Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vanyel

Story Telling nights in Seridia

Here are stories of winners (still waiting for EngelNacht story):

EngelNacht story(10k gc):

Merciless Infatuation

Beaneath the fathomless sky above Isle Prima rested a figure clad in the most opulant of armor, who sang lifelessly to the lonely night. The eerie feminine voice echoed through the forest, attracting the most merciless of warriors. He perked his head up from afar and stood listening to the angelic serenade. His heart struck a fancy and a pang of bittersweet longing rippled through his veins. instantly he wander towards the source of the figure, captivated by the tantalizing voice that taunted his heated desires. Upon hearing his soft footsteps, the singing figure ceased the melody and glanced to the lovestruck warrior, beckoning to him with soft blue eyes and an outstretched hand. For it was dark and she wore a cloak, the warrior could not distinguish the figure's features, yet blindly wandered forth, sheathing his sword and gazing upon her. She rose to a stand and caressed her sweet form against him, and gazed into his eyes.

All he saw was death.

The End

BellX's story (10k gc):

The Legend of Vermor Castle

Rain lashed down as the assassin prepared himself. He was waiting outside Castle Vermor, hidden in the eager crowd who were waiting for the Lord himself to appear. He had armed himself with a crossbow with poisoned arrows, nothing more. He had disguised himself as a weapon salesman, but he was not here to sell weapons today. There were screams of delight (#FX : Screams of delight)

As Lord Vermor emerged from the dark castle. It was the annual parade of the wood elves, and Lord vermor was to start the celebrations. As Lord Vermor was having his speech the Assassin was on the move. He had found a suitable corner. He drew his crossbow and prepared to fire. All of a sudden, he heard a grinding noise. It was coming from right behind him. He flung himself around, but it was too late. There was a Sharp crack (#FX : Crack!) and a soft thud (#FX : Soft Thud). Screams of terror erupted from the crowd as the large statues that stood around the castle, started to move of there own accord. The Gargoyles had awoken! There was a rush For the gate as the terrified crowd tried in vain to escape, but there were too many gargoyles. Suddenly the gargoyles started attacking, and hell was unleashed. There were peasants flying everywhere, their blood spattered along the ground as the gargoyle swung their heavy fists at the innocent villagers who were now caught in a Swirling death-trap. Lord Vermor, who was now smiling his ugly smile, walked slowly back up the steps and into his castle. A short while later, he emerged again on the top balcony of his castle. As he looked down on the bloody courtyard he let out a Bellowing laugh(FX: Bellowing Laugh)But then, all of a sudden, an arrow, poisoned with the venom of a chimeran wolf (What do you mean chims don’t have poison? Well, in this story they do, ok? OK? Well, anyway)

Flew Speedily through his neck. He fell from the balcony and splashed into the moat(#FX: Splash). The assassin smiled as he breathed his last breath and said croakily " finally, an end to the evil that has been ruling WS for centuries." With that, he lay his head down and heaved full with his damaged lunges and said goodbye to the world.

The End

Assasin1's story (monster magnetism cape):

It was a dark and stormy night. I had been tracking the creature for hours, and finally I had found it. The creature stared at me, daring me to attack it. I grabbed my sword and lunged at it, but it blocked the sword with it's razor sharp teeth! it leaped toward me, but I pushed it back with my shield. I was getting tired, I feared that the creature would defeat me, sending me to the underworld where I would wonder for hours, looking for that stupid exit! But I saw that the creature was weaking also, so with one last burst of energy, I lunged at it with my sword, piercing it's chest! The creature had at last been defeated!.

And that's how I killed my first Rabbit! =D

Raen's story (mirror cape):

This is a story from long ago, a tale of mystery, magic, and woe. But mostly it makes fun of tirashazor (not really but I like to make fun of gnomes)

While exploring the lands supposed to be Eternal, some friends and I decided to explore the wonders of organized war events. After about 80 of us had gathered into separate teams, we marched off to various places in the kilaran fields map.

I was but a noob, only 30s in attack and defense. We were well outfitted, due to the noble efforts of our temporary guildmaster the_antiroot. (may his hair never fall out)

Equipped as well as we liked, we awaited the call for battle. Our warriors were silent, and our monsters still in their plane of existence.

Then suddenly! The blue text of wonder! It floated above us, calling us to battle!

Unfortunately, most of us were too busy watching the shiny swords and armor jingle around us. So we waited for the blue text, warning of battle.

Suddenly! Our hint was here! The noble Zeplin, summoner of the opposing team marched towards us.

Followed by 20 chimeran wolves….

Too late! The battle had started! And ended…We all died in about 2 minutes. The army of chims ate us, then ate our armor, then ate the chims who ate our armor.

Yeah, we got pwnt.

So now, we learn why summoning was outlawed in future wars. :P

Thanks all who take part in it. Your stories were great, but the four above were just best (in my and Lady Lumen's opinion).

