver on c1, and its in d.chim infested area.

A few fighters are storeing everything they need before they make the trips, Then spending a few weeks there killing and going back to store some more.

There are also the explorers, They seem to be having good fun.

*edit

When there is a storage in palon, it will be much more liveable.

Edited by Zep

Well it does lack some resources...vials is one of them.

I'm sure that there will be more mines in there to come, as well as more storage npcs.

As far as I'm concerened...if the portal room for it worked - I'd immigrate!

It is not possible to get vials there, methinks....

yup no vial and no working magic shop (it is a problem to get spirit ess as there is no mercury here either)

Yeah.. I'm thinking I'm not ready to switch over yet...

Perhaps if you could cast Portals Room... from the Portals room and it would take you to Irillion or something...

Or if there were a separate market channel for each.. So if I went I could market my HE and potion stock to the fighters there..

*Dreams of Future*

Maybe a stupid question...but how do I get to Irlillion?

the path to Irilion is a secret... and like all secrets in EL, we suggest you explore and find it yourself... there's more pleasure from an accomplishment you make on your own (plus even if someone does tell you, answers aren't given in public since that can spoil it for those listening who do enjoy exploring for themselves)

Due to the ebul eternal gaurdians(mods and devs) this remains a secret to many people.

and it's insidious, too! since many others have found the way who are not devs(very broad definition goes here. that includes quests, maps, etc), mods, or even those who help test stuff and knew about c2 before it came out... most players understand or respect the idea of encouraging people to explore and learn EL for themselves

I think Irilion's realistic use at the moment is restricted to exploring & fighting, which is fair enough while problems are ironed out.

My only gripe is that the cost of transport for an antisocial seems grossly unfair ... 2.5 kgc is still a substantial amount of money to my character. Now I know people will say that "you accepted that when you took the perk", but I disagree ..... I am quite happy to accept the restrictions it places on my character in trading with NPCs, even if it is a pain at times, but transport to Irilion is a different thing. An exception should be made, just like I can still buy sigils or use the storages.

wait, what's this got to do with the guild EG (Eternal Guardians)?

It has nothing to do with the guild Eternal Guardians, but stems from the fact that waay back there was a guild for moderators, and that guild was the Eternal Guardians. That has changed since then, now EG is just like any other guild (in that respect).

My only gripe is that the cost of transport for an antisocial seems grossly unfair ... 2.5 kgc is still a substantial amount of money to my character. Now I know people will say that "you accepted that when you took the perk", but I disagree ..... I am quite happy to accept the restrictions it places on my character in trading with NPCs, even if it is a pain at times, but transport to Irilion is a different thing. An exception should be made, just like I can still buy sigils or use the storages.

yes. you took the perk. so did i. we're lucky that the ferrymaster will talk to us at all.

we got a lot of pickpoints for that perk, it's still a good deal (for some people, anyway. some will play in a style that they don't need the NPCs, some play so that they do. if you don't have it and read this, think long and hard about it. it's a lot of PP, but it's a big change)

and if you don't like it, there's always #reset

besides, irilion is a dangerous place, if you can't afford to stock up on stuff and then pay 2.5k to head over for an extended stay, maybe you're not ready to go there yet anyway

besides, irilion is a dangerous place, if you can't afford to stock up on stuff and then pay 2.5k to head over for an extended stay, maybe you're not ready to go there yet anyway

It's why antisocials should be so heavily penalized that I'm talking about: 1k vs 2.5 k is a big difference.

It's why antisocials should be so heavily penalized that I'm talking about: 1k vs 2.5 k is a big difference.

0pp vs. 10pp is a big difference, too. If you don't want the extra 1.5k, don't take the 10pps.

0pp vs. 10pp is a big difference, too. If you don't want the extra 1.5k, don't take the 10pps.

Some people might have taken the perk BEFORE Irilion was even created.

That changes little - IMO, you're lucky to have even the 2.5k option if you're antisocial - there's a bit that can be done with 10 extra pickpoints if you know what you are doing with them.

That changes little - IMO, you're lucky to have even the 2.5k option if you're antisocial - there's a bit that can be done with 10 extra pickpoints if you know what you are doing with them.

still...there needs to be a easier way to get to Irilion, maybe pay like 10 once then never have to pay again, but 2,5k every time is a lot

still...there needs to be a easier way to get to Irilion, maybe pay like 10 once then never have to pay again, but 2,5k every time is a lot

Jet fuel is expensive.