Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dimov

Archeology, Restoration & Technology.

I was looking at the mines post ent made, and smn came up with the story idea of finding a great buried technology.

So this inspired me for this skill. There would be several places on some maps that would be made to simulate an archeological dig. You would get EQ out of it occasionaly, but mostly you would get crap you could sell or make stuff out of. For example you start excavation near a spaceship crash. You dig your ass off, and come up with a ruby laser pistol (opportunities for crafters to make ammo out of gems). But it is severly fucked up so based on your ingame skill, and brains you have to fix it. A popup window with a circut appears. The higher your technology skill, the more likely you are to fix something, and you can see more obscure damages, i.e. from the begining you could see a detached wire or one with the insulation peeled of. So you dig up some of the parts that need to be replaced, and replace them with a posiblity of screwing up and having to start again.

Finds will be random events, and making one move will be slower than in harv. The archeological instruments would also be xpensive.You can also go to a medieval ruin and dig up a sword which you repair, using your restoration skill.

Don't my ideas own :blush: ?

laser guns? arent we getting a little ahead of the el time?

why not magic swords* or something that would make more sense

*by magic swords i mean swords that are a bit stronger

example: you find a magic s2e, it has 4 extra points of damage than a normal s2e

A space-ship wreckage would make a cool map, but we have to stay in medieval fantasy, not futuristic tech. Except for gnomish inventions (I have spent alot of time among their scientists), we have to stay in fantasy, no Sci-Fi. Maybe we will have room for this in the future, but not now...

To make it more medieval: Instead of spaceship crash it could be a ruined temple. instead of laser gun, crossbow. Instead of fraying wire there could be some rotten wood. This idea can work for both sci fi and fantasy.

Lucky gnomes, though I do have a miniature version of their monopole-grav cannon. I am a friend among the gnomes :P I never eat them, and don't compete in events that involve abusing the :D

No, I'm not kidding <_< But anyways, this kinda stuff would be cool, but try getting Roja or Ent up to it. They would have appropriate alternations as to not make it TO techno.

Well, things to come are mixing medieval and high-tech.

214996[/snapback]

They are still staying pretty much seperate.

Guass cannon is probally the most high-tech item in-game -_-

*Loads Gauss Cannon* Ready for exploration into the techno EL world :D *Fires Dynamite at futuristic techno-orcs and blows them up :D;) :lol: *

Edited by Dark_Nightmare