I hope we will meed in one of taverns of Seridia one day for next night of telling stories (I promise it will take place) - so prepare more stories.

vanyel

<edit>

Since EngelNacht lost her story I decided to post it basing on my logs. Enjoy - I did.

Edited by vanyel

Do you want me to post mine? I still have it in notepad.

Edited by Dunian

noooo i mist it :rolleyes:

Edited by duckyo

Do you want me to post mine? I still have it in notepad.

215021[/snapback]

Sure Dunian! It will be much easier than going through logs. Thank you.

I had just strange idea, why not to make it kind of custom. We will go through taverns of Seridia and Irilion and telling stories.

*Note: Find lots of uber prizes*

It would be great, but I need to think about it a bit. The whole fun of it was that it was very spontenous and that's why it was such fun! Well... we'll see.

Listen and I'll tell a tale,

A tale of truth and fact...

Of a ranger and a storyteller,

In search of the black cat.

In the forests of Kusamura dark,

The story teller struck a light

"I hear the cry of the cat,"He said,

"Its call echos through the night."

The ranger replied, "Then let us go,

And hunt the dark feline;"

"You can keep what you may want,

But the head will be mine."

So off they crept off through the brush,

Over the river they crossed.

It didn't take long for them to find out,

That they were very lost!

After a hour of wandering in circles,

They stumbled upon a cat.

Its eyes were a yellow-green,

Its coat was coal-black.

After a battle hot,

They conquered the mighty beast.

Then found their way and went,

To the tavern for a feast!

Edited by Dunian

it leaped toward me, but I pushed it back with my shield. it leaped toward me, but I pushed it back with my shield.

215011[/snapback]

That's not supposed to be there twice. My computer was giving me problems and I accidently copy n pasted it twice. :P

Listen and I'll tell a tale,

A tale of truth and fact...

Of a ranger and a storyteller,

In search of the black cat.

In the forests of Kusamura dark,

The story teller struck a light

"I hear the cry of the cat,"He said,

"Its call echos through the night."

The ranger replied, "Then let us go,

And hunt the dark feline;"

"You can keep what you may want,

But the head will be mine."

So off they crept off through the brush,

Over the river they crossed.

It didn't take long for them to find out,

That they were very lost!

After a hour of wandering in circles,

They stumbled upon a cat.

Its eyes were a yellow-green,

Its coat was coal-black.

After a battle hot,

They conquered the mighty beast.

Then found their way and went,

To the tavern for a feast!

215186[/snapback]

[High chant]

Of a ranger and a storyteller.

Lovely the way the story ran

It is true to the core,

every knot, wit, and jot.

The tale he spun I love a lot

Did our expedition inspire such tales Dunian?

Of coragous valor in the glare of foes?

We did triumph over the beast.

And later feasted, filled to our toes.

Thank you for composing this poem

Of our trips through the land.

I will leave the rest to you my friend

As I sit here and rest in the sand.

[/High Chant]

I missed a storytelling event. ;( Perhaps Ill catch the next one.

Edited by Brom

The story night in Moonshadow Tavern

Winners:

Today our contestants had to start their stories with line:

The night covered Seridia with darkness. Who knows what could hide in it....

Here is list of people that win something (actually everybody won something):

I place

Samuraj - 10k gc

II place

Geoff - Mirror Cloak

III place

Dunian and Wodah - 4k gc each of them

IV place

SweetTea, EngelNacht, Rocker41, Kaorie and Argon - titanium long sword each of them

Thank you all who take part in the contest. Your stories were really great and all of you deserve an award and respect from all of us.

Bows to you, since the creativity and ability to write amusing stories isn't that often nowadays.

Edited by vanyel

The night covered Seridia in Darkness. Who knows what could be hiding in it?.....

In a marsh not far here there was an old Wise Woman

She was a blind but smart as a button and knew her homelands well.

One day she was picking flowers for here potions as people came from afar to buy them from her. And then she heard a strange sound in the night.

Stomp. Stomp. Stomp.

It wasnt the usual Goblin sounds for she knew them well. This was something much larger and bigger!

She went as quick as she could back to her hut, but the sound was getting closer.

Closer and closer no matter how fast she ran..She knew these marshes like the back of here hand but something had caught her scent. She opened the door to her hut and ran inside. She had alot of potions on shelves and covering the tables. She knew none of them would help her now. So she decided to try and hide.

She went to her room and got up under her bed but then she heard the crash and boom of the door being thrown open.

It was a Cyclops in the marsh and she knew it was true, she could smell his stink from where she was.

There wasnt a hope for her. The monster came upon her and pulled her by the leg from under the bed.

He then pulled out a rusty sword of sawed off here head. That quick and she was dead

He was a little hungry but decided to save this bit for later. She had lead him a merry chase.

He went out into the marsh once more to find other victoms.But after a time there was noone to be seen and he was more hungry than before.

He took out his snack. The Old Wise Womans head and....

When he pulled the head out she opened her eyes and laughed!! Arrgghhhhhh!!!!!! the monster screamed aloud.

He droped the head lickery split and tried to run. But she just rolled right on after him chased him out of the marsh she did!

The night covered Serdia with darkness. Who knows what could hide in it...

A monster, a hero? A gnome perhaps? If you chose number three my friends, then you chose rightly; for this tale is of a gnome who wandered throughout the night...

...In search of adventure, excitement, and life beyond the confines of his barrel.

His name was Rahn, and he had sworn an oath to rescue the greatest gnomish artifact, the Sacred Coopering Mallet, from the orcs of Mortos.

He set off through the dark night, his cloak pulled tightly about him against the rain. In one grimy little hand he held a sword.

Most of us common folk would probably mistake it for a pocket knife, but any gnome can tell you that it was a sword of the finest Steel.

He approached the ancient temple, wading through puddles and sneaking over the steps.

When he had gotten past the door, however, his plans went awry. The door, which had opened without a squeak, closed with a BANG!

The orcs around him jumped up, rudely awakened from their sleep.

"If any of ye tries tae stop me before ah get may hands on yon mallet, I'll slay ye before ye have time to blink, de ye ken?" cried Rahn, brandishing his sword.

The orcs stood dumbfounded as the little gnome advanced. The mallet lay upon a yellow book, shining upon a pedestal. Rahn crept towards it...

But the minute he grabbed the Sacred Coopering Mallet, they rushed him! He slashed one with his knife-

Er, blade, and hit the next one a bump on the head with the gnomish symbol. Instantly the orc was imprisoned in an extra-large sized barrel!

'Twas a braw fight, but he had to be back in his barrel before sunrise. So he dashed through the maze, out the back door and rushed to the river.

The orcs charged out door, but were too late to stop him from floating downstream in his barrel.

The last that they heard from him was his cry, "Gnomes forever! Hail the braw!"

The night covered Seridia with darkness. Who knows what could hide in it...

Whole land was silent, while the peace was disturbed only by one man. A man in violet cape was running on the dusty road, looking behind his back.

His arm was hurt, and blood was falling on the dark ground.

While the moon was hign on the dark sky, the man was still running. He couldn't stop. The price for stoping was too expensive.

His experience lead him where he was. In the middle of nowhere. In the dark...

Suddnely, bright light was all around him. He knowed what was happening. With his other arm, he grabbed his axe and prepared. Prepared for the last fight.

Doum, doum !! He heared it. It was coming, with its red eyes which was glowing in dark. So brightly, so mad.

It jumped, jumped hign like it wanted to cover the moon, but the man was ready. He swinged with his axe, and he hitted the beast. The dark blood covered his titanium armor. BUt it wasnt over yet...

He continued to run, run faster like never before. The beast was trying to get the other chance, the chance to escape. But he wasnt thinking of going back now. Now or never!

Wounded beast suddenly stop after a long run,like it was fighting for the breath, and looked at sky. The moon was falling down, making space for the sun. Only couple of moments before the night will be over...

Man followed the trail of dark blood, and he came to a statue. A statue, that he recognise right away.

With no emotions on his face, he grabbed the axe and cutted off the head of statue. He putted the head in his backpack, and continue down the road while the light of sun was covering the land.

Still, if you are passing down the roads of Desert Pines by night, remember this story. It can be helpful, like it was to me...

THE END

The night covered Seridia with darkness. Who knows what could hide in it...

"Hey, ho, the diddle dong, home of Chinese food, bing-bong..." a dwarven Master of Cements was singing as he scouted the Nordcarn graveyard for grave-robbers and up-turned tombstones. He rounded the corner, and an entire row of graves were dug. "By Dvar's Beard!" he exclaimed, "who dug up all these graves?" Then, he felt a bony hand touch his shoulder. He wheeled around. "Aaaaah....!"

"What? The Master of Cements died? How-" "We just found his body there, ripped, torn, and mangled." said a black-bearded dwarf. "Has the scouting party returned?" asked the Nordcarn's Cheif-of-Police. "No..."

It was another night, just like the previous. A search party in full armor was scouring the graveyard. "Look! All the graves are dug-up! Who could have done a thing like that." said a dwarf. Then, he was blasted into the air by a fiery ball. "Jonn!" exclaimed another. The party of ten dwarves looked around. Then, a legion of skeletons led by a shady figure rose from the gloomy mist and shadows, and attacked them. No survivors...

"Sir! Sir! The town is being attacked by a mage and a legion of skeletons! They broke through the wall on one of the sides!" "We can't stop an army of skeletons!" said the Chief-of-Police. "I can..." and a cloaked figure burst in. "Who are-" "No time for questions! Give me 200 death essences and 100 health, and..." said the figure.

The stranger rushed into the darkness, into the growing horde. He slashed into their ranks, choping of skulls and rending rotting flesh. Then, he took on the necromancer himslef, and cast 100 harms on him. The n

ecromancer tried to overpower the massive Harm, but he was vanquished, and Nordcarn was saved. Before the town could thank the stranger, he was gone, with only a name to be remembered by. Shadowbane...

Wodah Story:

He can't post it himself:

The night covered Seridia with darkness. Who knows what could hide in it ...

Night was everywhere. Thick fog, black trees looking like huge monsters.

I, Wodah, made my way through Tirnwood Vale to meet a friend of mine, Bleekor Mardmalkin, a gnome who used to live with the elves.

Hardly finding the way from the south through the bad weather and the dark, concrete forest I spotted the lake in distance.

There were reflections on the water which were not used to be there.

Reflections of fire and people gathering around it, black as the night. People surrounded by long, dark shadows.

I was frightened. Since I was already in the inner Tirnwood area there was no way to get around the tree-barrier anymore. I was stuck.

I had to get past the scary creatures, get to Bleekor.

Walking slowly towards the fire, through the trees, I suddenly heared a voice behind me.

Not knowing where I was I found myself in a cage, caught. Trapped. Next to me, in another cage, my friend Bleekor.

The voices from the fire got louder and a man, an elf, was coming towards our cages, staring at me for about a minute.

"Hey, he is not a gnome! A dwarf he is. How shall we put him on our lean, mean, fat reducing gnome roasting machine?!"

I knew, this meant death to my friend, Bleekor. Gnome. Fellow companion.

"Lucky dwarf, run as long as you can. You're not tasty. You short legged creature, haha!" they said, letting me flee from my cage.

Without thinking about what I was doing, but knowing bears were around, I rushed to the cage of my friend and threw some raw meat into it.

Two hungry, brown bears, were running towards the cage to get to the raw flesh. One hack of their claws and the cage was open!

We were running, fleeing, both of us. Free!

Night was over, darkness was gone, when we found ourselves alive on a field in Grahms Village. We had won the battle of our lives.

The night covered Seridia with darkness. Who knows what could hide in it within the depths of its cloak of mystery. The thought of danger did not phase the young and innocent mind of a child as she crawled silently behind a large log, watching a scene unfold before her virgin eyes. “Mummy…?†she whispered helplessly as she saw the limp form of her mother strewn across the forest floor, soaked in sweet red crimson. “Adre…don’t…come…close…†managed the dying mother as she drowned in pain, taking her final lustful breaths. The child whimpered and clutched her rag-doll close, backing up against a tree. She was far too young to notice the bloody print of a crazed wolf inches from her mother’s corpse, and was whimpering too much to hear the malicious growl pass through death’s maw.

The beast watched as the mother ceased to move and laughed a sort when the grotesque scent of death filled his senses. He heard the girl, the young innocent doll that played off the exemplar of innocence. He smelled the reek of pain and suffering, of human helplessness. Yet he was far too feral to show compassion, far too wild to care of the mud-covered girl just yards away. She would be yet another midnight hunt. Another taste of the innocent iron tang of blood upon his devil-spawn tongue would be nothing to him. A twig snapped, the wolven beast growled in frustration. “Daddy…?†her sweet voice. Gods, he could not bear to hesitate another moment to leap upon her and taste the doll. Beckon her soul to him and ravage her sweet young heart. How he wanted her to feel his pain. “Yes dearie, daddy is here. He will come and make you safe,†sounded the near-human voice from the demon’s lungs. “Come sweetie, come see mommie.â€

The night covered Seridia with darkness. Corpses of dreams haunted the towns. A silent scream echoed throughout the land. Ode to the rag-doll that layed in the blood.

Story by Rocker41:

The night covered Seridia with darkness.Who knows what could hide in it.Then all of a sudden the village was overrun with gargoyles.They couldn't wait to destroy the city.But Lord Luxin was the only one who could stand their rath so with a sword in one hand and a shield in the other he threw them back to vermor castal to sleep by day and attack by night but he sealed houses with a spell so gargoyles couldn't get in but the leader voed to return to destroy them once and for all.The End

Edited by vanyel

The story night in Merry Soul Tavern

The stories today had to start with words:

Wind howled through the night, carrying a scent that would change the world...

I place

Dunian - 10k gc

II place

ssjGohan - monster magnetism cape

III place

Hephaistion - 5k gc

IV place

LightWolf - mirror cape

V place

clephptahre - 3 rare books

VI place

Samuraj, holyknight, nm88 - a serpent stone

Note:

Due to other contest I'm holding during next 2 weeks, the story telling night in Nordcarn will take place after this. More about the contest: http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=20131

Edited by vanyel